Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Free shiny versions of the three Pokemon (also with special moves) will be available in the new year at GameStop. Raikou from Jan 3-9, Entei from Jan 17-23, and Suicune from Jan 31-Feb 6. In addition, Toys R Us will be distributing Ash's Pikachu from Jan 30-Feb 13. Then, GameStop will again be offering another download (non-shiny Celebi) from Feb 21-March 6.

Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC.

Via Nintendo WiFi connection (yay for not having to go to a store), the first DLC for Pokemon Black & White will be made available in the form of the new psychic & fire type Pokemon, Victini. You will not be able to download Victini directly. It will be an item called a "Liberty Pass" that you'll be able to download via Nintendo WiFi connection, and this item will eventually trigger the unlocking of Victini in the game. The Liberty Pass will be available for download from March 6th-April 10th.

Beasts: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/

Ash's Pikachu: http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4311963

Celebi: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/celebi/

Victini: http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/pokemon/special-encounters/

Also, something to note for those who plan on transfering:

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokeshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/blackwhite/transfermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DrDollars']Would Pokemon Pearl be able to download this?[/QUOTE]

Both sites say the downloads are compatible with Diamond, Pearl, platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Alright, I feel like a tool, I just saw the first link loading up and figured it was some lame promo video and was being impatient. Thanks for helping anyway guys.

I love pokemon but I would be way too embaressed going to gamestop to get shinies being the only 20 year old guy still playing pokemon.

[quote name='realskillz']I love pokemon but I would be way too embaressed going to gamestop to get shinies being the only 20 year old guy still playing pokemon.[/QUOTE]

i just park in the parking lot and am able to pick up the wifi signal... so YMMV on not needing to go into the store...

[quote name='realskillz']I love pokemon but I would be way too embaressed going to gamestop to get shinies being the only 20 year old guy still playing pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, I work there and still would be too embarrassed to do this.

I am 26 & will definitely be taking my DS ot GS & TRU for these. Wonder how far along in the game you have to be. I never got around to finishing Gold or Silver.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']i just park in the parking lot and am able to pick up the wifi signal... so YMMV on not needing to go into the store...[/QUOTE]

I do the same ;)

[quote name='Gertle627']Wonder how far along in the game you have to be. I never got around to finishing Gold or Silver.[/QUOTE]
According to the site, you just need to have gotten the pokedex.

[quote name='celegus']I'm 22, my wife's 23, and you can bet your socks we'll both be there.[/QUOTE]
Getting pussy is like, +15 cool points, man. While downloading pokemon at Gamestop is -10. You still come out ahead!

[quote name='Nintendokid54']i just park in the parking lot and am able to pick up the wifi signal... so YMMV on not needing to go into the store...[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. Definitely going to try this once it's available. Also Thanks OP for the heads up.

[quote name='celegus']I'm 22, my wife's 23, and you can bet your socks we'll both be there.[/QUOTE]

That's the spirit! Enough of this "embarrassed to enjoy a video game" nonsense.

Also, you'll need one of the three Shiny legendaries in order to access/fight a legendary in Black and White. I think that's probably the most important part of the promo that somehow hasn't been mentioned yet...

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Getting pussy is like, +15 cool points, man. While downloading pokemon at Gamestop is -10. You still come out ahead![/QUOTE]

why are you in this thread?

I'm 23 and I'm going to try to make it and get these. I've never gone to get an event Pokemon before, but kicked myself when I missed a Mew event earlier this year.

I'll do it with both my Diamond and SoulSilver game. I just started the SS one, so I don't have much going on in that one yet.

Also, posting to subscribe as a reminder.

Stupid question: Also, does having caught the three legendaries in game (SS or HG) affect your eligibility to get the other three? I would think not, but then again they do make it a pain in the ass to get some of these special pokemon

[quote name='Brandonnnnnnnnnnnnnn']couldnt you just start a new game again and again and get a LOT of legendaries? it says you need to have the pokedex and nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Of course.

I just got Heart Gold from Best Buy, so I can get these! Never done any of these events. So what's the options in the game that we need to press to download these pokemon?!

[quote name='Rave Child']Uh oh, time to start soft resetting my other event Pokes for good natures/IVs to free up my wonder cards. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. I have 3 event pokés on 3 different versions that I need to go through.

For the record, I don't download them in my car due to embarrasment. I do it that way to save time. I was at the Pokémon Championships in San Diego for 2009(?) and carried my DS with pride. :cool:

[quote name='Thedrknss48']I just got Heart Gold from Best Buy, so I can get these! Never done any of these events. So what's the options in the game that we need to press to download these pokemon?![/QUOTE]
It gives step-by-step picture instructions on the first site. Look at it.

[quote name='DoubleJG']My thoughts exactly. I have 3 event pokés on 3 different versions that I need to go through.

For the record, I don't download them in my car due to embarrasment. I do it that way to save time. I was at the Pokémon Championships in San Diego for 2009(?) and carried my DS with pride. :cool:[/QUOTE]

there was a pokemon championship?!?!?!

So, the thing with having no more than two tickets, or something, does that mean you can only download 2 of them to a particular game save?

[quote name='Maskim']So, the thing with having no more than two tickets, or something, does that mean you can only download 2 of them to a particular game save?[/QUOTE]

I believe you can only have 3 Wonder Cards at a time, and each downloaded Pokemon comes with a Wonder Card. After you pick up your Pokemon from the postman, save and restart your game. You can then go in and delete the card to make room for more without losing your newly acquired Pokemon.

I can never manage to get the signal from my truck, which is unfortunate since I have 4 different copies to download to :lol:

Edit: By restart, I mean turn the game off and back on, not start a new save.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PR Mega X']I believe you can only have 3 Wonder Cards at a time, and each downloaded Pokemon comes with a Wonder Card. After you pick up your Pokemon from the postman, save and restart your game. You can then go in and delete the card to make room for more without losing your newly acquired Pokemon.

I can never manage to get the signal from my truck, which is unfortunate since I have 4 different copies to download to :lol:[/QUOTE]

it actually deletes your pokemon? wtf. i dont think any other company has pulled anything like that in their DLC (even free) in the history of forever before.

[quote name='Drclaw411']it actually deletes your pokemon? wtf. i dont think any other company has pulled anything like that in their DLC (even free) in the history of forever before.[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't delete your Pokemon. As long as you pick it up from the postman, its yours. The Wonder Card can be deleted without affecting anything in game.

[quote name='joshnorm']Whats the purpose of Wonder cards?[/QUOTE]

They just provide a bit of info on the Mystery Gifts you receive, like Pokemon or special items. I believe its the info that pops up once your download is completed.

bread's done
Back