Wired, Wikileaks, Bradley Manning

Wired's response is childish enough that it seems more like vs forum material than a reasoned rebuttal from seasoned journalists. They're obfuscating the issue by making it about Glenn Greenwald (and certainly being the far more sophomoric of the two parties in terms of name-calling and invective) - and ignoring the issue of journalistic integrity and responsibility.

Quite simply, Greenwald raised excellent questions and Wired refuses to acknowledge them. This wasn't about "sides" until Wired stood next to Poulsen and dug in their heels, refusing to do what journalists are supposed to do.

I don't have the time to read those posts now, yet I do feel like sharing that I think a free press is one of the most important tenets of a free democracy, and I absolutely hate censorship of any kind.

Let us censor ourselves by changing the channel or not reading a journal, or by simply thinking "bollocks" and not beleiveing the info.

I guess the issue is that this guy leaked some info to wikileaks about how the army killed some civilians. I understand the need for military solidarity but IMO this whistleblower should be lauded for his courage and honor, not discraced/imprisoned/dishonroably discharged or whatever.

It is a terrible shame, here we have war crimes documented on video and yet the US treats these perpetrators as heroes. Are any of them in jail or locked up and tortured? No, they're free to go home and live in comfort everyday because they've served our nation's interests.

Holy crap, this whole thing seems filled with self-important people, making sure those in their industry think they are more important than the other guy. It's one step below student government at any major University.

More like a US gov't trying to save their own ass.....

If any other country did this, I could swear WAR CRIME charges would of been brought, especially when those jokers were actually laughing and ok when they shot down innocent reporters.

Should their be conspiracy and tampering with evidence charges levied against the Army and the US gov't ? I could swear what they did is illegal and it fits exactly what conspiracy and evidence tampering to a tee

bread's done
Back