Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:54 AM

Take the $100 and give to Child's Play!
[cp][/cp]

#182 K_G

K_G

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:19 AM

just called amazon and the offer is done ,they also said if i am going to buy one, I should wait a little bit......(smells price drop)...

While a ps3 price drop is all but guaranteed in 2011, it won't be until at least Feb and probably not until April. No way is Sony going to piss on retailers (and piss off customers) by dropping the price within the Christmas return period. Now that is not to say that Amazon might not run another promotion in the next few days.

#183 Cheapskate

Cheapskate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:26 AM

just called amazon and the offer is done ,they also said if i am going to buy one, I should wait a little bit......(smells price drop)...

I find it bizarre that they'd boldly say that, though also interesting. I wonder what they know...

#184 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

anyone else notice amazon says the promotional credit is $25 (not $30) on the DSi XL?

#185 Euripides

Euripides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Way to go Amazon customer service.

Had it in my cart Friday afternoon with the promotion but did not go to pull the trigger until Saturday morning and it was gone. I sent an email to customer service and they made an exception and gave me the promotion. :bouncy:

Bravo Amazon :applause:

Now $1,100 worth of orders in the past 10 days with Amazon. BestBuy $0

#186 decon

decon

CAGiversary! Excellent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Way to go Amazon customer service.

Now $1,100 worth of orders in the past 10 days with Amazon. BestBuy $0

I only buy from WorstBuy once a year. They should be called MSRP Buy.

#187 Run4Fun

Run4Fun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:08 PM

Awwww yeah I just got in on the $75 credit on 12/13, and per the advice ITT I emailed Amazon about it. They just credited my credit card (rather than giving me more promotional credit!) for $25.

#188 Rhammer

Rhammer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Alright, it's been over 2 days since this deal has been over and I still don't have my $100 credit. Has anyone else not got there credit yet?

#189 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Alright, it's been over 2 days since this deal has been over and I still don't have my $100 credit. Has anyone else not got there credit yet?

I got mine within 6 hours of it shipping. Contact CS they'll straighten it out.

Also note it's a promotional credit. You'll get an email for it but you won't see it on your account until you go to order something. So possibly you have it but didnt notice?

#190 Rhammer

Rhammer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

I got mine within 6 hours of it shipping. Contact CS they'll straighten it out.

Also note it's a promotional credit. You'll get an email for it but you won't see it on your account until you go to order something. So possibly you have it but didnt notice?

I got the email that said I received the credit, but it does not show up in my account.

This is what it said in my email,

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $100 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete."

EDIT: Ok, I just tried to order Bad Company 2 and it showed up as $0.00. So I guess it applied but I just didn't know how to check.

Thanks for the help!

#191 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

I got the email that said I received the credit, but it does not show up in my account.

This is what it said in my email,

"Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $100 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete."

Right. After that you should get another email telling you your credit is there. Title is "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" and says This:
Spoiler

So anyway contact CS and let them know you still havent gotten it and they'll take care of it.

#192 Rhammer

Rhammer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

I just called the customer service line and the money is in there. Thanks for the help.

#193 postnet92

postnet92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

heavy rain god of war uncharted

#194 killerthrust

killerthrust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

I just called the customer service line and the money is in there. Thanks for the help.

seems you guys are having a easier time with this issue. i called them and now they telling me they have to contact promotional service to see if they can get me the credit. ugh this is gettin ridiculous. The representative even stated to me the promotion doesnt exist. what kind of bs is this?

did anyone take a screen shot of the promotion?

#195 dark-star

dark-star

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:12 AM

If you don't already have a PS3, and this deal isn't going to make you buy one...I don't know what will.

I don't, and it did. :)
"The piracy can't be done." - EA Rep 'Russell', in chat with CAG crupp.

#196 patches48

patches48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

Has anyone ever had success with Amazon giving you a credit like this if you JUST bought it? I just bought a dsi from Amazon a few days ago, and I'm thinking about sending it back and getting another one shipped to get the credit, that's still 20 bucks...

#197 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:13 PM

Has anyone ever had success with Amazon giving you a credit like this if you JUST bought it? I just bought a dsi from Amazon a few days ago, and I'm thinking about sending it back and getting another one shipped to get the credit, that's still 20 bucks...

As posted several times throughout this thread, including my own posts, yes.
I bought a PS3 a week before this deal for $75 credit. I emailed them a few short sentences and they refunded me $25 on my credit card, although some people get $25 amazon credit.
It won't hurt to shoot them a quick email.

#198 Flowfaster

Flowfaster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

Wahoo! Just got an email saying I got my credit!! Free shipping, no tax, and $100 to spend on anything I want, thanks all who posted this!! I love the Internet!

#199 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Anyone else really hoping Amazon pm's best buy as they're still doing the ps3 deal through Xmas?

#200 rpgfan

rpgfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

Any update on amazon's pm this deal?

#201 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

anyone else notice amazon says the promotional credit is $25 (not $30) on the DSi XL?

It also covers all colors now instead of just Blue.
PEW PEW PEW.

#202 1969iggy

1969iggy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

Damn,the credit is only $20 for the DSi now... and to make matters worse i got a DSi with mario-something (the new green one) for $150 with a $25 rebate and it had a game, how can a CAG spend the same amount, get 5 less in rebates, and NOT get a game? The Green one for my 8 year old, there was a pink one in the card for my 5 year old, but that will have to wait until there is a deal...:hot:
The three things you need to survive a gun fight:
1) Act Aggressively without hesitation
2) Act Violently without mercy
3) Get Lucky

#203 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

Damn, I completely didn't see this deal in time. Hope that price drop comes.

#204 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:02 AM

Take the credit and give to Child's Play!
[cp][/cp]

#205 mis0soup

mis0soup

Backlog Over 9000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

ok so i followed amazons link to buy this ps3 on the 17 i wait a few days no credit i get the run around for 5 days from amazon than they finaly say that i missed the sale by one hour wtf is there anything i can do i just spent an hour with cs chat and no budge!

#206 Darrith

Darrith

The Lion King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

ok so i followed amazons link to buy this ps3 on the 17 i wait a few days no credit i get the run around for 5 days from amazon than they finaly say that i missed the sale by one hour wtf is there anything i can do i just spent an hour with cs chat and no budge!

Try phone CS. Chat never works for me.

#207 mis0soup

mis0soup

Backlog Over 9000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

just tryed the phone cs no luck jeez its just an hour off, you would think they can make an exeption