XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10733 replies to this topic

#31 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:09 AM

Sucks that Force Unleashed 2 Endor DLC might raise in price. I thought $1 wasn't a sale price. Oh well, I don't even have the game yet, but might as well pick it up. By the way, its also $0.99 on PSN

#32 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:54 AM

redjoey, i'll help/contribute what I can to help make this thread a success like last year's. with that being said, hope 2011 brings great games & deals of course. any word on dotw for the upcoming week yet?

#33 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

Can't wait to see what's in store this year!

#34 cartagena07

cartagena07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

great job last year, looking forward to a new year of awesome xbla deals

#35 Bootleg Zani

Bootleg Zani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:44 AM

So their wasn't any Daily Deal for January 1st or 2nd right?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

So their wasn't any Daily Deal for January 1st or 2nd right?

Nope. The first DotW will go up tomorrow. Hopefully not before 10am (I have an appt at 9am)
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#37 Pato1910

Pato1910

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Some sweet ass gog action!

#38 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:45 AM

by the way, to check the dotw here's a direct link: http://marketplace.x...n/dealoftheweek

#39 Nintendokid54

Nintendokid54

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:29 AM

by the way, to check the dotw here's a direct link: http://marketplace.x...n/dealoftheweek

Oooooo it even has pictures... lol neat... this should be in the OP somewhere too...

76561198020429748.png

#40 puzzlefite

puzzlefite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

good work!
Xbox Live Code Virtual FAQ
This FAQ has all the info you need to know about how to trade Xbox Live codes and not get ripped off.

#41 kitpowers007

kitpowers007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:15 AM

Looking forward to good deals in 2011. Hopefully they'll do the thing like a couple months ago where they gave us a few choices and we picked the DOTW. Thought that was a bit interesting.

Hope they start off 2011 with a great DOTW that may set the tone for the rest of the year...haha

Thanks for the thread.

Edited by kitpowers007, 03 January 2011 - 09:32 AM.

:360: :50,000 - 4/21/2011. 3 days short of my 3 year Xbox 360 anniversary.

:360: :88888 - 10/6/2013
34gvq51.jpg2vl4nrt.jpg

#42 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

Oooooo it even has pictures... lol neat... this should be in the OP somewhere too...

The link's already in the FAQ in the 3rd post.

#43 tunavi

tunavi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:20 AM

http://majornelson.com/

Deal of the week: The New You

It’s a New Year, which means it’s time to give your Xbox LIVE Avatar a make over. This week, Xbox LIVE Gold members can save on the following Avatar items:

Item Normally This Week
Doctor Outfit
Police Officer
Band Hero Mic w/Stand Prop
Black Tuxeedo
Valentine Wedding Dress
The Executioner Outfit
International Collection
International Collection
Spring - Bunny Outfit

Worst. Deal. Ever.

#44 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

Looking forward to good deals in 2011. Hopefully they'll do the thing like a couple months ago where they gave us a few choices and we picked the DOTW. Thought that was a bit interesting.

Hope they start off 2011 with a great DOTW that may set the tone for the rest of the year...haha

Thanks for the thread.

I sure hope this does not set the tone for the rest of the year.
But, in all honesty, I never buy avatar anything, but I am kinda eyeing the kilt.

I would also like to kick in my thanks to reddjoey for all he does with this thread.. excelent job! You are appreciated!
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

I don't mind the crappy deal for this week. Purchasing break!

#46 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

On the topic of the link to the xbox.com DotW page. My sarcasm detector is busted so..... It's in the FAQ under sources. It's also linked right above the deals. Click on Xbox Live Deal of the Week. I've tried adding the new DotW graphic, but it's too small and needs to be doctored up a bit to be put on here.

Worst. Deal. Ever.

True, but thanks for posting it.

Edited by reddjoey, 03 January 2011 - 01:35 PM.
quote wackiness

Posted Image

#47 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Being an 8 year member, this is the worst deal of the week ever. Then again, this is what we get for complaining about priced games like last months games that were on sale (limbo, etc.) so next time you complain, think twice..it could be much worse. Safe to say there will be no SNK sale and can just buy what I've been wanting to finally.

#48 mattBLiTZ

mattBLiTZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Any word about upcoming XBLA releases? It's been a damn dead period for what, two weeks now? Since ilomilo has been available since Thanksgiving, and Raskulls and World of Keflings have been available via a glitch since at least two Saturdays ago. Well, I guess there was the Dead Rising on a non-Wednesday and MicroBots or something which was like..pretty unannounced and unpopular. Bring on the good games, 2011!

#49 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

Glad its crappy so I don't have to get another points card to buy it.

#50 Stephan123

Stephan123

Happy CAG User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

This thread is more awesome then the last one . Keep up the awesome work :)

And the deal of the week is awful...

#51 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

Any word about upcoming XBLA releases? It's been a damn dead period for what, two weeks now? Since ilomilo has been available since Thanksgiving, and Raskulls and World of Keflings have been available via a glitch since at least two Saturdays ago. Well, I guess there was the Dead Rising on a non-Wednesday and MicroBots or something which was like..pretty unannounced and unpopular. Bring on the good games, 2011!

I agree, but I have seen anything other than rumors and the games that were pushed back to Q1 2011.

With news of this "crappy" deal. Let's try and keep the thread crapping to a minimum. That bunny outfit might be worth a second look, $1.50 to make your friends list chuckle might be worth it. At least, that is how I approach some avatar gear purchases. If you really think about it, you can buy some weird stuff and put it together for wacky results.
Posted Image

#52 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Worst. Deal. Ever.

I couldn't agree more.

#53 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

I've always thought it would be cool if when you purchase an Avatar outfit, the individual pieces would split off so you can accessorize with them. For example, if you buy a costume which has a shirt, pants, and shoes, it would be nice if you could change the pants with another in your inventory and keep the shirt on.

#54 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Well at least 99% of us will save our money/points this week. Horrific sale there M$! Great way to start the year...

And thanks redjoey as always for the great thread!!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#55 drawingboard

drawingboard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:38 PM

So there's basically no DOTW this week? lol They have been hooking us up lately, so I'm not too disappointed.

#56 victimsofadown

victimsofadown

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

I sure hope this does not set the tone for the rest of the year.

This x1,000,000
Posted Image

#57 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Am I really considering buying an avatar item? The kilt, of course. That is appealing, but jesus, paying money, even a $1, for virtual clothing? I'm going to try to resist... but it is a nice kilt....

Upcoming this month, allegedly, is Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottleib Collection (or some such name). I can't get too excited about that, seeing how it's just a port, but I'll buy it. No word on when this month, though.

#58 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

But, in all honesty, I never buy avatar anything, but I am kinda eyeing the kilt.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I've never had a kilt IRL, but somehow, it seems apporpriate for my avatar.

BTW: How do you access the *free* avatar content? I havent really been able to find it since the early days of avatars.
Posted Image

#59 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:07 PM

Wow... pretty weak DOTW. Especially since with the them they are going for they could of put some of that fitness DLC on sale, even marginally. (not that I would of bought it, but it does seem like a better idea from a marketing/sales viewpoint) Like others though I'm at least content to know I'll have some time to try and recoup some points through Bing Rewards after all I bought this last week.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#60 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

i still have 950 points left over from resisting to buy some games in the past week and a half or so. and i won't be taking advantage of any of the items this week. hopefully next week gives us some better deals! also thanks to the OP for doing a great job on this and 2010 thread!

Edited by chipper_95, 03 January 2011 - 06:27 PM.