DSiw/$20 credit and DSi XL w/$25 credit at Amazon

[quote name='typical guy']holy shit, what store are they price matching?[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart has the same offer, but you have to pay tax...and you know, it's Wal-Mart.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Wal-Mart has the same offer, but you have to pay tax...and you know, it's Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

It looks like Amazon is only offering the deal on the vanilla PS3, I wonder if you can get a bundle at Walmart and get the GC?

I'd recommend doing this anyway if you have a 60/80 GB phat system and don't need the backwards compatibility. It's only going to break down eventually and you can sell it on ebay for around $300.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']hmm this makes me smell a PRICE DROP. All these GC that are tagged onto ps3 systems.[/QUOTE]
By this logic, the XBOX 360 and Nintendo Wii will also be getting price drops soon.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']hmm this makes me smell a PRICE DROP. All these GC that are tagged onto ps3 systems.[/QUOTE]

Stores are merely matching eachother's deals. Retailers often have GC deals like these around the holidays too. There's been one for the Wii and the 360 as well. No price drop coming till Fall 2011 I imagine.

WOW, man this is tempting even though I already own a PS3 fat plus I've already upgraded the hdd to 500gb or else I'd bite. Like the other poster said, if you don't have a ps3 and don't jump on this then you are either seriously broke or seriously crazy! I've been playing crack in time again and that game alone is worth the purchase. Lots of socom confrontation too. Do yourself a favor and buy the best system on the market folks you won't regret it. Pick up 5 good $20 games that I paid $60 each for and am happy with and be even happier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hytham']Finally picked one up for myself. What are some good exclusives?[/QUOTE]

Valkyria Chronicles if you're an RPG fan (that's probably a yes, judging by your avatar). Disgaea 3's good too.

MGS4 if you're a fan of that series. Killzone series are solid FPS titles.

Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are both fantastic action/adventure titles.

[quote name='Hytham']Finally picked one up for myself. What are some good exclusives?[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 1 and 2 are a must-own
God of War collection and III
LittleBigPlanet (wait for the 2nd though)
Ratchet and Clank games

[quote name='no_exit']By this logic, the XBOX 360 and Nintendo Wii will also be getting price drops soon.[/QUOTE]
Wii should be friggin $149 by now, seriously, and it should be $99 by holiday 2012.

Kinda sucks that amazon doesn't offer this on the bundled version, seeing as how the bundled ones can be had at wal-mart and still get the gift card.

It says I get $100 credit on my account instead on a gift card(like I got when I bought an Ipod). Where/when does the $100 show up?

It doesn't say anything about the $100 on checkout. EDIT: yes it does lol just seen it. nvm

Thanks

Christ this is a good deal. You're not only getting the $100 credit but most will save $20 - $30 over Walmarts price. I already have an 80GB but I'm seriously considering jumping on this and selling that one.

[quote name='Tony S']Noob question here, but is the 100$ applied automatically ?
Seems too good if true.[/QUOTE]
Normally Amazon will automatically credit the amount to your account within 2 days after the product has shipped.

Wait, so I ordered a PS3 on Tuesday with the $75 Gift Card deal on Amazon, will they give me the extra $25 if I email CS?

WHAT THE....i dont even.:applause:

Im tempted to buy a 2nd PS3 unit for the house. But my phatty Metal Gear 80GB model is working great!.

Geez..so tempting.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Wait, so I ordered a PS3 on Tuesday with the $75 Gift Card deal on Amazon, will they give me the extra $25 if I email CS?[/QUOTE]

I emailed them something similar about the ratchet and clank/singstar bundle $299 that I got the $25 credit for. The way I see it, I got another $75 coming to me one way or the other. Either they take it back, or I just sell it for $275 and get the one they have for $199 all said and done.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Wait, so I ordered a PS3 on Tuesday with the $75 Gift Card deal on Amazon, will they give me the extra $25 if I email CS?[/QUOTE]

same here. I actually emailed them just now. Hopefully they give the extra $25 and match the deal.

Hmmm, after check out, no mentioned of this $100 credit on my order detail? Is there supposed to be a mention of this on my order status page?

[quote name='wargod']I got one 2 weeks ago and only got a $25 gift credit. :cry:[/QUOTE]

same here, haha...but you also got 2 games and a movie I guess.

well said, man, well said.

[quote name='ps2emotions']WOW, man this is tempting even though I already own a PS3 fat plus I've already upgraded the hdd to 500gb or else I'd bite. Like the other poster said, if you don't have a ps3 and don't jump on this then you are either seriously broke or seriously crazy! I've been playing crack in time again and that game alone is worth the purchase. Lots of socom confrontation too. Do yourself a favor and buy the best system on the market folks you won't regret it. Pick up 5 good $20 games that I paid $60 each for and am happy with and be even happier.[/QUOTE]

This list is going to be a little overwhelming...

Uncharted 1 and 2
God of War III
Demon's Souls
Metal Gear Solid 4
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Ratchet and Clank
inFamous
Wipeout HD
Modnation Racers
Motorstorm
Valkyria Chronicles
Super Stardust
PixelJunkMonsters
Fat Princess
Warhawk

Told myself I would buy one if they matched Wal Mart and now for some stupid reason I can't pull the trigger. Would rather they sell it to me for $199 and keep their credit. :( Mainly want it to play Gran Turismo 5 and have access to Hulu Plus, but it seems that GT5 really isn't worth buying a new system for.

[quote name='pancake lover']YESS!!

Amazon just emailed me back and gave me an extra $25 credit.

Thanks amazon.[/QUOTE]

What exactly did you email them to get the $25 credit difference? I swear, CS always gives me a hard time...

I figure I always shop on Amazon...tax free and shipping free ($25+)!!! Besides, I've been picking up blu-rays over the year, so now I can actually WATCH them, HAHA!

[quote name='Vacabck']Told myself I would buy one if they matched Wal Mart and now for some reason I can't pull the trigger for some stupid reason. Would rather they sell it to me for $199 and keep their credit. :([/QUOTE]

Dude, just do it. You know you're going to spend $100 eventually on Amazon anyway. I spend that much on them every month. Buy yourself 3 or 4 games or some blu-rays with that money, whats the point of having a PS3 if you're not going to have any software with it?

bread's done
Back