Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors $35 at Amazon.

Tsnake617

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't know if it's an error or a reprint, but Amazon claims to have 999 available for $35, which beats the hell out of all the other prices I've seen online. It's not in stock yet, but it's worth a shot if you're interested in getting it. Amazon expects to get it in stock in two or three weeks. I checked it yesterday and many sellers were charging $70 and up. http://www.amazon.com/9-Hours-Persons-Doors-Nintendo-DS/dp/B003VR5PPY/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
EDIT: Just read about the difference between a visual novel and an adventure game. This is definitely an adventure game. I can't edit the tags for some reason, though.
EDIT 2: It's been requested that I point out that the aksys store has the watch bundle available online for 36.99. http://www.aksysgames.com/games/nineninenine/ It includes a watch designed to look like the bracelets worn in 999. I feel like I should point out that the Amazon version does NOT include the watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say something, but I am just speechless at the moment.

Your tag description of the game isn't even correct.

Seriously...wow man.

Plenty of them at Gamestop around me for $35. Of course, you have to deal with Gamestop, but still, I dunno if this is a "deal".

[quote name='GUNNM']oh noez the tags[/QUOTE]

damn right the tags

[quote name='keithp']Plenty of them at Gamestop around me for $35. Of course, you have to deal with Gamestop, but still, I dunno if this is a "deal".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tons of these at Gamestops around me. I think the most disappointing part was not getting the watch from the pre-order. What a let down.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']It is a reprint. :)[/QUOTE]

more like a second shipment. the game was only out last month. This is my favorite DS game of the year aside from DQ9

[quote name='Squarehard']damn right the tags

Yeah, tons of these at Gamestops around me. I think the most disappointing part was not getting the watch from the pre-order. What a let down.[/QUOTE]

The watch is actually pretty cool however would never actually wear it.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']They're going to have the clock bundle too? Will buy when they have that back in stock at their store.[/QUOTE]

Around Jan 10th.

HAHAHA...I read the first post that Amazon has 999 available & thought it was referring to how many they had in stock...ah man it's been a long day... *goes off to eat dinner & pass out*

Amazon doesn't charge your card until an order ships right?

[quote name='Squarehard']I want to say something, but I am just speechless at the moment.

Your tag description of the game isn't even correct.

Seriously...wow man.[/QUOTE]
What do you want me to call it?

[quote name='deanabrown']I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but how can you tell it is a reprint?[/QUOTE]

Employees for Aksys on NeoGaf confirmed that they needed to print more copies to keep up with the demand and that they'd be ready in early-mid January.

Only reason I haven't gotten this yet is the $35 pricetag. After being burnt by how terrible Lux-Pain was and seeing other visual novels drop so low I was hoping for a price drop on this. But it does sound interesting still... hopefully the reprint means it won't be too rare and get at least below $30.

IF YOU'RE HAVIN STOCK PROBLEMS
I FEEL BAD FOR YA SON
I GOT 999 PROBLEMS
BUT INVENTORY AINT ONEwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooord

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']Only reason I haven't gotten this yet is the $35 pricetag. After being burnt by how terrible Lux-Pain was and seeing other visual novels drop so low I was hoping for a price drop on this. But it does sound interesting still... hopefully the reprint means it won't be too rare and get at least below $30.[/QUOTE]

It's my favorite DS game ever except for the Phoenix Wright 1 & 3 (It's better than 2, Apollo, and Edgeworth though). If you liked these games, or Hotel Dusk, do yourself a favor and get this. I can PROMISE you that you will enjoy every second of the game.

I stayed up many a night till 5-7am playing this game. Granted I typically didn't start playing until midnight, as the suspense has a better impact then.

Think it's a metal watch. I'd get it if they have it back in stock. (Though just the watch though, can't see myself buying three copies of the same game no matter how good it is)

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']I stayed up many a night till 5-7am playing this game. Granted I typically didn't start playing until midnight, as the suspense has a better impact then.[/QUOTE]

Playing this game between 5 and 7 hours a night shouldn't take anyone many nights. ;)

999 was fun, but once you complete the six endings there is little to no replay value. Getting the true ending is nigh impossible without some type of guide. The game shouldn't take longer than 15 - 20 hours for all the endings.

Also, the translation came across a bit odd in some places; the cursing often felt forced.

Okay, those are my complaints. Otherwise the game was gripping, interesting, and did a fairly decent job of tying up the storyline.

Definitely a game to pick up if you have a DS.

I had a tough time finding a copy that was still sealed at Gamestop.

