Photo
- - - - -

Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors $35 at Amazon.

• Please log in to reply
389 replies to this topic

#361 rcx4

rcx4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

You should get it either tomorrow or the day after.

Got mine today! Good call sir :applause:

And the watch is both heavy and awesome! I plan to wear it soon lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#362 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

Anyone else's watch arrive in "pieces"? I haven't opened it yet, but I see lots of watch links just floating around...

#363 n1c0

n1c0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Anyone else's watch arrive in "pieces"? I haven't opened it yet, but I see lots of watch links just floating around...

Open it? Considering that it's just a slip of bubble wrap it really wouldn't hurt to take a look. The watchband is several pieces of metal connected to the body by three thin plastic straps, so it may look like it's in pieces but that's what it's supposed to look like.

#364 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Aksys IS planning on restocking the game/watch combo pack soon. How soon is anyone's guess. Might as well pay $35 for the game and watch than $35 on ebay for the watch alone. ;)

$37. At least that's what they charged me for my game + watch shipped.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#365 fabricati diem

fabricati diem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

I don't think your going to get this cheap, your better off just buying the game and the watch.

I'm mostly just worried Aksys won't restock the bundle. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't know how likely it'll be.

Though I have heard it's a great game. My best friend's playing it right now and she's totally hooked.

#366 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:30 AM

got mine in today - and I can say I am totally happy with the purchase.

Can't wait to actually try the game out as well. it is going near the top of my hand-held backlog.

#367 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:38 AM

i'm mostly just worried aksys won't restock the bundle. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but i don't know how likely it'll be.

Though i have heard it's a great game. My best friend's playing it right now and she's totally hooked.

stercus accidit

#368 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

lol @ the 9th man

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#369 R0tatioNz

R0tatioNz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Wow I want this game SOOOOOOOOOO BADLY!!! But I don't know what to do!
With that $20 gift card from Livingsocial that I got I can't decide if I should use it on 999 or Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. AW isn't sold new elsewhere but my e-rewards balance is at $12 and don't know if I can get the $25 card in time...pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff :whee:

#370 Darrith

Darrith

The Lion King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

I'm mostly just worried Aksys won't restock the bundle. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I don't know how likely it'll be.

Though I have heard it's a great game. My best friend's playing it right now and she's totally hooked.

Your concerns are valid.

From the Aksys store:

The watches are now gone. :( We will have the game back up in the store soon, but it will be just the game—no bundle.

#371 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Your concerns are valid.

From the Aksys store:

The watches are now gone. :( We will have the game back up in the store soon, but it will be just the game—no bundle.

Quietly doing my "Woo hoo, so glad I got mine in time!" dance \\:D/

To those that missed out on the watch, it's still a good game even without the watch, so buy it now or wait to see if it goes on sale, but buy it and support Aksys so they will keep providing some of the most unique and coolest bonus items I've seen.

#372 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

Your concerns are valid.

From the Aksys store:

Or from an Aksys Staff Member:

We plan on restocking the bundle very soon.

Conflicting reports, eh?

#373 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

Your concerns are valid.

From the Aksys store:

Conflicting reports, eh?

Not really, because the post on the Aksys store page saying there are no more watches was just updated today. I believe the post you mentioned that they are coming back in stock was from a few days ago, so I'd say that the earlier post as been made obsolete by ( or corrected by) the newer post.

#374 Zerok

Zerok

Your face is drunk!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:21 AM

Conflicting reports, eh?

There's actually a more recent thread on their forums where an Aksys Staff Member says:

"Unfortunately, the bundles have all sold out.

We're currently waiting on our re-order of copies of 999, which should arrive early next month, but alas, we're no longer offering the bundle on our online site. Only the game. :( "

So yeah, looks like the watches are all gone now.

#375 fabricati diem

fabricati diem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

Oh gosh, now I feel horrible. :(

It looks like I'm for sure cosplaying Santa though...so if anyone does want to part with their watch, please let me know. I'd be willing to pay within reason for it, or trade some junk in exchange (I've got games/comic books...help a sister out!).

I'm super bummed. I couldn't afford the bundle when it was in stock, and now I've got the money it's gone. And just when I get my hopes up, too. Bah~

#376 Fatbot3

Fatbot3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:53 PM

I'm picking this up for 30 at Fry's today. If I can have the cool watch, at least I can save a few bucks.

#377 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Any free moment I had this past week I spent it with this game. It is 5:25am and I just got the True Ending. What an amazing experience.

My thanks go out to every one of you that peer pressured me into getting the game. Brilliant.

