[Dead] Bayonetta (360/PS3) $9.98 with free shipping at Amazon

already beat this on Non-stop Infinite Climax...but I haven't cleared all the Alfheims or gotten the secret boss. Looks like I'm getting pulled back into this game at this price (my personal GOTY by far)

edit:
before anyone asks:
--the PS3 version is inferior but not unplayable by any means. It just has a low framerate at times and a less crisp image quality.
--the patch allows you to install the game and speed up load times

Target clearance, you failed me! Great price, but for some reason, and I only gave it the usual 5 minute spin, the game seemed so blurry and jittery to me that it made me nauseous. Now this could have been that particular area while you're falling, but it was really bad. I thought things were cleared up w/ the PS3 version? maybe not good enough.. oh well..

[quote name='kennypowers']Is one version better than the other for PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is a good deal better, but if you only have a PS3, it's still fun. If you have a choice, though, even for the extra money, get the 360 version.

[quote name='kennypowers']Is one version better than the other for PS3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

This game was notorious for being better on the 360, but Sony stepped in and fixed up the PS3 version. I've just about got Plat and have had no problems, with the game looking and runing good. So at this price i highly recommend it, even if the 360 is still slightly better from what I hear.

Great find OP, too bad I already bought at $30

bottom line: if you have a 360, don't buy this. but if you don't, this version is very playable and it's still one of the best games this gen.

I've seen this floating around $15 frequently and did not bite, at $10, this is a done deal.

Thanks OP. Much appreciated.

[quote name='Xenogears']This game was notorious for being better on the 360, but Sony stepped in and fixed up the PS3 version. I've just about got Plat and have had no problems, with the game looking and runing good. So at this price i highly recommend it, even if the 360 is still slightly better from what I hear.

Great find OP, too bad I already bought at $30[/QUOTE]

Sony only fixed the loading times by allowing the game to be installed (before that it took about 5 seconds just to load the pause screen). But framerate/textures didn't get fixed unless they've released another patch sense then?

360 is still the best choice, but stating it is MUCH better might not be entirely accurate anymore after the patch except for the extreme videophiles out there.

PS3 version has horrible graphics. Everything looks dull and like a bad PS2 game. Even after the patch, Load times suck. There are load times to open the pause menu. The freakin' pause menu!

If PS3 is your only option, go for it. Otherwise, wait for a drop for the 360 version.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Sony only fixed the loading times by allowing the game to be installed (before that it took about 5 seconds just to load the pause screen). But framerate/textures didn't get fixed unless they've released another patch sense then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the loading time issue was the biggest one, and that got fixed. Hear that 360 still looks and runs slightly better, but it was good from my playthroughs on PS3. Certainly nothing to complain about, especially for $10.

Anyway amazon would price adjust for lightning deal on 11/26? Seeing that the game is still sealed can I just buy this now and return the previous purchase ($3.00 means 3 more iphone games ^^)?

*edit* Well Amazon wouldn't price adjust, so I tried returning the game (still sealed) but Amazon chages $4.95 for returns. I could've sworn it was free last year.

Well had to try, a good price for an awesome game. The 360 is better, but if you only have a PS3 there is no reason not to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP ... wanted to play the ps3 version to see for myself and for the the price and free shipping ( no need to spend $25+) I bit ...

I have this game for the 360 but I love it so damn much (Personally my 2010 GOTY) that I had to double dip for the PS3 version so I have an excuse to play it again. Thanks op!

FYI - I picked up the 360 version at TRU for $9.99 yesterday. I'm not sure if this price applies to the PS3 version at TRU also.

Amazon just refunded me $10 for Bayonetta...whats going on.

So I talked with CSR, and the person said no. On follow up email I said I was disappointed that a lightning deal item got cheaper within 30 days or something. 2 minutes later I get a response saying only this 'one time' they will price adjust and will credit back $10.01. I specifically stated I got it for lightning deal...am I in the wrong here?

[quote name='dejeckt']Amazon just refunded me $10 for Bayonetta...whats going on.