I finally found one about 2 weeks ago and was all set to buy it but my wife wouldn't let me pick up any games.

Turns out she had already found me a copy a few weeks before that and I got it for Christmas.

If you're still on the fence the website has a playable demo (it can be found on the link posted by Maniac Mansion)

[quote name='Strell']IF YOU'RE HAVIN STOCK PROBLEMS
I FEEL BAD FOR YA SON
I GOT 999 PROBLEMS
BUT INVENTORY AINT ONEwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooord[/QUOTE]

I hate you. I can't believe people were having trouble finding this game...

I already have the game, but wanted to toss on another recommendation for this title. Anyone sitting on the fence, or waiting for a price drop..do yourself a favor and just snag it now. It is well worth the full asking price, and who knows if/when it will see a price drop of any significance.

[quote name='strell']if you're havin stock problems
i feel bad for ya son
i got 999 problems
but inventory aint onewoooooooooooooooooooooooooooord[/quote]

lol!

Hopefully the reprint means Best Buy's rep has gotten off their ass and ordered some copies. I'd rather buy it there since I've got GCs.

After missing out not only an Amazon Quick Pick but also their $31.99 price, after some internet searching I was able to buy a copy from Buy.com for $31.99 last week. It was impossible to find it via the Buy.com search, but I was able to get to its product page via PriceGrabber (which doesn't seem to have results for the game anymore...).

The Buy.com SKU is 216756501, but they're currently sold out.

Holy cow. I hadn't even heard of this game before this thread, but I just played the demo on the aksys website and I'm sold. Definitely a purchase.

took me just under 10 days to get all the endings. good game, totally worth it. just don't buy if you hate doing a LOT of reading. thankfully the subsequent playthroughs let you skip dialogue

oh, and bobphone, it's basically an interactive choose-your-own-adventure story.

Yeah, snag this game; it's a terrific read and has great puzzles. Oh, and the watch is really cool but don't let not getting it with the game stop you.

[quote name='thelonepig']Playing this game between 5 and 7 hours a night shouldn't take anyone many nights. ;)

999 was fun, but once you complete the six endings there is little to no replay value. Getting the true ending is nigh impossible without some type of guide. The game shouldn't take longer than 15 - 20 hours for all the endings.

Also, the translation came across a bit odd in some places; the cursing often felt forced.

Okay, those are my complaints. Otherwise the game was gripping, interesting, and did a fairly decent job of tying up the storyline.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough it took me a lot longer to beat than I thought. I played through it 6 and a half times (I got sub ending twice but wanted to see what was behind door #3 on my own, and I terminated one run when I realized I was headed to the true ending before I got the other ones. Didn't get the pre-truth ending (Trying to be as vague as possible so I don't get lynched over spoilers))

I never had a problem with the translation, except in 1 or 2 minor places. I suppose I can see where you would find the cursing forced though lol. At least it did better than Nier (Which is awesome either way)

[quote name='bobphone']What type of game is this? Not going to IGN or something. I do not care beyond this thread.[/QUOTE]

It's a "choose your own adventure" game. The puzzles play like Myst or Monkey Island, except without red herrings to throw you off. Sitting at an 89 on Metacritic, with a 10 from Destructoid and a 9.0 from IGN.

When you guys search for "999" on Amazon and look at this game, what does Amazon suggest based on what others have bought?

Looking for 999 Products has me confused.

I'm starting to regret not picking it up when Amazon had it for $31.99. I was going to grab it a local gamestop with christmas money but they only had the 'new' copy they open up and I refuse to buy that.

[quote name='Myka']I'm starting to regret not picking it up when Amazon had it for $31.99. I was going to grab it a local gamestop with christmas money but they only had the 'new' copy they open up and I refuse to buy that.[/QUOTE]

You can't spare $3?

Edit: I meant buying it from Amazon now, as it is $34.99. You said you were going to buy it off Amazon when it was $32, so clearly buying online isn't an issue here. I was curious as to why Amazon's $35 sealed price tag is an issue, while would Gamestop have had a sealed copy, that wouldn't have been an issue for you.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']You can't spare $3?[/QUOTE]
I would have if Gamestop had an actual sealed copy.

I ordered my copy new from Gamestop.com for $35.00 (with free shipping) on Monday and it's already shipped. Yes, there's tax, but it's not the scalper prices and I don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for it to become available.

I heard Aksys would have more copies available in mid-January, which does correspond with Amazon's predicted restock date.

Now if only they'd make some more of THESE... :bouncy:

999_pre-order_watch2.jpg

bread's done
Back