Photo
- - - - -

Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#31 Rave Child

Rave Child

Castanets!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:13 AM

Uh oh, time to start soft resetting my other event Pokes for good natures/IVs to free up my wonder cards. Thanks OP!
My Guide Trade List

Follow me on Twitter!

I am looking for the following items and will pay good money for them:
Suikoden II jewel case and manual:hot::hot::hot::hot:

Posted Image

#32 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

Stupid question: Also, does having caught the three legendaries in game (SS or HG) affect your eligibility to get the other three? I would think not, but then again they do make it a pain in the ass to get some of these special pokemon

#33 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

No, event Pokemon have no bearing on whatever you've caught in-game.

#34 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

i'm 26...I'll wear my Pikachu hat ;) hahaha

be proud!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#35 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:46 AM

In what way is this a video game deal? Please enlighten me =\

#36 folkie_1

folkie_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:50 AM

Free Pokemon?

As someone pointed out, it could be considered as a type of DLC I suppose.
Church Bat and the Chapel Rats

#37 Brandonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Brandonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:07 AM

couldnt you just start a new game again and again and get a LOT of legendaries? it says you need to have the pokedex and nothing more.

#38 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

couldnt you just start a new game again and again and get a LOT of legendaries? it says you need to have the pokedex and nothing more.

Of course.

#39 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

In what way is this a video game deal? Please enlighten me =\

We don't live to enlighten you.

#40 Thedrknss48

Thedrknss48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

I just got Heart Gold from Best Buy, so I can get these! Never done any of these events. So what's the options in the game that we need to press to download these pokemon?!

#41 DoubleJG

DoubleJG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Uh oh, time to start soft resetting my other event Pokes for good natures/IVs to free up my wonder cards. Thanks OP!

My thoughts exactly. I have 3 event pokés on 3 different versions that I need to go through.

For the record, I don't download them in my car due to embarrasment. I do it that way to save time. I was at the Pokémon Championships in San Diego for 2009(?) and carried my DS with pride. 8-)

Posted Image

#42 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

I just got Heart Gold from Best Buy, so I can get these! Never done any of these events. So what's the options in the game that we need to press to download these pokemon?!

It gives step-by-step picture instructions on the first site. Look at it.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#43 supermodestmouse

supermodestmouse

Gotta Catch Em All!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

My thoughts exactly. I have 3 event pokés on 3 different versions that I need to go through.

For the record, I don't download them in my car due to embarrasment. I do it that way to save time. I was at the Pokémon Championships in San Diego for 2009(?) and carried my DS with pride. 8-)

there was a pokemon championship?!?!?!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=224637

smiles are free, don't be stingy :lol:

#44 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

So, the thing with having no more than two tickets, or something, does that mean you can only download 2 of them to a particular game save?
Posted Image

#45 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:27 PM

So, the thing with having no more than two tickets, or something, does that mean you can only download 2 of them to a particular game save?

I believe you can only have 3 Wonder Cards at a time, and each downloaded Pokemon comes with a Wonder Card. After you pick up your Pokemon from the postman, save and restart your game. You can then go in and delete the card to make room for more without losing your newly acquired Pokemon.

I can never manage to get the signal from my truck, which is unfortunate since I have 4 different copies to download to :lol:

Edit: By restart, I mean turn the game off and back on, not start a new save.

Edited by PR Mega X, 29 December 2010 - 02:14 PM.

#46 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

I believe you can only have 3 Wonder Cards at a time, and each downloaded Pokemon comes with a Wonder Card. After you pick up your Pokemon from the postman, save and restart your game. You can then go in and delete the card to make room for more without losing your newly acquired Pokemon.

I can never manage to get the signal from my truck, which is unfortunate since I have 4 different copies to download to :lol:

it actually deletes your pokemon? wtf. i dont think any other company has pulled anything like that in their DLC (even free) in the history of forever before.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#47 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

it actually deletes your pokemon? wtf. i dont think any other company has pulled anything like that in their DLC (even free) in the history of forever before.

No, it doesn't delete your Pokemon. As long as you pick it up from the postman, its yours. The Wonder Card can be deleted without affecting anything in game.

#48 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Whats the purpose of Wonder cards?

#49 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

Whats the purpose of Wonder cards?

They just provide a bit of info on the Mystery Gifts you receive, like Pokemon or special items. I believe its the info that pops up once your download is completed.

#50 Hell Monkey

Hell Monkey

Social Link MAX!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Guess I'll dig out Platinum and my daughters copy of Diamond. (we had Pearl but my niece stole it and my wife won't let me accuse her..after all they would never do that...bah!)

#51 Zeldafanatic15

Zeldafanatic15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

I've got the Japanese Shiny dogs, but whats so special about Ash's Pikachu?

#52 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

well, looks like im firing diamond up

596772.png

#53 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

I'm 22, my wife's 23, and you can bet your socks we'll both be there.

Glad to see a fellow couple doing the same.

Also, I think it's worth nothing that shiny beasts are required to unlock Zoroark.

#54 adamical

adamical

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'm going. I'll be one of the embarrassed ones sitting in the parking lot.

#55 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:19 PM

Do we need all 3 beasts to get Zoroark? Sadly my college does not have a Gamestop nearby for the last beast.

fs_overall.png

#56 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Wondercards are the virtual mechanism by which u get the downloads--its essentially a download file slot. Once you pick up your Pokemon from the Pokemon Center, the Wonder card is of no value--and it has no use or "collectability" within the game. You can have no more than 3 cards. In order to DL a new Pokemon, you will have to delete one of the previous wondercards to make room.

Its sort of like the poop a Pokemon leaves in the Pokeball after you set him free. You need to clean out the poop before you put the next Pokemon in.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#57 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

Do we need all 3 beasts to get Zoroark? Sadly my college does not have a Gamestop nearby for the last beast.

Going by Bulbapedia, it looks like you just need one of them:

http://bulbapedia.bu...et/wiki/Zoroark

#58 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

Wondercards are the virtual mechanism by which u get the downloads--its essentially a download file slot. Once you pick up your Pokemon from the Pokemon Center, the Wonder card is of no value--and it has no use or "collectability" within the game. You can have no more than 3 cards. In order to DL a new Pokemon, you will have to delete one of the previous wondercards to make room.

Its sort of like the poop a Pokemon leaves in the Pokeball after you set him free. You need to clean out the poop before you put the next Pokemon in.

Technically a Wonder Card can be tagged to be shared with friends locally, but I'm not sure they've actually ever used that feature of them

#59 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Technically a Wonder Card can be tagged to be shared with friends locally, but I'm not sure they've actually ever used that feature of them

That was done once and only in Japan with the Rotom key item distribution for Platinum.

whats so special about Ash's Pikachu?

Nothing. It's trade fodder.

#60 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:23 PM

Nothing. It's trade fodder.

Any Pikachu/Pichu/Raichu with volt tackle is useful
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)