Gamestop B2G1 Free on Pre-owned Games: 12/24-1/1

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#121 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

The bastards gave me a copy of Blue Dragon without the manual.

Now whenever I buy another game I'll have to get a manual for it.

#122 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

I can finally play this, thanks.

Glad I could help. You've done a lot for us with all the TRU deals thanks.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#123 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

i love the morons who think people cant complain to corporate and complain on CAG also.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#124 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

didn't see anything locally good here, it seems everything good was hauled from the previous buy2get1

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#125 RobotSimp

RobotSimp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

went to go pick up a few used games that the online checker said my store had in stock.
the store wouldnt sell them, as they now have to hold trade ins for 7 days due to a new city pawn ordinance. what a crock

#126 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:48 PM

Decided to stop in GS after I got my sons hair cut. Ended up buying FFXIII, Just Cause 2 (for a buddy) and Divinity 2 (all xbox 360) for ~$36. Not to bad for $12 a piece.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#127 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:09 AM

Decided to stop in GS after I got my sons hair cut. Ended up buying FFXIII, Just Cause 2 (for a buddy) and Divinity 2 (all xbox 360) for ~$36. Not to bad for $12 a piece.

Just Cause 2 just screams for an online co-op or free mode or some form of multiplayer, but sadly it's one of the few titles I've WANTED to see mp modes for that has remained a single player experience.

So many insane things to do in that game and so many little secrets to find.:D

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#128 Kamera

Kamera

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:15 AM

Question - I know B&M GS sucks about manuals/cases, but what do you get when you order used from their website? Are they usually good about giving you original packaging?

#129 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

Just Cause 2 just screams for an online co-op or free mode or some form of multiplayer, but sadly it's one of the few titles I've WANTED to see mp modes for that has remained a single player experience.

So many insane things to do in that game and so many little secrets to find.:D

Co-op on Just Cause 2 would have been a fucking blast! I cant even imagine the fun I could have had running around with a buddy.

Question - I know B&M GS sucks about manuals/cases, but what do you get when you order used from their website? Are they usually good about giving you original packaging?

Actually yu'd have better luck finding complete copies of games in store. Online you never know if the games will be complete and in good shape. I've pretty much stopped buying games online, a year ago I was buying games atleast once a week from GS.com.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#130 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:13 AM

depends what system you order. for me almost all of the ps3 games are complete. x360 to me is the one that is hit or miss the most. i hear a lot of bad stories about buying online but i prefer it as its cheaper and from my experience i have no complaints.

#131 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

If you don't receive a complete copy online you can USUALLY go to your local GS and switch cases with them. I've done this several times in the past.

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#132 Kamera

Kamera

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

If you don't receive a complete copy online you can USUALLY go to your local GS and switch cases with them. I've done this several times in the past.

That's what I figure. I'm usually pretty friendly with my local GS staff (I point out when they forget to change a price tag, and I'm nice about it, too) so I doubt they would mind too much. Plus, I'm a girl, which always helps...

#133 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:34 AM

what you guys think Brotherhood, Shattered Dimensions, and Enslaved for 66 bucks??? Deciding if i want to wait and trade some stuff in first...
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#134 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

what you guys think Brotherhood, Shattered Dimensions, and Enslaved for 66 bucks??? Deciding if i want to wait and trade some stuff in first...

i wouldnt wait as stuff is going to go oos with everyone ordering stuff.

#135 stickyfeet

stickyfeet

Don't panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:43 AM

Just got Assassin Creed Brotherhood PS3, Donkey Kong Returns Wii, and Fallout GOTY Xbox 360, total was 76.XX GS credit. Traded Donkey Kong to Amazon for 36.00 so 40.00 total for the other 2.

