Amazon Year End Video Game Deals

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#241 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

Some of the USPS mail from those 3 weeks included heart meds.

No joke, I was pretty ticked... but I'm 90% sure it's our upstairs neighbor who took it in while she was moving in and decided to keep it. Real winners, imo.

At any rate. It could be a lot worse, some guy in the apartment complex had a 50 inch TELEVISION delivered by UPS from HSN and the front office gave it to the >>>>>>>wrong person<<<<< Gave it to apartment 611 instead of 1611. He was PISSED, moreso than I ever would have been over a game. I guess HSN showed delivered and said it wasn't their problem.

why didn't he go to 611 and kick open the door?

#242 Moradeth

Moradeth

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

Some of the USPS mail from those 3 weeks included heart meds.

No joke, I was pretty ticked... but I'm 90% sure it's our upstairs neighbor who took it in while she was moving in and decided to keep it. Real winners, imo.

At any rate. It could be a lot worse, some guy in the apartment complex had a 50 inch TELEVISION delivered by UPS from HSN and the front office gave it to the >>>>>>>wrong person<<<<< Gave it to apartment 611 instead of 1611. He was PISSED, moreso than I ever would have been over a game. I guess HSN showed delivered and said it wasn't their problem.

Wow that's insane, I'd kick down the front door to the office...

For your problem... guessing it was one of the holiday UPS guys, I have a bunch of friends who work at UPS and I hear they get a ton of flack for screw ups on their route, very easily a firing offense unless it's the holidays... then they hire just about anybody who can drive.

#243 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:50 PM

^^I had a great time with Enslaved on the ps3. didn't notice anything too bad. it's been over a month since i last played and am trying to remember any slow down/screen tearing, and nothing comes to mind. get this game either way.

Same here. I really liked it.

#244 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

I played the demo of Enslaved again for PS3 few days ago, and the slowdown is MUCH more noticeable if you're running it in SD then HD.

#245 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

UPS has a very strict policy on their employees.... 1 screw up and they're gone... they even get timed on their delivery routes..

Wow that's insane, I'd kick down the front door to the office...

For your problem... guessing it was one of the holiday UPS guys, I have a bunch of friends who work at UPS and I hear they get a ton of flack for screw ups on their route, very easily a firing offense unless it's the holidays... then they hire just about anybody who can drive.

#246 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

UPS has a very strict policy on their employees.... 1 screw up and they're gone... they even get timed on their delivery routes..

They have it timed on how long it takes them to shutoff engine, pull keys, unbuckle belt, stand up, unlock bulk door, get package to deliver, lock back up, grab their computers, hold on hand rail as they exit truck, and average distance they should travel on foot per second. Seriously.

#247 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

why didn't he go to 611 and kick open the door?

Either that or call the cops, or threaten, there is no reason he should just go home and say "oh well, guess I'll watch my old TV" and just deal with it.

#248 Midnighthawk

Midnighthawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

UPS lost my package of Castlevania CE and SWTFU 2 CE, well delivered it to the wrong person while I was IN my apartment. They didnt even have somebody sign for it, just says delivered to "woman" in their record. I think they delivered it to the thieving neighbors who pretended to not know what I was talking about when asked. So annoying when people don't properly do their jobs, even worse when I had to deal with 3 weeks of lost mail (all of it, not just some of it) from usps just last month

That happened to me with my wireless keyboard. It was signed by "front porch." I called UPS customer service and asked them if they had the information of the driver or the warehouse that it came from. "Nope, we don't carry that information on our computers." Then what the hell good are you for? Ugh. I loathe UPS now.

#249 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:55 PM

Ugh. I loathe UPS now.

They've got their ups and downs.

#250 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:35 AM

They've got their ups and downs.

Posted Image

#251 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

Are these deals gone now? :( sad face

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#252 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:49 PM

Deal was dead yesterday.

#253 HunteR7411

HunteR7411

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

Are these deals gone now? :( sad face

Hence "end of year" sale. ;)

#254 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

Yep, need to move this thread to the deals graveyard.
Spoiler

#255 kampretkampret

kampretkampret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

I believe you.. I was interviewing with them for an internship position.. my main duties were to follow the drivers around and time them on the things you mentioned...

They have it timed on how long it takes them to shutoff engine, pull keys, unbuckle belt, stand up, unlock bulk door, get package to deliver, lock back up, grab their computers, hold on hand rail as they exit truck, and average distance they should travel on foot per second. Seriously.

#256 chiat

chiat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:20 AM

Picked up Enslaved and Naruto when they were on sale. I am 10 hours in Naruto and I enjoy it more than I thought I would.

#257 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

That is seriously fucked up. But it does explain why the drivers here used to do the ninja routine when dropping off packages.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#258 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

UPS does micro mange everything but it's not that bad, even though some of the routes don't have a good time study.

#259 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

I don't doubt it. I applied there a while back and they called me in for a tour of the facilities and just the tour was "here's where you'll move x amount of packages in your shift and if you don't meet the quota, you'll be released instantly without so much as a probation period to get you started." I mean, I understand the concept of a quota but damn, they're not messing around.

#260 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:17 AM

I don't doubt it. I applied there a while back and they called me in for a tour of the facilities and just the tour was "here's where you'll move x amount of packages in your shift and if you don't meet the quota, you'll be released instantly without so much as a probation period to get you started." I mean, I understand the concept of a quota but damn, they're not messing around.

You should see their standards for when you're working in one of their accounts receivable offices.:roll: I worked for them for two long agonizing weeks about 3-4 years ago and while I can understand requiring a certain dress code to appear professional I took offense to them demanding how my facial hair could only be trimmed.:bomb:

Apparently company policy is such that you're only allowed a 'mustache which does not go below your top lip'. I was tempted to trim it into a Hitler mustache in protest for those two weeks. I could understand if someone came in with spiked hair in 10 different colors that's 6 inches long and sprayed so rigid with hair spray you could hurt/kill someone if you hit them with it or if you had a long scraggly beard or something, but to DEMAND you take away part of what makes you you to cater to them was over the line to me.

I was glad when the two weeks were over and they no longer needed me. Of course I was also glad to get outta there because the one co-worker was a woman who chain smoked and would cough every 20 minutes for 5-10 minutes and it just sounded nasty.:puke:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image