Gamestop B2G1 Free on Pre-owned Games: 12/24-1/1

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#91 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Any idea if most Gamestops will open early tomorrow or normal time? I didn't realize that this started tonight or else I would have gone already. I still have yet to see any mention of this sale including on the Dec 24th ad. Very odd.

Also will they close earlier than normal too?
I want to partake in this deal to help build my newly acquired PS3's collection. (for everything I really want that I can't find at for cheap elsewhere, including BBV.)

#92 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:37 AM

I'll probably go hunting amongs 2 GS stores tomorrow for some Gamecube & Wii games. All of the decent games for filler online are unavailable such as Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2.

wow no ds cases?

gamestop is offically the scummiest company in the world.

I can understand not having cases for GBA games...that's one thing...but DS cases? C'mon!

I know it's to save room in the store, but I just cringe @ the thought of someone throwing out the case & manual for those harder to find & RPG ds games.

#93 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:42 AM

Also will they close earlier than normal too?
I want to partake in this deal to help build my newly acquired PS3's collection. (for everything I really want that I can't find at for cheap elsewhere, including BBV.)

Their website does say open until 7PM. Maybe I should be assuming opening normal time since it doesn't say anything about opening early.

#94 pureheat101

pureheat101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:43 AM

i haven't used gamestop.com in a while...

what was the return policy for used games? thanks in advance

#95 aem

aem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

Their store policy is 7 days for returns, 30 days exchange for same title. I don't know if it is different for website purchases, but I'm sure they have their return policy on their website somewhere.

#96 rentacop

rentacop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

I like b2g1 AND I have a decent amount of credit on my powerup card but they never have the games in stock that I want. I've yet to see a uncharted 2 goty, sly collection, or motorstorm pr used.

#97 Stutterbox

Stutterbox

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

wat r teh chances of me actually getting cases and manuals if i buy online?

#98 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

What you guys need to do is do the survey and give them all bad scores and say its because of the no case policy.

I agree with this. Retailers put a lot of value in those surveys. Much more so than people complaining on message boards.

Every time I traded in games they would say "don't forget to fill out this survey for a chance to win blah blah blah." I would always fill it out and write "as long as you put price stickers on cover art, I will not buy used games." They don't do it any more. I'm not saying it's solely because of me, but I think if no one complained directly to them, corporate would figure nobody minds. And the more CAGs who complain the better. Much better than pissing in the wind here.

Course, I haven't been able to convince them to stop gutting new games. :D Baby steps.

So far only one store by me ditched all the cases for DS games. That and the ditching of cases for console games <$5 is another horrible trend that I hope stops.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#99 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:11 AM

I loved gamestop earlier this year. They were competeing with sales and direct deals and their trade in values with their bonuses and coupons neted you some deals worth going there over.

Now there sales are all prices controlled by the publisher which are usually worse then other b @ m retail stores AND they do them late and usually last behind the rotation. They stopped doing email coupons altogether for their **** power up rewards card which gives you a whoping 2.5 cashback on money I dont spend there anymore because the deals SUCK.

Also their trade in values are worse then I have ever seen. Even with the recent 60% bonus they had, the trade invalues didn't even reach the old 30% of the value of their used sale they used to give you. They want to give nothing for everything so I give them nothing.

I hate the new direction they are going, and it's a shame because I used to shop there quite alot.

#100 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

Black Ops used is 39.99 now.

#101 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:55 AM

wow that was quick.

i almost dont wanna believe.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#102 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

NFS HP needs to come back in stock for ps3 :D
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#103 jcslao

jcslao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

I ended up purchasing:

Lost Planet- 360- $5
Resident Evil 5- 360- $10
Enchanted Arms- 360- FREE

Infinite Undiscovery- 360- $9
Dead Rising- 360- $10
Dark Sector- 360- FREE

Bought Final Fantasy X for $15. That's a classic for my sis. I spent $50 for a total of 7 games!

Then I bought Lost Planet 2 for 360 at Best Buy for $10. I'm going to be pretty busy with all these games I bought this Christmas season!

#104 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

I never bought used games from Gamestop before. Do they come with very crappy worn out box and disc, and do they come with manuals?

#105 animemaniac14

animemaniac14

Do the Monkey w/Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

I never bought used games from Gamestop before. Do they come with very crappy worn out box and disc, and do they come with manuals?

yes, yes, and no

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#106 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Got:
Metal Gear Solid 4-$10
Halo 3 ODST-$15
Blue Dragon-$10

#107 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Most of the time they do lol. But you can go switch them out for the case and manual at a local store.
Posted Image

#108 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Is the case I bring up to the register the one they are going to give me? If so maybe I should try to find a better box to bring to the register?

