Enslaved: Odyssey To The West 19.99 (Xbox/PS3) - Amazon

I don't really have money for it but I liked the demo, might have to jump on it at that price. Thanks for the heads up.

Damn, I built quite a backlog this year... what do you guys think? Is it a must buy at this price? I tried the demo and honestly I found it boring (the graphical style was amazing though).

I'm amazed at how fast this dropped. I mean if it's dropped this low so fast already, what's to stop it from dropping to $9.99 like Bayonetta?

Decisions, Decisions.

With a MASSIVE backlog...so big that I damn near stopped buying new releases (don't have Black Ops, Fable 3, Mass Effect 2, etc.), I bought this game at launch. Still haven't played it. I can't give my opinion on it yet, but the buzz I read about it made me do it. I guess at $20, it's a no-brainer, since it was a no-brainer for me when it released.

I thought it was really good overall from what I played of it. There were some graphical type glitches which to me are no big deal but other than that I really liked it.

$20 was my buy price and this is the lowest Ive seen it so I grabbed a copy.

Considering my backlog I think I would have to pass on this one; waiting for a deal like this for Castlevania LoS. Still this is a great price for an under appreciated game.

I snagged this when it was $29.99 I enjoyed it so much. Finished it in a weekend. I recommend it, it's a good game - especially for $19.99. Play the demo, if you like the demo, the full game is just more of the same (with a few rhino chases and Pigsy of course).

Bought this for more and I loved it. Played it for 2 straight days and beat it (and that's saying a lot, the last game that I did that with was Twillight Princess on my GCN -- frankly, beyond Zelda, few games make me play it through like that).

It's not perfect but it's a wonderful game with some of the best character interaction and voice acting I've seen to date. You play this one because you're compelled to see what happens to Monkey and Trip.

I wasn't a big fan of the ending, though it's not the WTF kind of ending we got in GOW3.

An easy reco from me @ $20.

Thanks OP, just snagged one even though my backlog is huge just like most people here. Been waiting for this game to drop down to $20 or below. This is going to be my birthday present for myself.

Well dang! My 8 game+ backlog says I should wait for a cheaper price, but I am using my month trial of Amazon Prime at the moment so it would come with free shipping... decisions decisions.

The most impressive game Ive played since Uncharted 1 demo! Id be a fool to pass it up and even with a huge backlog, this baby gets pushed up before all the other crap.

[quote name='dejeckt']Damn, I built quite a backlog this year... what do you guys think? Is it a must buy at this price? I tried the demo and honestly I found it boring (the graphical style was amazing though).[/QUOTE]

Wow...we have two majorly different views then, I played the demo and was blown away by the non stop pace it presented. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire play, and felt I NEEDED to rush to the end, otherwise Monkey would die.

Game seriously went to the top of my buy list after I played it. But different strokes and all that....thanks for the heads up OP, snagging a copy now.

I seriouly need to get around to playing this demo. Everyone raves about it here and I think every game podcast I listen to also spoke it's praises.

Damnit, I knew this would happen. I bought this around BF for $25...it's only $5...but I haven't even played it yet. I need to stop buying games until they hit $20 or less.

I picked this up from Amazon a while back when they had it for $25 and I enjoyed every minute of it. Albeit the framerate drops to where it's stuttering at times, but the voice acting and the pacing of the game more than made up for it.

It's not a perfect game, but it's one of my top 5 for the year, behind Red Dead Redemption and Dead Rising 2.

FYI: I just got rid of this maybe two weeks ago to a place on the net that gave me $25.75 for it(though I had to pay to ship it to them:cry:). So I basically paid $2 and change to play this game for a week or two. I'll take that sort of rental anyday over even Gamefly.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Damnit, I knew this would happen. I bought this around BF for $25...it's only $5...but I haven't even played it yet. I need to stop buying games until they hit $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

I typically wait for $10 or less. I pass on $13-$15 games allllll the time.

[quote name='Vegan']I typically wait for $10 or less. I pass on $13-$15 games allllll the time.[/QUOTE]

Now that's either some strong-ass will-power...or you're just one of the most frugal people I know. And I thought I was frugal! ;)

But I bought it for $25 as I thought it was already outrageously low-priced considering it release in early Oct. I thought it couldn't possible drop further for at least 4 or 5 months. But I've now come to the realization that Namco is now just like Ubisoft, in fact, I think they have now surpassed Ubi games in terms of quick price drops.

