Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (Wii) $15.99 at Best Buy (YMMV, should I even bother??)

Urahara

CAGiversary!
I just bought a copy of Sakura Wars for the Wii last night for $15.99 at a Best Buy in Austin. They had three copies.

As I type this I realize that I'm an idiot and I should have asked them to do a district lookup to see which stores might still have it in stock. The $15.99 is a $4 clearance price reduction.

There is no trace of the game on the Best Buy website, so I'm honestly not sure if anyone else will benefit from this, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a heads up, even if this ends up being a One Guy Got Lucky, Nothing To See Here, Move Along Now kind of a thread.

The BB SKU is 9806935, so I'd recommend calling a store and getting them to do a lookup for you of any stores in the vicinity that may have it.

I looked for the PS2 version but I didn't see it in, not that I was expecting to. Their PS2 stock was as threadbare as usual. I'm still surprised to find Sakura Wars in their Wii stock. I had thought the game was a bit too niche for them to consider carrying.

From what I've read, there's a lot of discussion regarding the quality of the localization by NIS America. Something else to consider.

Good luck, I hope some of you who want in on this manage to get the game.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I meant which Best Buy :|[/QUOTE]

Southwest Parkway/Highway 71/Highway 290. That nice traffic nexus. G'luck.

Thanks OP. I called a store, got two stores that had in stock and I called one of the stores. They said they couldn't pull up anything with the SKU. Annoying, now I gotta decide if I want to make the long trek or not.

Sakura Wars would be on my list of one of the five best games I have played this year.. and I play everything.. Awesome game and extremely underrated.

[quote name='inefficiency device']I found it boring and dated. Like someone said earlier; too little, too late.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post.

[quote name='inefficiency device']I found it boring and dated. Like someone said earlier; too little, too late.[/QUOTE]

I also agree with this post. Letdown of the decade, if you subscribe to the idea that decades go from, for instance, 2001 to 2010.

Personally, I think decades go from, for instance, 2000 to 2009, but I'm willing to break my own rule to put Sakura Wars: So Long My Love into the decade category. That's how much of a letdown I found it to be.

bread's done
Back