Gamestop B2G1 Free on Pre-owned Games: 12/24-1/1

• Please log in to reply
434 replies to this topic

#151 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:07 AM

Went to my local GS, I haven't stepped into any GS in years, and it was CUH-RAYZIE!! Tons of people jammed in there with a long line. Even with all the craziness going on one of the employees, an extremely pretty young lady, took the time to help me find the games I was looking for... looking behind the counter and taking the cases from me to find the discs. Just mentioning this to share my story because it's really hard to find good helpful people now-a-days it seems.

Anyways, my goal was to build my newly acquired PS3's library.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
The Club
MGS4

Bioshock
Uncharted 1
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

LBP GOTY
Motorstorm Pacific Rift
Heavenly Sword

Maybe not the best deal out there but not bad either!

#152 StripesOrBars

StripesOrBars

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

it was crazy cause it was the day before christmas.

i made the mistake of going there yesterday too(because i waited to do my shopping til christmas eve) >_<

Posted ImagePosted Image

#153 brodyy

brodyy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

My gamestop had 15 ds games with the cases left. Ds games are just sooooo slim around here. Of course they were the shitty movie games, petz and barbie games.

Also picked up
.dot hack part 1(ps2)
Bionic commando (360)
Chronicles of riddick (360)

The last buy 2 get 1 free I bought dot hack part 2, 3, 4 and was hoping that the first one was still there by the time I got payed and it was. Now I gotta get the other 3 .dot hack games and I will have them all. Those are very hard to find I found them at one gamestop ,but I went ahead and bought the shining force games instead. Going to another town to try to find the others at a Gamestop and swing in there play n trade as well.

#154 CGH

CGH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

Which are the good rpgs for ps2? I am getting into ps2 gaming late.

I was told they're being slowly phased out. Hence the extra 10 percent off that stacks with PUR and B2G1. I bought about a dozen a couple weeks ago when they had the B2G1...some hard to find RPGs that were all complete and near mint.

Probably not the worst time to shore up any loose ends in your PS2 collection if you're into that sort of thing.

#155 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Which are the good rpgs for ps2? I am getting into ps2 gaming late.

Xenosaga, kinda started the whole 1 hour cut scene thing.

#156 lildude

lildude

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:12 PM

Used returns you only have 7 days, not 30.

I believe it's 30 days if purchased online

#157 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

what the deal with gs.com used games? did they start guaranteeing the case and manual? if not can we go to the store and swap out beat up cases/manuals for new ones.

#158 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

Is GameStop open on Christmas?

#159 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:49 PM

did they start guaranteeing the case and manual? if not can we go to the store and swap out beat up cases/manuals for new ones.

no.
yes.

Is GameStop open on Christmas?

no.

#160 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

Anyone know if Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and Blackops for X360 and PS3 are the same price in-store as online?

#161 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

Used returns you only have 7 days, not 30.

Their return period is actually through Jan. 15th for holiday purchases. Not sure if Dec. 26th - on after purchases qualify though.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#162 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

Really? During the last B2G1 (the Power Saver one) I was looking through my receipts and didn't see anything for used games being extended. Might have overlooked it though. That's good to know, though.

#163 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

Really? During the last B2G1 (the Power Saver one) I was looking through my receipts and didn't see anything for used games being extended. Might have overlooked it though. That's good to know, though.

My 2 local GS confirmed it. But again, not sure if any purchases after Xmas count.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#164 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

My returns are FROM STORE and within 7 days, also I don't want cash I just want to get in on the B2G1 sale since my wife bought the games on Wed. and then use the credit balance to buy another game. Can anyone tell me if this is acceptable by GStop store policy?
Posted Image

#165 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

I want to pick up Heavy Rain (it's $45 in store instead of $35 online)... anything else people would recommend for the :ps3:?

GT5?
Dead Rising 2?
Castlevania LOS?

I don't know man...

Anyone know if Assasin's Creed Brotherhood and Blackops for X360 and PS3 are the same price in-store as online?

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it can be YMMV dependent on the store. You can always call them to find out? Like my statement above, Heavy Rain is $45 in my closest store while it's $35 online. And 2 of my games I picked up yesterday were $27 while they are $25 onilne.

My returns are FROM STORE and within 7 days, also I don't want cash I just want to get in on the B2G1 sale since my wife bought the games on Wed. and then use the credit balance to buy another game. Can anyone tell me if this is acceptable by GStop store policy?

I don't see why this would be a problem. :)

#166 nakanenui

nakanenui

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

With receipt in hand and within the return period, they should have no reason to deny your return (cash if paid in cash, store credit if paid with GS credit). The only issue is when you by a new/gutted new game, they make sure you didnt open it before they issue a return.

