Enslaved: Odyssey To The West 19.99 (Xbox/PS3) - Amazon

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:35 PM

anyone wanna sway me as to whether i should buy for the ps3 or 360?

Only get it for PS3 if you don't have a 360. The one on 360 has a better frame rate and the screen tears less.

#62 sigmano9

sigmano9

....いい意味で

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

Only get it for PS3 if you don't have a 360. The one on 360 has a better frame rate and the screen tears less.

thanks will get it for the 360.
....いい意味で

#63 Smokie99

Smokie99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

I'm in for one.

#64 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

if u call or do amazon chat with a cs rep i think u'll have a better chance.

Yeah. I already received a robo response less than 5 minutes after I emailed them saying that the price I got it for was the cheapest they could do at that point and they couldn't help me.:cry:

Maybe I'll try the customer service chat for the hell of it.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#65 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:49 AM

Yeah. I already received a robo response less than 5 minutes after I emailed them saying that the price I got it for was the cheapest they could do at that point and they couldn't help me.:cry:

Maybe I'll try the customer service chat for the hell of it.

Same here. I don't have the chat option available though.

#66 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:51 AM

Backlog + 1
Posted Image

#67 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:58 AM

if you have a brain then you would wait for another price drop

I only feel that way when a game I bought drops within a few weeks or a month of my purchase. If I've played and enjoyed a game and then see it cheaper months later, I don't feel bad at all.

#68 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:23 AM

I just cracked 300 this week... I no longer think of it as a backlog, but a library. I have a room in my apartment that's wall to wall books, some of which I haven't read, and I never feel pressure to read through them quickly. So why should games be different, right? They're there when you want to play them.

Eh, maybe I'm rationalizing. :)

Thats how I feel. Its a collection to me. You dont even want to know how many still sealed games I have waiting to be played.

#69 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:30 AM

$20 is a good price to buy this since you could play through it and still get back most if not all of your money reselling it. Essentially a cheap/free rental. It's a pretty solid game with some annoying platforming quirks here and there, I'd give it a 7.5/10

#70 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

$20 is a good price to buy this since you could play through it and still get back most if not all of your money reselling it. Essentially a cheap/free rental. It's a pretty solid game with some annoying platforming quirks here and there, I'd give it a 7.5/10

My thoughts exactly. I really enjoyed the characters (except for Pig) and story as well. If the DLC had been about anything other then Pig I wouldn't have resold it (god I hate Pig...) That being said, there is little replay value for anyone other than achievement whores.

Just a note: PLAY THIS GAME ON HARD. While this makes some sections rather difficult, most of the game is still really easy. Hard just adds a little bit more urgency at times that really makes the experience far more rewarding and thrilling.

#71 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

My pockets are hurtin' right now, gotta pass on this unfortunately.

Posted Image

#72 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

caved and bought this... :/

#73 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

Easily worth $20! I've really enjoyed the game thus far

#74 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

Wow surprised that mine shipped yesterday at noon with two day shipping when the delivery estimate is the 28th.

#75 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

well if u consider that 2-day doesnt ship on saturday (especially x-mas) or sunday it makes sense.

#76 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Anyone have any luck with CS getting a credit for purchasing this on Black Friday?

Edit: Wow, Amazon CS is great. The guy wouldn't give me a credit but he said I can return it to Amazon and buy it at the lower price and they'll cover return shipping. $5 back in the pocket :)

Edit: So, the return/rebuy plan didn't pan out. Turns out they don't give you back promotional credit like the first rep seemed to indicate. Chatted with another guy and he gave me the $5 back in promotional credit for the inconvenience. End result: Amazon is still king and I still have $5 back in my pocket :)

Edited by Ardrid, 25 December 2010 - 04:59 PM.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#77 Midnighthawk

Midnighthawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

Anyone have any luck with CS getting a credit for purchasing this on Black Friday?

Edit: Wow, Amazon CS is great. The guy wouldn't give me a credit but he said I can return it to Amazon and buy it at the lower price and they'll cover return shipping. $5 back in the pocket :)

Edit: So, the return/rebuy plan didn't pan out. Turns out they don't give you back promotional credit like the first rep seemed to indicate. Chatted with another guy and he gave me the $5 back in promotional credit for the inconvenience. End result: Amazon is still king and I still have $5 back in my pocket :)

They credit you back a promotion from over a month ago but they wouldn't credit me back the AC Brotherhood promotion 24 hours later? God, I hate Amazon.

#78 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

$20 gift card for Christmas is burning a hole in my wallet. Guess i'll pick this up lol.

card.png
453976.png

#79 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:34 AM

how is the 360 superior?

#80 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:10 AM

how is the 360 superior?

It isn't. Ignore him.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#81 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:01 AM

how is the 360 superior?

Superior as in small details the everyday gamer would never ever notice.

Just look it up on those comparison Web sites.

#82 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

how is the 360 superior?

Screen tearing is worse on PS3 (but present on 360) and 5.1 audio not being present in the PS3 version if you are running your audio out via optical/digital instead of HDMI.

Screen tearing bothers some people more than others.