Photo
- - - - -

Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#61 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hey dumbo.

This is the DEALS forum
Not the FREEBIES forum.

Take it somewhere else.

Free stuff gets posted on this board all the time, newbie. No need to hate.

EDIT - Looking at your post history, you might not want to tell others what you deem to be correct behavior when you brag about deal fraud and abuse all the time. Just a thought.

Edited by Camwi, 30 December 2010 - 06:30 PM.

#62 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

haven't started playing HG / SS yet, but saving for future reference...

#63 Maskim

Maskim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

I believe you can only have 3 Wonder Cards at a time, and each downloaded Pokemon comes with a Wonder Card. After you pick up your Pokemon from the postman, save and restart your game. You can then go in and delete the card to make room for more without losing your newly acquired Pokemon.

I can never manage to get the signal from my truck, which is unfortunate since I have 4 different copies to download to :lol:

Edit: By restart, I mean turn the game off and back on, not start a new save.

Thanks a bunch for the info and clearing that up. :)
Posted Image

#64 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:47 AM

Do all gamestops participate in this or is there any way for me to find out which gamestops will have this?

#65 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

Do all gamestops participate in this or is there any way for me to find out which gamestops will have this?

I've been to a few different ones for Pokémon events before and they've all participated. You could probably just call your local store to check.

#66 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hey dumbo.

This is the DEALS forum
Not the FREEBIES forum.

Take it somewhere else.

Most of these events do actually belong in the DS/GBA forum rather than the deals section. He's got a point. Didn't have to be a jerk about it though.

#67 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

Reminder: Raikou tomorrow
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#68 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

One has to wonder, if Nintendo is willing to do DLC for it's Pokemon handheld games (for free, no less) on a consistant basis...why the hell do we see so few 1st party Wii games get DLC? I'd be more than happy to purchase a few more characters or stages for Smash Bros Brawl.

#69 mogamer

mogamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

One has to wonder, if Nintendo is willing to do DLC for it's Pokemon handheld games (for free, no less) on a consistant basis...why the hell do we see so few 1st party Wii games get DLC? I'd be more than happy to purchase a few more characters or stages for Smash Bros Brawl.

You should be thankful for this. This generation has been pathetic for the "nickel and diming" of gamers. I don't consider all dlc bad, it's just that too much crap is being pushed this way (and sadly P.T. Barnum was right).

Anyway, my local Gamestop always has the Pokemon downloads, so I'll start right in tomorrow.

#70 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

You should be thankful for this. This generation has been pathetic for the "nickel and diming" of gamers. I don't consider all dlc bad, it's just that too much crap is being pushed this way (and sadly P.T. Barnum was right).

Anyway, my local Gamestop always has the Pokemon downloads, so I'll start right in tomorrow.

I definitley AM thankful for this. Free DLC is always win. I'm just saying id like to see a little more DLC in general from Nintendo for their Wii games.

#71 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

I would go..
But there is too many black people around the Gamestop in Newark ;_;
..Ghetto black people

Spoiler

#72 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:28 PM

there was a pokemon championship?!?!?!

Hell yeah there was!
Do you meet the requirements?

Posted Image

#73 pishowda

pishowda

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:40 PM

not sure if it is true, or has been mentioned, but the guy at my gamestop told me you have to reserve the new games there before you can download the three.

Considering that when they gave pokes away last year all you had to do was walk in and do mystery gift, I don't really think this is true.

#74 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

not sure if it is true, or has been mentioned, but the guy at my gamestop told me you have to reserve the new games there before you can download the three.

Considering that when they gave pokes away last year all you had to do was walk in and do mystery gift, I don't really think this is true.

Not true at all. Guy was trying to get a preorder out of you.

#75 CaptainPickles

CaptainPickles

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

How do we know if our gamestop is participating?

#76 pishowda

pishowda

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

How do we know if our gamestop is participating?

mine had a huge poster on the front door

#77 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Since Raikou is tomorrow, I wonder if I'll bring all four carts the family has in total...

Batsugunner.png

#78 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but there will also be a free Celebi download event at gamestop from Feb 27 to March 7. Downloading it, then transfering it to either Black or White will net you the new Pokémon Zorua. It's the only way to get it.

http://www.ripten.co...top-justin6464/

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#79 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Have they done any more of the polke walker events? I missed the last one, victory road I believe it was.

#80 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but there will also be a free Celebi download event at gamestop from Feb 27 to March 7. Downloading it, then transfering it to either Black or White will net you the new Pokémon Zorua. It's the only way to get it.

http://www.ripten.co...top-justin6464/

thanks, OP updated

#81 kearns710

kearns710

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

how long does it take to obtain the pokedex in heart gold? i just got it yesterday with the pokewalker and havnt opened it yet

#82 Chris249942

Chris249942

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

how long does it take to obtain the pokedex in heart gold? i just got it yesterday with the pokewalker and havnt opened it yet

If you've never played gold/silver probably about 15minutes. Shorter or longer depending on how much you want to explore before getting it(which basically should be zero, since you're going to have to walk back the same way you went to get the pokedex, and before having it you can't catch any pokemon).

#83 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

I don't want to be an ass, but I got a buddy whose got an R4 and he's been asking me if he can download them on it. He never tried wifi before because he didn't care to, but now he wants this.

Anyone know if you can connect online with a R4 and rom and get these?
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#84 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

I don't want to be an ass, but I got a buddy whose got an R4 and he's been asking me if he can download them on it. He never tried wifi before because he didn't care to, but now he wants this.

Anyone know if you can connect online with a R4 and rom and get these?

This isn't an online event.

#85 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

So you can connect to the wifi and get it then?

Actually hell, could I just trade him ones I get? I can just go back next day and get another, right?
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#86 jeremiahkd

jeremiahkd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

I read the promo, but i didnt see a list of participating stores...is there one?
Posted Image

#87 DietPoopSoda

DietPoopSoda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I read the promo, but i didnt see a list of participating stores...is there one?

This is what I want to know, as well.

#88 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

There's never a list. If you're unsure, just phone ahead.

#89 Chris249942

Chris249942

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:45 PM

So you can connect to the wifi and get it then?

Actually hell, could I just trade him ones I get? I can just go back next day and get another, right?

No, you can only download them once per game save, at least not without resetting your game. So i guess you could, but you'd have to start over.

#90 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

If you want multiple, you're going to need a spare cart to continuously receive, trade, and starting a new game.