Truth Behind SwagBucks - Company a Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKirk

Banned
Let me begin saying that this post will in no way produce referrals and if you post a referral I will report your post!

Moderators this is to educate our users on SwagBucks.com

SwagBucks.com for those who do not know is an easy way to earn free stuff by searching and winning like you would normally search on Google, Yahoo, etc. There are also many other methods to earn "swagbucks" their virtual currency for prizes.

The fraudulent practice begins with the company itself.

If you visit swagbucks.com, you will not be able to find anything about them.

Only a small contact us form which does not even give you there email and a well hidden PO Box Address. The latter is hidden in the privacy policy and terms and only stated because of some issue with children.

What kind of company hides so hard from its customers?, there are no phone numbers, no real address other then a PO Box.

You can earn points by sending in your electronics but you have no way to contact them in the exchange of goods.

Swagbucks.com, also will ban you if you earn to many points. Let say you are legitimately earning bucks, and trading in electronics, completing offers, and you amass a swagbuck total to get a PlayStation 3. You will order it they will ban you and will send you lieing terms of use emails.

This post was to educate people on the shaddyness of SwagBucks.com and their parent corp Protege.

As to people just trying to earn a free $5 Amazon gift card once a month, I strongly recommend you continue doing it. But for those who are thinking of signing up for Direct TV from them for massive swagbucks so they can get a free PlayStation 3 while getting Direct TV they were already getting think again.

Would you go to a company that has real legitmate information other then a contact form? NO.

This is SwagBucks.com information I had to hunt down on the web
Address
P.O. Box 2748
Redondo Beach, CA 90278

Phone
Tel: (877) 748-2714
Fax: (310) 919-3870
I have not verified if these phone numbers even are real.

Please be safe on the web.

oh yeah thats fine.

the point of this post was NOT to make you stop using it, because they DO pay out free gift cards for searching like Google

but when you gain to much at one time or if you plan on doing their offers DONT

[quote name='CaptainKirk']oh yeah thats fine.

the point of this post was NOT to make you stop using it, because they DO pay out free gift cards for searching like Google

but when you gain to much at one time or if you plan on doing their offers DONT[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up though!

Uhh, adding to the discussion.

www.points2shop.com - Don't know if anyone else has used this site, but it's ~~kind~~ of like Swag Bucks only you do offers. Surveys, toolbar downloads, etc. I personally thought it was a scam but I tried some out and ordered something and it worked :D

So just to say that site is safe, but be careful of what offers you try, I've never personally downloaded any toolbar programs, or did those SUBMIT 2 EMAIL ADDRESSES etc. But I've done plenty of survery site/ email signup/ daily link things.

*Golden Rule - If it looks fishy it is*

(I hope this isn't considered a "Referral")???

No lol your good, I just hate when people front like they are trying to educate you on a website but BAM there referral is posted 5 times lol

I think your dumb if you used it to begin with since ive been a member ive seen reference every single day for it and was always weary of it.

Perfect lesson stop being a free loader in life or pay the price of it.

The most common things said things ifs it to good to be true it probably is and nothing in life is free.

+ who are you to report people for making reference to it are you a mod? Ive seen swag bucks on this site for months now.

Oh never mind i just seen your going to report but that's not going to do squat that site is just as popular as Lockerz. And from the looks of things your having your own personal problem.

Out of Lockerz, Points 2shop and swag bucks are all allowed on this site good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the warning! I only use Swagbucks to get Amazon Cards though, but recently I have been debating whether or not I should do the offers.

[quote name='CaptainKirk']why was this moved?

lost faith in the world[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no joke. WTF!? :hot:

And it went to the referral section nonetheless, when you specifically said that it didn't have any referral business to begin with... =/

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Yeah, no joke. WTF!? :hot:

And it went to the referral section nonetheless, when you specifically said that it didn't have any referral business to begin with... =/[/QUOTE]

This is not free stuff or a contest maybe that's why.:roll:

[quote name='CaptainKirk']why was this moved?

lost faith in the world[/QUOTE]SwagBucks is a referral company.

We have a referral section, so that's where it was moved to, since it's dealing with a referral company.

Can't see how you lost your faith in the world with a thread being moved to the correct forum, though it's your faith to lose. :whistle2:s

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Yeah, no joke. WTF!? :hot:

And it went to the referral section nonetheless, when you specifically said that it didn't have any referral business to begin with... =/[/QUOTE]

exactly I wasnt referring anything

I was informing CAGs about shaddy practices

I dont see the Amazon/GameStop rants ever get moved

If you send in electronics you are not sending it to Swagbucks but some other company that pays Swagbucks a small percentage of what they will get for reselling it. Probably the same company that Best Buy, points2shop, etc. use.

Try to find the contact info for Points2shop or Lockerz. Heck, try to find the mailing address for a major company. Most just use contact forms. Companies don't want to deal with snail mail, its too time and cost consuming.

Who the hell is going to get enough points for a PS3? The "price" of a PS3 is 54,150 for an 80GB. For the same cost in points you can get $600 in Amazon gift cards. Just redeem for gift cards and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back