So I talked with CSR, and the person said no. On follow up email I said I was disappointed that a lightning deal item got cheaper within 30 days or something. 2 minutes later I get a response saying only this 'one time' they will price adjust and will credit back $10.01. I specifically stated I got it for lightning deal...am I in the wrong here?[/QUOTE]

nah, 10 bucks is alot of money so you had every right to wanna price adjust, especially since any brick n mortar store (amazons competition) would do the same within 30 days usually . amazon deducted 5 bucks from my refund for returning star ocea's shipping fee and i contacted csr and they refunded me right away.

[quote name='technicalstylez']nah, 10 bucks is alot of money so you had every right to wanna price adjust, especially since any brick n mortar store (amazons competition) would do the same within 30 days usually . amazon deducted 5 bucks from my refund for returning star ocea's shipping fee and i contacted csr and they refunded me right away.[/QUOTE]

I understand for price adjusting...but they credited me $10 for a $13 purchase.

So basically I got Bayonetta for $3.00. I'm not complaining, just saying its weird that they credited me $10 instead of $3.00.

Thanks OP! Been waiting for it to drop to $10.

From what I read, Platinum Games developed the 360 version and handed off the PS3 port to Sega. I don't think Sega put its best developers on the port, unfortunately.

Decided to pick it up since 9.99 is a bargain. Was not going to buy after hearing the loading time problems but for the price i guess i can deal with it. To think i got a ps3 black friday and i only beat MGS4 out of all my games and i currently have 10 games. 4 which are unopen xD
This site has made me addicted to buying cheap games now. I also stopped at the thrift store across the street from my target while i was going to look at their clearance bin and found Legend of Zelda Collectors edition with the not for resale sign and with the booklets and all in mint condition. Game had a few scratches but you figure that given how old it is. When i went up to the guy at the register it had no price and since he saw it was a gamecube game he thought it was worthless and sold it to me for 5 dollars. I also saw some sega genesis cd games for 2 dollars in their original packaging with booklet. I may go later to pick those up and resell on ebay :D

I wasn't aware that the 360 version was only $15. As a student, I get Prime for free, so I just ordered it with a guarantee that it'll arrive by Friday with no shipping charges. Thanks for posting this.

[quote name='dejeckt']I understand for price adjusting...but they credited me $10 for a $13 purchase.

So basically I got Bayonetta for $3.00. I'm not complaining, just saying its weird that they credited me $10 instead of $3.00.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is like that sometimes. Because your lightning deal probably had the price of $19.99 as a base price, the lightning discount of $8 is shown in the promo section, the CSR just looked at the base price and saw a $10.01 drop, hense that credit. You got lucky, but this is not uncommon with Amazon post lightning deal price match.

If you're in it for the game, get it for the Xbox, it's a lot better than the PS3. I got the PS3 version for the trophies, man, the loading is horrendous... With the patch, at least it's tolerable, but still... I like the game though, hot chicks, cool combos, very nice. I want to plat this game, it's one bad ass platinum to conquer (and who doesn't want to conquer the long leg Bayonetta eh?).

$10 is a bargain. thumbs up!

Ridiculous price and crazy deal! I'm going to wait for Vanquish to hit this low. Bought Bayonetta at $28 back in the summer during a Gamestop.com promo and still have yet to beat it on Normal.

I LOOOOOVED this game but already beat it. At $9.99 it is the right price to add it to my collection. Don't let this one slip by!

I've been looking for a deal this good for over a year. I always told myself "I'll buy Bayoneetta if I can get it for under $10" and here we are.

Thanks OP, I picked this one up.

Free Shipping always makes me smile.

Is there really a patch that is supposed to remove some of the imperfections of this port?

[quote name='Gurusharky']Is there really a patch that is supposed to remove some of the imperfections of this port?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fabrizo']Sony only fixed the loading times by allowing the game to be installed (before that it took about 5 seconds just to load the pause screen). But framerate/textures didn't get fixed[/QUOTE]

from earlier in the thread.

I played this on PS3 back at release and didn't really have a problem with it. It was definitely very playable.

Is the 360 version really worth an extra $6?

bread's done
Back