Bah I bit. I've been telling myself I need to check this game out to get a look at Ninja Theory's work, seeing as how they are putting out the next Devil May Cry game and I'm a bitttt of a Devil May Cry fanatic.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Bah I bit. I've been telling myself I need to check this game out to get a look at Ninja Theory's work, seeing as how they are putting out the next Devil May Cry game and I'm a bitttt of a Devil May Cry fanatic.[/QUOTE]

to check out ninjas theory's work, look to heavenly sword.
lol but this game is pretty awesome too.

[quote name='Vegan']I typically wait for $10 or less. I pass on $13-$15 games allllll the time.[/QUOTE]

I've yet to spend more then $15 on any current-gen game, but wait for $10 on most titles too.

Having played the Enslaved demo on PS3 the game has a consistently bad framerate, and seems extremely linear. No multiplayer, and doesn't really feel like the kind of game would replay. Plus the game bombed hard at retail. Bargain bin material all the way.

[quote name='Fabrizo']I've yet to spend more then $15 on any current-gen game, but wait for $10 on most titles too.

Having played the Enslaved demo on PS3 the game has a consistently bad framerate, and seems extremely linear. No multiplayer, and doesn't really feel like the kind of game would replay. Plus the game bombed hard at retail. Bargain bin material all the way.[/QUOTE]

So was Uncharted and I don't see people griping about that...

The framerate had a few hiccups but it wasn't so bad as to make me steer clear of it, then again I'm not a gfx whore. Still the pacing, setting, story and everything else blew me away.

It might have bombed hard, I think that was mostly because 1) New IP, and 2) it's 6-8 hours gameplay, no one could justify $60 for that. But then again, that doesn't necessarily make it a bad game.

I think as it gets word of mouth and low prices it's going to find the same level of respect Bayonetta has gotten since it went $20 or less during this past year.

Lastly since I'm reading 80% pro vs. the 20% con in this thread, seems like some people are just looking for reasons to find to gripe about it, least it seems that way to me.

Well I think part of Uncharteds success can be attributed to the fact that it came out when PS3 gamers were still starved for exclusives, plus NaughtyDog has a relatively large fanbase, Ninja Theory not so much.

I'm actually playing it now and so far I love it; it's sad to see it didn't sell well. For $20 you shouldn't pass this up.

Bought it when it was $25 also. The game is a fantastic first play-through. The adventure ends pretty much where it needs to, rather than drawing out the play-time with fetch quests or useless side quests. The combat, while a bit basic, gets the job done (for the roughly 12 hour adventure) and only starts showing it's cracks near the end of the game. As others have said, the voice acting and facial animations really are second to none.

I promise you that you want to see what happens to the characters.

However, re playability is pretty low - unless you are going for achievements. Even then, I would say the game would take you ~20 hours to get everything.

Good job cags you sold me on another game..I can't wait for holiday sales to be over. Ever since thanksgiving my backlog has been growing by like 3 games a week

Finally pulled the trigger on this game. Was going to wait for 15 or lower, but all the praise for the game convinced me it was worth the extra 5 bucks.

Buy the game. It has great gameplay, some good humor, and an interesting storyline. Was a bit short and the ending is kinda odd, but for this price, its worth it.

[quote name='chicagoz']With a MASSIVE backlog...so big that I damn near stopped buying new releases (don't have Black Ops, Fable 3, Mass Effect 2, etc.), I bought this game at launch. Still haven't played it. I can't give my opinion on it yet, but the buzz I read about it made me do it. I guess at $20, it's a no-brainer, since it was a no-brainer for me when it released.[/QUOTE]

Not having Black Ops and Fable is understandable, but you don't have Mass Effect 2 yet? Shame...

Idk, I feel like this game could hit the 10$ mark in the future. 20$ is a good deal though, I'm just not sure I want to spend 20$ on this particular game.

I definitely want to play this one based on the demo, but it would probably be a year before I get a chance and I'm sure I'll find it for less before then so...

I just finished this game the other day and I really liked it. I found it worth it at $25 so this price is even better. I am looking forward to playing through the DLC once it goes on sale as well.

Great game. One of the rare games where I sat though and beat it in a couple sittings. Well worth 20. Probably has some of the best voice acting and character interaction since Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

bread's done
Back