Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) - $9.99 shipped at Amazon

I used the "tell us about a lower price" link this morning because I was going to buy it from Amazon. But since I received that $10 RZ GC in my e-mail, I got it from Best Buy :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']The trade-in value is currently $10.50, so you could get paid to play the game[/QUOTE]

Haha, and that's what it deserves when you plan to play this game by yourself.

The friendly ai is pretty dumb, you really need actual people to coop with for the campaign at least on the harder difficulties. I'm sure it can be done on the easiest mode. But if you have people to play with online, it's a blast.

Once you get used to the funky controls, that is.

I think this deal is a steal IMO.

It's really weird seeing the Amazon page list:

"Price: $9.99 Free Standard Shipping"

And then just a few lines down:

"Trade In This Video Game Item for $10.00"

They sure were quick to match Best Buy on this one...less than 8 hours, new record? It looks like shipping is free even without reaching $25 for Super Saver, so I guess the price match promotion counts it at its regular price when it comes to shipping costs.

I'm waiting out for the PC version at that price though (it even has Live Achievements like the 360 version). Oddly it doesn't seem to be sold by Amazon or Best Buy...was it a digital distribution exclusive in the US or something?

Yes, PC version was digital only in the US. I plan to import a hard copy from the UK.

I hate digital distribution. Not all of us have cable modems. A huge game like LP2 would take me days to download.

Thanks. My friend wanted to pay full MSRP for this a few months back for the co-op... glad I was able to convince him not to buy it!

Now I can give it to him as a Christmas gift. :D

[quote name='PS2gamerGCN']Thanks. My friend wanted to pay full MSRP for this a few months back for the co-op... glad I was able to convince him not to buy it!

Now I can give it to him as a Christmas gift. :D[/QUOTE]

And you don't have to tell your friend that you bought the game for just $10!

Would their be a benefit of buying it at Amazon over Best Buy? I don't mind waiting until Sunday and I would rather get it in store then have shipped.

No difference between the two. People may have Amazon gaming credit they may prefer to use on this purchase

[quote name='cheaphuck']Is the single player in this worth it for this price? Is it really that mp focused? I loved the first one.[/QUOTE]

I played the first one multiple times, then bought the extreme edition, then bought the PS3 version, I LOVED it. This one is a disappointment by any stretch, I didn't want to believe the reviews but most of them are spot on, the campaign is playable....at first, but quickly spirals downward and is not fun at all, I pre-ordered this game, in hopes of it besting the 1st, this is not the case at all. Trust me.

very good game, very fun in coop at 10 dollars its a steal, lot of replay value its like monster hunter but shooting

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Are there any differences in graphics/performances between the 360 and PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

Like always, multi-platform games are almost always better on the 360...

That's why I use my PS3 and Wii for exclusive games and my 360 for exclusives and multi-platform games.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Is the single player in this worth it for this price? Is it really that mp focused? I loved the first one.[/QUOTE]

The online co op campaign rocks but the single player campaign still rocks. This game is a must have for people that love 3rd person shooter action. The game is fun and not sure why people mock this game as much as they do. It was worth my 40 i paid used for it.

[quote name='Mattx510']I played the first one multiple times, then bought the extreme edition, then bought the PS3 version, I LOVED it. This one is a disappointment by any stretch, I didn't want to believe the reviews but most of them are spot on, the campaign is playable....at first, but quickly spirals downward and is not fun at all, I pre-ordered this game, in hopes of it besting the 1st, this is not the case at all. Trust me.[/QUOTE]
Why did you lose interest in it? There is more replayability in the online co op campaign but i enjoy playing solo off and on as well. I had the game for a long time and still enjoy playing it for days with friends off and on.

Man if it weren't for the fact that this is sitting at a Best Buy (site to store) I'd be all over this. Geez Amazon. Don't want nobody to make any money this season.

[quote name='Mattx510']I played the first one multiple times, then bought the extreme edition, then bought the PS3 version, I LOVED it. This one is a disappointment by any stretch, I didn't want to believe the reviews but most of them are spot on, the campaign is playable....at first, but quickly spirals downward and is not fun at all, I pre-ordered this game, in hopes of it besting the 1st, this is not the case at all. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

+1. Got it when it was a month old when amazon had it for $19.99. played couple levels and it was below average to begin with. I had to force myself to finish the game which I did but never going back to play it again. Sold it right after. Even $10 is too much for this game if you are playing solo.

Awesome, thanks OP.

For some reason I got free standard shipping even though the order is only ten bucks. Did that happen for anyone else?

Edit: Nevermind, obviously everyone else did. I can't read. I blame my computer screen reading cat.

This one is pretty bad. Even the co-op fun amplification effect isn't enough to save this stinker from the junk heap.

LP1 wasn't anything to write home about either, but it had it's moments. LP2 is just awful.

Ordered it for $1.98 shipped off the Best Buy site thanks to the $10 holiday Reward certificate.

I figure I can't really go wrong at that price, and if it's as horrible as everyone says, at least I'll make a few bucks off it when I trade it into Gamestop.

Just remember for all of you making the mistake of wasting your time and money on this stinker: The dodge roll is click LS + direction + A, to my memory.

You can't save and quit until you clear the entire chapter, and that's as many maps as it takes before it tallies up how you did for that entire chapter. You can't just quit 2 maps in and continue later. You'll lose progress AND collectibles.

Unlike LP1, the combat is actually a lot brisker paced so that it isn't better to just run past every enemy, thank goodness they improved that.

[quote name='jamesbrown']Should i buy this game that has been panned by the critics, or a personal pan pizza? $10[/QUOTE]

If anyone paid more than 10 bucks for this game, they should call Pizza Hut because they just got P'Zowned!!!

bread's done
Back