#136 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:44 AM

Take the money you get from Grandma this Christmas and throw a few to Child's Play!
[cp][/cp]

#137 Gbear09

Gbear09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:45 AM

i've found pointing out the defective sticker (just be careful when peeling off the stickers) when receiving games missing things usually gets gs employee on their side, and from there they're more likely to let you look at the disc and give you (depending on availability) a complete game
Currently Playing:

:360: Lost Odyssey, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection
:ps3: Critter Crunch

#138 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

My wife just bought me a bunch of used games from Gstop. Since it's within the 30 day window can I return them and repurchase them with this b2g1? It's pretty frustrating to miss it by 2 days...
Posted Image

#139 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

Used returns you only have 7 days, not 30.

#140 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

Enslaved is $19.99 by itself on Amazon right now, so not that good of a deal. I always try to go for three like priced games to maximize my value.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#141 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:13 AM

Enslaved is $19.99 by itself on Amazon right now, so not that good of a deal. I always try to go for three like priced games to maximize my value.

Yeah. The Blockbuster deal has spoiled me on game prices.....i havent spent 60 bucks at one time on games in about 3 months. Enslaved is kinda just a throw in on the deal.

I figure getting all 3 for the price of a new Brotherhood at retail can be checked off as a win.

Havent checked out yet because I fell like I could get all these games new for 20 each in about 2-3 months
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#142 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

Only one of my local Gamestops still has PS2 games on the sales floor. Has anyone else noticed this?

#143 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:46 AM

Only one of my local Gamestops still has PS2 games on the sales floor. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was told they're being slowly phased out. Hence the extra 10 percent off that stacks with PUR and B2G1. I bought about a dozen a couple weeks ago when they had the B2G1...some hard to find RPGs that were all complete and near mint.

Probably not the worst time to shore up any loose ends in your PS2 collection if you're into that sort of thing.

#144 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:53 AM

Wish they had Alchemist of Arland and Heavy Rain in, it'd go great with Brotherhood or Need For Speed HP.

#145 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:04 AM

Had no plans of buying anything on this sale but ended up getting these 3 on Xbox 360 for $18 + tax from local GS

Left For Dead GOTY
Battlefield Bad Company
Too Human

Going by my backlog & work schedule, I may get some time to play these in next 50 years maybe!

#146 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

I was told they're being slowly phased out. Hence the extra 10 percent off that stacks with PUR and B2G1. I bought about a dozen a couple weeks ago when they had the B2G1...some hard to find RPGs that were all complete and near mint.

Probably not the worst time to shore up any loose ends in your PS2 collection if you're into that sort of thing.

Absolutely, I've started buying up a lot of them. Remember what happened with a lot of PS1 games after they stopped carrying them? Common titles went through the roof. Found 5 complete games today, and bought a gift to make b2g1 work.

#147 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

There's still quite a bit left @ the ones near me. In the just the past month or two the PS2 section has been cut in HALF. They are really trying to push those PS2 games out.

Here's what I picked up today:

Dragon Quest VIII PS2 - $9.99
No More Heroes Wii - $12.99
King of Fighter's Collection Wii - $9.99 (Free after promo)

I then went to another store that's in the mall nearby & returned those to get Tales of Symphonia, Metal Slug Anthology, & then rebought No More Heroes. After I got home I was really kicking myself because I realized that Tales & Metal Slug Anthology are CHEAPER NEW on Amazon.

*face palm*

Ah well I'll be returning those Sunday or early next week.

#148 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:00 AM

the tales is prolly players choice on amazon.

if youre into that kinda thing, cool.

it makes me wanna throw up.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#149 Foo228

Foo228

Brawl Nights host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:29 AM

Time to pick up a few DDR 360 games.

Been outta the loop for a lil bit, should probably get some actual stuff as well.
DJ Hero 2 and RB3 come to mind, although their prices are a bit drastic in comparison (28 to 35-45).
Also, turns out RB3 isn't so easily found pre-played over here...hmm

#150 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

Man, I miss the days when I could go to Gamestop, throw anything I wanted into my cart, and not have to worry about shipping when rounding out my PS2 collection. I saved exactly 94 cents. I'm so depressed.

I have no idea why I bought anything, I'd just been waiting for them to get Ys Ark of N*cough*m in stock, so...

I got Ys VI, Bards Tale, and Shining Force Neo. $21.03.