#378 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, I was up until 2am last night....thought I had the "True Ending" because a bunch of new info was revealed and I got the game credits, but there are still 2 more endings I haven't seen (based on the 6 pictures at the top of the save screen, the leftmost 2 pictures are still hidden).

I've been enjoying the way the game lets you form your own guesses on the background and motives of each person and then you revise your guesses as more information is revealed on each additional playthrough. However, I do get a bit tired having to solve the same puzzles over and over, but at least I finally started writing down the solutions to some of the more tedious ones (like lining up the numbered pins in the right order).

I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the endings, but hopefully I'll be able to get them fairly easily w/o having to repeat the same endings I've already gone through.

#379 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

there's a ending tree somewhere around here.

i can't attach anything though.

#380 FrogTheWarrior

FrogTheWarrior

Let's Rock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I wasn't sure I was going to dig this game. I mainly ordered it because I knew I could make my money back if I didn't get it, but I'm totally going to recommend it to all of my friends now. I'm on my third playthrough, and while solving the same puzzles again and again is perhaps a bit tedious (perhaps an option to skip through the escape section and just view any pertinent conversations that would have occurred therein would have been a good idea), the story is enthralling. Feels like Battle Royale meets Ten Little Indians.

Anyone on the fence about buying this one should take the plunge. Even at full price, it's a bargain.

sig.gif

#381 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:39 AM

there's a ending tree somewhere around here.

i can't attach anything though.

Just ask. ;)

Here's my post from the official thread in the DS forum:

http://www.cheapassg...07&postcount=21

#382 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:50 AM

I had a pdf.

Here's a jpg which is easier to read:

Spoiler

#383 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:34 AM

Gfaqs has a great walkthrough on it.

I got the coffin ending on my first playthrough.

PS

If you have questions about anything there's a great Q&A on the 999 website:

http://www.aksysgames.com/999/answers

#384 fabricati diem

fabricati diem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

I got my watch and it's TOTALLY AWESOME (super heavy) but I can't figure out how to close the clasps...is mine just broken or something?

#385 F-Zero

F-Zero

Show me your moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:23 AM

^ you know how there's those little silver clips hanging off one end? they need to sorta wrap around the bars on the otherside of the watch and then clamp into the otherside of itself (the silver clips, they fold into themselves, but you need the bar between otherwise its not gonna close the watch). It can be a bit a pain to get it in yourself if you don't have smaller hands, have someone else do it for you.

Aside from that, I finished all endings few days ago, and no doubt I lost alot of sleep playing this game.. was HOOKED! Everything good said about it was true and I'm happy I grabbed a bundle near the end of availability!

#386 DarkonJohn

DarkonJohn

Growing backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

I got my watch and it's TOTALLY AWESOME (super heavy) but I can't figure out how to close the clasps...is mine just broken or something?

One end of the strap should have two silver clasps that open up and then hook around the wire rods on the end of the other strap and the snap closed. It's a bit tricky to put it on yourself.

#387 fabricati diem

fabricati diem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

One end of the strap should have two silver clasps that open up and then hook around the wire rods on the end of the other strap and the snap closed. It's a bit tricky to put it on yourself.

Almost immediately after posting about it and having a whole mess of trouble with it, I finally managed to snap one closed.

I have super tiny hands, but the snapping process was just way too difficult for me to do. There should have been instructions on that, imho--written in the same Engrish as the rest of the instructions ("School the time" made me giggle).

I've been playing 999 after borrowing it from a friend and I'm hooked...definitely liking Santa, which is good since he was my initial favorite. I'm a total Titanic buff so this is making me really giddy. Just went through the second or third set of doors. It gets a little TL;DR at times and I absolutely abhor math (the others must think Junpei is stupid...I keep getting everything wrong) but I'm having fun so far.

#388 muffin1man

muffin1man

I love boobies.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

^ I'm sorry, but when I read "I have super tiny hands" it made me think of that old Burger King commercial where the guy couldn't eat a Whopper because his hands were too tiny :)

Glad you're enjoying the game. I have to wait until the 3DS is launched in order to play this, Ghost Trick and Okamiden.

#389 DealHunter

DealHunter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

I want Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for Nine Dollars.

That is too funny.

I hope I don't regret missing out on the limited edition watch. For some reason I get the feeling after I finish the game I will wish I got it.

#390 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

That is too funny.

I hope I don't regret missing out on the limited edition watch. For some reason I get the feeling after I finish the game I will wish I got it.

As I was playing it, I was really uneasy about having it around, lol.