CAGcast #223: Ginger Balls

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Wombat enters the DC Universe, Shipwreck reviews the HKS Racing Controller and a lot of other stuff must have happened too as we talked for 75 minutes. Tune in for the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and so much more!

Download - 75 minutes, 45MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Spoiler

#2 easper

easper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Jonesing for a podcast and here it is. Nice!

#3 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

FIRST!!!! doh, so close

#4 Bacchus

Bacchus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

Nice

#5 easper

easper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

FIRST!!!! doh, so close

Sorry Wombat. I'll gladly sell you my first post spot for $500 if you want. I think that's legal, right? At least it is in Chicago. Aw, heck. After what happened to your daughter I'll give it to you.

I'm only a few minutes into the podcast, but I'll pause to say thanks to you and Ship for turning me on to the Marvel pinball tables. There's nothing like swearing at your TV while trying to beat a supervillain by getting a little silver ball up a tiny virtual ramp to get in the holiday spirit.

Edited by easper, 17 December 2010 - 03:05 PM.
forgot to add a dumb joke.

#6 bredbu

bredbu

I love Lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

downloading :)

#7 eberm72492

eberm72492

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:10 PM

Wow Cheapy only 2 minutes, start eating more blueberries

#8 collipop

collipop

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

Hey cheapy,

I maybe retarded but I hear you mention a childs play widget on the front page however I cant see it anywhere.
Posted Image

#9 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for mentioning me on the podcast, Wombat! I don't think my comment was jumping down your throat but I suppose you were speaking more to the other people who commented.

My attach rate for Kinect is 2, KInect Sports and Yourshape Fitness (or 3 if you include Kinect Adventures) and if that's all I ever get for Kinect, I'll be okay with that. My wife and friends absolutely love Kinect Sports (it's brought up a super competitve side in my wife - I'm glad she doesn't game more!) and i am getting a great at home workout with Yourshape.

I think there will be alot of interesting games coming out next year though, if all the hacks are any indication of what developers can do. But if not, I still feel it's 150 bucks well spent.
Posted Image

#10 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Wow Wombat, sorry to hear about your kid. That happened to my sister once; my mom actually witnessed the kid go up to my sister and bite her face. She said, similar to what you said, she wanted to whoop the kid's ass. She would never do that, and the kids mom came over the took care of it, but she was FUCKIN' pissed.

I hope give/gave them hell when you went in and complained.

#11 peteyrose

peteyrose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

Why does CheapyD hate Kinect and motion gaming so much, yet loves shitty iPhone flash games? Both are the red-headed stepchild (sorry Shipwreck) to the traditional gaming master race.

#12 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:41 PM

Answer to Cheapy's question for his DLC Code.

Who is Mozart?! DING!

#13 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:54 PM

I WANNA FIGHT WHOEVER BIT SABRINA! Give me that turd's name!
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#14 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

The Crab Vending Machine is in a Chinese subway station. Apparently it's doing pretty well and they're looking to expand their business.

Posted Image

#15 ufskenney

ufskenney

I got nuthin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:38 PM

Wombat - sorry to hear about Sabrina, but at that age it happens. My kids have come home from school several times with bite marks. It is standard procedure for the day care to not tell you who did it.

Just remember that next time it might be Sabrina biting some other kid. I guarantee that the biters parents feel awful.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked - What you say to an Irishman when he buys you a beer.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 nateeasy29

nateeasy29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Ive seen Crab claw machines in Jacksonville Florida.

Xmen Arcade is a lot better when playing 6 player coop. The single player demo doesn't do it justice.

#17 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Wombat, I was just listening to your DCUO talk and I think you should know that you're able to change the style of your clothes back to what you started with by going to the style menu to the right of your equipment screen in the menu and just changing the style allows you to keep the stats of your better armor, so you can mix and match to find your own Super Style.