#109 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

Is the case I bring up to the register the one they are going to give me? If so maybe I should try to find a better box to bring to the register?

Sometimes they switch the cases out

#110 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

I agree with this. Retailers put a lot of value in those surveys. Much more so than people complaining on message boards.

Every time I traded in games they would say "don't forget to fill out this survey for a chance to win blah blah blah." I would always fill it out and write "as long as you put price stickers on cover art, I will not buy used games." They don't do it any more. I'm not saying it's solely because of me, but I think if no one complained directly to them, corporate would figure nobody minds. And the more CAGs who complain the better. Much better than pissing in the wind here.

Course, I haven't been able to convince them to stop gutting new games. :D Baby steps.

So far only one store by me ditched all the cases for DS games. That and the ditching of cases for console games <$5 is another horrible trend that I hope stops.

Yeah all my stores tossed out the cases too. I think I'm up in Jan or Feb, so I won't be renewing.

I don't see why they would toss them out, while keeping every other case. It's not like DS cases take more room than others.

I'm seriously not going to be buying from them much longer. I'll pick up a new game when it drops to the bottom barrel but all USED, GS sucks.

Ordering from the Website is seriously just asking for disc only games. Going to the stores won't help because they won't have it.

Gamefly and GoHastings will see more of my dollars.

Is the sale IN-Store too? Didn't see it...

#111 jcslao

jcslao

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Sometimes they switch the cases out

Which they did with me in regards to Resident Evil 5. I gave him the Resident Evil 5 box art and he gives me the Gold Edition box art but tells me that the DLC isn't included. I was like whatever considering I will be purchasing the DLC on the XBL marketplace anyway.

#112 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Looks like everyone is thinking you're talking about a online order. To me it sounds like you'll be buying in store. If this is the case, then the case you bring up to the register is the one you keep. Check the case to see if the manual is inside of it, you can also ask them to let you see the disk they'll be giving you.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#113 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:26 PM

MW2 also dropped to $25

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#114 ineedanadult

ineedanadult

TradeList NotUpdated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

Looks like everyone is thinking you're talking about a online order. To me it sounds like you'll be buying in store. If this is the case, then the case you bring up to the register is the one you keep. Check the case to see if the manual is inside of it, you can also ask them to let you see the disk they'll be giving you.

For the Gamestops here, if they already have a lot of copies of the game you bring up they give you a case that already has the disc in it (they store all the discs in a case already so it's faster than looking for a case and putting the disc in the one you bring up I guess..) I always have to watch the cashier in case that happens because it can be a hit or miss on whether the copy they bring up is a greatest hits / missing manual. :cold:

#115 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

MW2 also dropped to $25

I can finally play this, thanks.

#116 SpockBlocker

SpockBlocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

Scored God of War 3, God of War Collection and Resistance 2 for $40.

#117 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

For the Gamestops here, if they already have a lot of copies of the game you bring up they give you a case that already has the disc in it (they store all the discs in a case already so it's faster than looking for a case and putting the disc in the one you bring up I guess..) I always have to watch the cashier in case that happens because it can be a hit or miss on whether the copy they bring up is a greatest hits / missing manual. :cold:

Yeah you're right. Thats happend to me a few times also.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#118 Marker

Marker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

Yup, this happened to me last night. I've been looking for the Platinum Hits edition of Mass Effect, since it comes w/ a bonus disc containing the Bring Down the Sky DLC. I found the PH case at Gamestop, and brought it up to the cashier. One guy goes behind the counter and brings out a regular non-PH edition of Mass Effect and is about to ring it up.

I said "Um, I specifically want the Platinum Hits version since it comes w/ 2 discs."

The cashier says "Oh, I don't think Mass Effect 1 comes with a 2nd disc, only Mass Effect 2 does, but I'll go look."

Sure enough they find the PH version, but it's in a black case as opposed to the platinum grey case I found on the shelf. Then I needed to say "Could I get THIS case from the shelf instead?"

#119 insix003

insix003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Picked up:

Bioshock - PS3 - $19, Bioshock 2 - PS3 - $17, & Just Cause 2 - PS3 - $17

#120 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:37 PM

Yeah you're right. Thats happend to me a few times also.

It's happened to me too at my 'good' Gamestop. I brought up a case from the original Kane & Lynch last week when I used my B2G1 coupon from my PUR account. It had no manual(which sucks), but the artwork was at least in decent shape.

So when they went to ring me out and I was checking the discs I noticed they swapped it out for a copy that has water damage on the coverart.:bomb:

I then had to point out the case that I'd brought up to the counter with the better condition coverart and say I wanted that.

You should see the hassle I get when I tell them I wanna check out the condition of the game discs BEFORE they ring me up though. That's even more of a hassle.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image