Photo
- - - - -

Download Shiny Beasts, Celebi at GameStop, Ash's Pikachu @ Toys R Us, Victini via WFC

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#91 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but there will also be a free Celebi download event at gamestop from Feb 27 to March 7. Downloading it, then transfering it to either Black or White will net you the new Pokémon Zorua. It's the only way to get it.

http://www.ripten.co...top-justin6464/

The celebi also unlocks the HG/SS Forest event with Giovanni, in case you missed previous events for it.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#92 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

I don't want to be an ass, but I got a buddy whose got an R4 and he's been asking me if he can download them on it. He never tried wifi before because he didn't care to, but now he wants this.

Anyone know if you can connect online with a R4 and rom and get these?

if you have an R4 you can go online on games usually, but these aren't online.

If your buddy has an R4 you can load up the ROM for these (the actual cart that GS are getting has been ripped already) and get them by setting your DS clock forward. I've already done it.

#93 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

I've never done this before, not sure if it's been explained before in this thread but can someone explain to me how this works? Like, where do I have to go in the game to be able to download these from gamestop's wifi?

*EDIT*

Nvm, it says how on the first link given. :roll:

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#94 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:55 AM

Have they done any more of the polke walker events? I missed the last one, victory road I believe it was.

Nope. I'm not getting my hopes up for receiving the final WiFi only routes either. I guess we should take what we can get.

#95 ryheeles

ryheeles

No days off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:56 AM

Man, I would have been all over that sale at Best Buy for HeartGold if I'd seen this. Now I'm debating if it's worth getting back into Pokemon when I'd have to pay full price for this and Black/White in just a couple months...

#96 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

If your buddy has an R4, just have him get the distrobution cart that's been leaked already and use that to send the Pokemon to people. You can still keep your dignity.
Posted Image

#97 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

If your buddy has an R4, just have him get the distrobution cart that's been leaked already and use that to send the Pokemon to people. You can still keep your dignity.

Only douchenozzles do this.

#98 Monroeski

Monroeski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

I love pokemon but I would be way too embaressed going to gamestop to get shinies being the only 20 year old guy still playing pokemon.

I don't care about what Gamestop employees think nearly enough to stop me from doing this.

I haven't even played the games in forever but I still like to get the event Pokemon.

#99 battra92

battra92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

I don't care about what Gamestop employees think nearly enough to stop me from doing this.

I haven't even played the games in forever but I still like to get the event Pokemon.

Hear Hear! Really, the people working at Gamestop probably got them first thing too. Why would they care?

#100 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Hear Hear! Really, the people working at Gamestop probably got them first thing too. Why would they care?

You can also just do it from the parking lot their routers reach pretty far.

#101 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Oh, pretty cool. I haven't finished HeartGold yet (or rather, I stopped after the 8th badge in the first world/area).

#102 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Might have to go to Gamestop today. wish I still had my other pokemon games.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#103 Ray5555

Ray5555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

I got it first thing, although they did have some trouble in the end I got my pokemon

#104 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

Got mine this morning, the first GS I went to didnt have it yet since the Nintendo rep still needed to show up. The second store had it though, thanks again Drclaw

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#105 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

You can also just do it from the parking lot their routers reach pretty far.

Actually, I think all it is a special cartridge inserted into a Nintendo DS. Those things have surprisingly good range though.

A year ago, someone swiped a cartridge the Pokémon community backwards engineered the software to make a program able to distribute any Pokémon over wi-fi.

I think I'll hit up a Gamestop tomorrow. I need to go through my SS game to make sure I don't have to many wonder cards and claim any Pokémon that might be waiting at the poke-shop for me.

TyranitarJr.png

#106 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

Ok I have a question for those of you that play this. My 8 year old son has all of the Pokemon games that can get the shiny Pokemon. He's begging me to take him up to GS to get each of them as they become available. If he gets it on one of his games, can he then transfer them to his other ones with a 2nd DS? My daughter has a DSI as well, so he could use hers. Or do we have to do it with each game while at Gamestop? I've never played any of the Pokemon games, so I have no clue how it works.

Thanks.
Posted Image

#107 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Holy shit... Dorks ITT.

YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#108 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

Actually, I think all it is a special cartridge inserted into a Nintendo DS. Those things have surprisingly good range though.

A year ago, someone swiped a cartridge the Pokémon community backwards engineered the software to make a program able to distribute any Pokémon over wi-fi.

I think I'll hit up a Gamestop tomorrow. I need to go through my SS game to make sure I don't have to many wonder cards and claim any Pokémon that might be waiting at the poke-shop for me.

Yep, that's all it is, a special cart in a DS.

#109 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:03 PM

Ok I have a question for those of you that play this. My 8 year old son has all of the Pokemon games that can get the shiny Pokemon. He's begging me to take him up to GS to get each of them as they become available. If he gets it on one of his games, can he then transfer them to his other ones with a 2nd DS? My daughter has a DSI as well, so he could use hers. Or do we have to do it with each game while at Gamestop? I've never played any of the Pokemon games, so I have no clue how it works.

Thanks.

Unless he understands how to do the cloning glitch properly (I think they fixed it actually) you'll have to do it on each game. But that's only IF he wants multiple copies of the same Pokemon.

#110 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

Unless he understands how to do the cloning glitch properly (I think they fixed it actually) you'll have to do it on each game. But that's only IF he wants multiple copies of the same Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure that he has never done a glitch on the games. I know that he would like to have them on all of his games. I guess I can make him choose a couple of them. I don't want to take 5 games up there, even though it doesn't take very long for each one. He's spoiled. heh.

Thanks for the info.
Posted Image

#111 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Cloning glitch? Can't he just try to breed them with a Ditto? Sorry its been a long, long time since I played

#112 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

Cloning glitch? Can't he just try to breed them with a Ditto? Sorry its been a long, long time since I played

I don't believe you can breed legendaries.

#113 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

I don't believe you can breed legendaries.

Manaphy can breed with a Ditto.

#114 weevles

weevles

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Will check my local GS later today to see if they got their cartridge yet.

#115 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:44 PM

The Celebi event will most likely run from Feb 27th to March 5th. The March 7th date circulating on the Net is because that is the date programmed into the event cartridge. The reason it will probably end earlier is because the programmed end dates for the Johto trio is 1 day later than Nintendo advertised and Pokemon Black and White release on March 6th. The B/W release is a factor because Nintendo has ended events 1 day prior to a new game release in the past (TRU Regigigas and Platinum, GAMESTP Jirachi and HG/SS). Feb 27th should be the start date, since the Celebi's trainer ID is 02271.

#116 troy2007

troy2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Somewhat off topic: I just bought a used Platinum to get more of these, and the game save has 999 master balls. Does that make the save and any pokemon caught a cheat? I'm thinking about tournaments and such. If I delete the game and start over, would it still be a hacked copy?

#117 jimijumper

jimijumper

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

I'm pretty sure that he has never done a glitch on the games. I know that he would like to have them on all of his games. I guess I can make him choose a couple of them. I don't want to take 5 games up there, even though it doesn't take very long for each one. He's spoiled. heh.

Thanks for the info.

I just got back from the GS parking lot with my kid and he got the Shiny Pokemon on 4 different cartridges...

#118 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:46 AM

Waiting for my copy of HG to come today. Then I will go get the shiny tomorrow. Will be getting them on 3 carts :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#119 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

Anyone know which stores in Chicago have it? I went to the one on 40 something and pulaski and the one on 31st and Halsted and neither had it.

#120 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

I stopped there for the move games but forgot my DS at home since i stopped by after work.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png