I have done return/rebuy many times when there are sales while I am within their return policy and they are more than happy to ring it up.
NowPlaying: BF3, RFG, Disgaea3
Latest Plat: Lego HP 1-4

#167 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it can be YMMV dependent on the store. You can always call them to find out? Like my statement above, Heavy Rain is $45 in my closest store while it's $35 online. And 2 of my games I picked up yesterday were $27 while they are $25 onilne.

In store is almost always a few bucks more expensive than online. You can always find the in-store price online by clicking on the pick up at store button and it will list both online and instore prices.

#168 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

In store is almost always a few bucks more expensive than online. You can always find the in-store price online by clicking on the pick up at store button and it will list both online and instore prices.

Oh dang. I did not see that. Thanks hawaiiboy! You're a wealth of information!

#169 n1c0

n1c0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

Too bad it's not open today, otherwise picking up Knights in Nightmare DS, and Star Ocean 1 & 2 for 25 after PUR and rewards coupon would be a pretty great deal.

#170 Brodieman

Brodieman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Really hoping I can still return the used Demon's Souls I bought roughly a week ago for credit, then buy it back as part of this deal. I need to bolster my anemic PS3 library.

#171 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

Just the sale i have been waiting for.
Posted Image

#172 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:07 AM

Yeah if you EVER buy PC game that is opened sold as new, they WILL NOT take it back. I figured this might have been the case before I bought the Witcher, but really wanted it.

Only reason I had attempted to return it is because there were some other games I wanted more @ the time. Also they dropped the price on the sale to $14.99 & the bitches wouldn't even give me the difference back. W/e...

I would work on my PS3 library, but only thing I'd be now are RPG's as there aren't really any rare PS3 games perse (@ least not that I'm aware of).

Mainly been focusing on Wii & DS games.

#173 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:27 AM

Since this sale started on Christmas Eve, my GS's are already wiped off all the decent Wii/DS games thanks to parents buying their kids crap last minute.

What I REALLY want is online only right now...& that's Mega Man Collection & Mega Man X Collection. X Collection is in stock maybe half the time. Gonna wait for that to get back in stock to jump on it.

#174 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

Been thinking about it and I don't see this coming around again until summer.

So tacked 3 more on.

King Kong
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman/Pure

Now if my browser would open the site again...

#175 kodave

kodave

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:39 AM

Been thinking about it and I don't see this coming around again until summer.

So tacked 3 more on.

King Kong
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman/Pure

Now if my browser would open the site again...

They'll have another B2G1 before summer...

#176 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:36 AM

Not really defending them but the new games they open and sell as new at least have not been played

Toys R' Us has display cases that're slimmer than the standard game cases with coverart marked 'display only' on them and as such don't have a need to open up product and make those copies USED in order to get display boxes. Yet Gamestop, the biggest game retailer in the country, just uses their tired method of opening new copies of games for the display boxes.

But you know what, here's an experiment for you to try sometime. Buy a new/sealed game(one that you know you really want anyway) and open it right in front of them in the store. Then ask to return it. See what they say.

Chances are they'll say something to this effect:

"You opened that game, so we can't give you your full money back now, you can only get the trade in value for it."

Funny how things don't work both ways, huh? They can open and use the real game cases on the shelf as display boxes, but if you open a still sealed game it's 'used' and can only be traded back in.

Oh and as StripesOrBars above me said the employees used to be able to take home the games and try them out. Although from talking with a few GS employees I was told that they're only allowed to do this on USED copies of those games, but I'm sure more than a few have taken home the new copies before.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#177 Gears24

Gears24

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:37 AM

Probably will go get 3 10$ titles and use my 10$ off coupon as well, essentially making it B1G2

Assassin's Creed 1
Dead Rising 1
Prince of Persia

Here's to hoping I can find complete and neat copies

#178 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

Not really defending them but the new games they open and sell as new at least have not been played

Not always true, my friends that work at GS say the gutted new games are the ones they get to check out and play.

#179 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:50 AM

I do want to pick up some PS2 gems but man that's gonna be a pricey endeavor...especially when it comes to RPG's.

#180 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:46 AM

Probably will go get 3 10$ titles and use my 10$ off coupon as well, essentially making it B1G2

Assassin's Creed 1
Dead Rising 1
Prince of Persia

Here's to hoping I can find complete and neat copies

Lol. I'm doing the exact same thing expect getting Bioshock with PoP and AC1.

I'm Ridin' through NEW YORK

FINNA go and shoot NEW JERSEY up

Tryna take my chain I ain't goin

We gon come and blow NEW JERSEY UP

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300