Photo
- - - - -

Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#661 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:18 AM

to those lusting over k-mart's deal, if you ever plan to spend $20 in the future on amazon, their deal is definitely better...
k-mart - $52.49 + tax
amazon - $49.98 (factoring future $20 coupons)

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#662 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

If you are still monitoring this, you should edit the OP to include the following:

There are two methods to migrate Pokemon from Diamond, Peal, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver to Black and White: The PokeTransfer (http://serebii.net/b...keshifter.shtml) and the Transfer Machine (http://serebii.net/b...ermachine.shtml). The PokeTransfer is use to migrate all of your regular Pokemon to Black and White and is accessible only after completing the game. The Transfer Machine is used for migrating the Event Pokemon Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi and is available only after telling a special phrase to a character in Castelia City.

If you transfer the Event Rikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokeTransfer they will NOT unlock the Zorua and Zoroark Events.

Feel free to edit this however you see fit, assuming you see this at all.

updated, thanks!
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#663 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:04 AM

Hmm, say I purchase Pokemon White on Amazon with this bonus and hold it until I get my 3DS on March 27th, will I still be able to download it and catch it?

#664 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:19 AM

to those lusting over k-mart's deal, if you ever plan to spend $20 in the future on amazon, their deal is definitely better...
k-mart - $52.49 + tax
amazon - $49.98 (factoring future $20 coupons)

Kmart is $52.49 + tax, and Amazon is $69.98 and you get $20 in credit.

It's apples and oranges. Amazon isn't $50, it's $70 and you get $20 in credit to use on their stuff. Kmart is a straight up ~$56. Plus, a lot of people here have Kmart points that drops the price even more.

I see Amazon credit as cash, since I shop at Amazon a LOT, but I think it's just going to depend on personal preference of saving now or savings later.

*** I am in no way affiliated with Sears Holding Corporation or Kmart. I just apparently play a Kmart CSR in the KmartGamer CAG thread. ***

If you have a problem with me, PM me so I can ignore it.

#665 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:52 AM

Hmm, say I purchase Pokemon White on Amazon with this bonus and hold it until I get my 3DS on March 27th, will I still be able to download it and catch it?

For Celebi your SOL
For Victini it should be good till April 10th.

#666 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:52 AM

updated, thanks!

You're welcome.

I was perusing serebii, which is something I actually only rarely do, and noticed it. So I came right here and posted it, since I figured if I didn't then this thread would be filled with people using the wrong transfer method and being very upset. Now the only problem I can see people having is figuring out which one is which. PokeTransfer and Transfer Machine. I liked it better when it was called the PokeShifter (as the link still identifies it) but I guess someone at Nintendo thought it would be a great idea to just confuse the hell out of everybody even more. Not only are there two distinct transfer methods, but they sound almost the same!

I would've posted the phrase too, but I couldn't translate the Japanese. All I understood was the first word, "minna". It of course has multiple ways to translate it into some form of "everyone", but if it's just like the past phase, it likely translates into "Let's".

I know, no help at all there. Plus, I'm sure someone on the internet already knows the phrase.

P.S.: Ahh! I just noticed in your quoting me that I put "use" instead of "used" in one sentence and now it looks like I don't know proper grammer. :-(

--- I am the Thievius Cagcoonus.
---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

--- California Minimum Wage: $9/hr (July 2014), $10/hr (January 2016)

#667 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

I was perusing serebii, which is something I actually only rarely do, and noticed it. So I came right here and posted it, since I figured if I didn't then this thread would be filled with people using the wrong transfer method and being very upset. Now the only problem I can see people having is figuring out which one is which. PokeTransfer and Transfer Machine. I liked it better when it was called the PokeShifter (as the link still identifies it) but I guess someone at Nintendo thought it would be a great idea to just confuse the hell out of everybody even more. Not only are there two distinct transfer methods, but they sound almost the same!

PokeShifter and Transfer Machine are the literal translations from the Japanese versions. In the English localizations, the PokeShifter became Poke Transfer and the Transfer Machine became the Relocator.

http://bulbapedia.bu...i/Poké_Transfer
http://bulbapedia.bu.../wiki/Relocator

#668 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

PokeShifter and Transfer Machine are the literal translations from the Japanese versions. In the English localizations, the PokeShifter became Poke Transfer and the Transfer Machine became the Relocator.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Transfer
http://bulbapedia.bu.../wiki/Relocator

Hmm.

I didn't know about the name change to Relocator. Much easier on the brain. The links to serebii I posted had the name change to Poke Transfer, but not the name change to Relocator. Considering how soon the games are releasing I would've thought the info there would've been pretty much final by now. But then again, I guess this would be the part that falls into "pretty much".

***EDIT***
Phrase: Everyone Happy Simple Connection

Not as nice a phrase as before, in my opinion.

---What the hell happened there!  I started writing a serious post and suddenly I became an infomercial!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- US Government To Tackle Patent Trolls (whenever they get around to it).  Write your Senators and Congressmen (to make them get it done).

#669 Raccoon2117

Raccoon2117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

I have been trying to understand the PokeTransfer, but for the life of me, I don't get it.

My biggest confusion: is it local DS connection only, or could I do the transfer with someone halfway across the country?

#670 a_dirty_Shisno

a_dirty_Shisno

Thievius Cagcoonus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

I have been trying to understand the PokeTransfer, but for the life of me, I don't get it.

My biggest confusion: is it local DS connection only, or could I do the transfer with someone halfway across the country?

Local.

DS to DS. It does not connect to the internet.

#671 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:32 AM

One of you guys mentioned you had just downloaded Suicine from the WFC, and the op says:

"Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC."

But I just tried mystery gift over NWFC in HeartGold, and it said there were no gifts available. Are they still in fact distributing the beasts over NWFC?

#672 razgriz417

razgriz417

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:50 AM

One of you guys mentioned you had just downloaded Suicine from the WFC, and the op says:

"Celebi can also be had at the Pokemon Mall Tour, and the Legendary Beasts are currently being redistributed over NWFC."

But I just tried mystery gift over NWFC in HeartGold, and it said there were no gifts available. Are they still in fact distributing the beasts over NWFC?

That just ended I believe, they were distributing the beasts over NWFC for all through January and Feburary

#673 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

yah beasts were the last three weeks of feb. it just ended on sunday.

#674 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

Got celebi from GS today. I thought I had all of the legendary dogs but apparently I missed raikou :(

Smash 3DS 5284-1575-8564

#675 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

I'm assuming Celebi will be distributed via WFC like the dogs were.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#676 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:03 AM

I'm assuming Celebi will be distributed via WFC like the dogs were.

It's not. Or at least there are no plans to atm.

The only reason we're able to obtain the legendary beasts over WFC is because that was its distribution method in Europe and we could access that State-side.

Right now, Celebi isn't being distributed in the States over WFC. Just the Mall Tour and Gamestop. And in Europe, it's not over WFC either, just through store front locations like Toys-R-Us and Gamestop.

Available from: February 1st 2011 to March 4th 2011
Available at: GAME - Spain & Portugal (01/02 - 03/03)
Spaceworld - Norway (14/02 - 04/03)
Gamestop & Toys 'R' Us - Denmark (14/02 - 04/03)
Black & White Tour - Germany (14/02 - 27/02)
Shareable?: No

Unless you plan on trading with other people for theirs (or a cloned one >_>), don't miss the Celebi at Gamestop.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#677 unopepito06

unopepito06

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

It sucks I missed the dogs. Thanks though, guys. :)