#18 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

Wombat people wouldn't care or comment on how you're always wrong if you didn't act so cocky when you talk about stuff like that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#19 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

I suspect what will happen with Kinect is that there will be a lot of shovel ware. You have to remember that most top tier games on the 360 and PS3 have enormous budgets. You can look at games studios like Grin and now Bizarre Creations that went under because one or two games didn't sell. With shovelware, there is usually minimal budget, which means you don't really have to sell many to make money. Sooo, even with a minimal installed base, there is still incentive to make games for Kinect.
Posted Image

#20 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

boo the lack of tweeting about this show. I could have this downloaded minutes ago. I had to find out via my podcast program. tsk tsk.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#21 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

C'mon Cheapy....I know you would like to see a WEED machine. Imagine D6=Purple Nurple, A2=Diesel, C1=Northern Lights etc... Would that be effin great?!

And, I watched Ip Man on Netflix last night (undubbed). It was great I thought.

#22 nzbeans

nzbeans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:28 AM

49 minutes into this show and I'm calling this the CAGcast of the year. Funny, immature and insightful. If my dad was to hear it, it would certainly cement you as the 'twerps' (as he so colloquialy calls you). :)

#23 ares04

ares04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

I must've heard Cheapy's prostate story over a dozen times and I still chuck everytime he tells it.

What is so funny about a grown, heterosexual man getting anally probed?

You tell me lol.

#24 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

You chuck or you chuckle?

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#25 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

I'm inclined to agree with Wombat on the DCUO issue. I try not to let my fanboyism blind me to good stuff but it's a little frustrating to see one of my favorite IPs (DC) not achieve the level of success that Marvel has. Justice League Heroes didn't do as well as X-Men Legends or MUA. Outside of Batman (with that terrible terrible voice), and the DCAU (which upon reflection is a pretty big recent success) I can't think of any recent big name DC movies that have done well
Spoiler
vs Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Hulk, Blade, Fantastic Four, and Ghost Rider. Anyway my point is that MMOs are complex beasts to create and maintain and if this fails. It just adds a bit of stink to the DC IP. The property is rich enough but, like any number of high school skater-boi, it's not reaching it's potential in my opinion.

C'mon Cheapy....I know you would like to see a WEED machine. Imagine D6=Purple Nurple, A2=Diesel, C1=Northern Lights etc... Would that be effin great?!

And, I watched Ip Man on Netflix last night (undubbed). It was great I thought.

and this is why in general admitting your get high is a bad idea on the internet. I think there might be a percentage of CAGs who think Cheapy has nothing on his brain but weed, and how long it's been since he's had any. You say it once, twice, three times and people will not let it go.

Edited by Wolfkin, 18 December 2010 - 04:45 PM.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#26 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

CAGcast wooo!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#27 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Ginger balls? Are there FotC fans here?

#28 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:19 PM

Yo Ship, where in Chicago are you staying at? Maybe we can hang out and show you some stuff

#29 HellsAttack

HellsAttack

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

I had to pause while listening to the CAGcast and ask because it's been bothering me since March.

Why do Wombat and Cheapy say waiting "on line" when talking about waiting in a line? Whether talking about PAX East lines or lines to talk to Robin (DC Universe), Wombat is always complaining about waiting "on line." I think he sounds really odd saying it, then Cheapy parrots it back, making me feel like the crazy one.

Personally, I don't wait on top of a line. I stand in a line. If I were in England, I would wait in a queue.

Cheapy and Wombat, I'm calling you to task. What is your preposition disposition?

Also, stop pronouncing Mario wrong. Play Mario 64, Peach and Mario both say Mah-reo. Not Mair-eo. () ()

Sorry for the rant, just getting it off my chest. I love the CAGcast.

Edited by HellsAttack, 19 December 2010 - 02:52 AM.
Adding links to Mario Pronunciation

#30 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

HellsAttack, it's a regional thing. New Yorkers say Mario wrong and wait on line instead of in line.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image