XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10733 replies to this topic

#10711 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Anybody know if the xbla version of shinobi is the same as the Ultimate Genesis Version (the arcade one)?

I've played both, and they seem identical to me. Of course, the obvious difference is the XBLA version has its own 200 Gamerscore.

BTW - If you have't played the original Shinobi in a long time, you're probably going to hate it. I did. I can't believe I used to love it. Nostalgia is a ruthless b*tch.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10712 Crono-00

Crono-00

Backlog 4 Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Scott Pilgrim is a pretty good deal for 400. I bought it before I even saw the movie just because the demo was so fun. It reminds me of a snes/sega era beat em up with a better storyline. 4 Player Online and Offline co-op. I ended up putting the movie on my netflix que after I beat the game lol.

When did that happen? The last title update allowed for the DLC to be incorporated and unnecessisarily toned down the enemy attacks (but still did not readjust the damage necessary to destroy a wall on the 3rd stage for player count [either you're overbuffed for the time or you're co-operatively destroying them with 3 friends]). I think the title update may have also allowed for drop in-out offline co-op but when I was playing the game, the only online options were leaderboards and download content. If online has been added since, I may have to fire the game up to join all the new CAGs.

I too am looking forward to the XBLA Sonic CD release. I still have a functional WonderMega (JP) and X-Eye (US) to play both versions but on XBLA, I can now get achievements for my most favorite Sonic game. I hope Backbone is not the ones handling the emulation; I hate how they do not have options to disable hardware filtering of sprites, and I am not a fan of interpretation of smoothing pixel art (destroys pixel art). It is the reason I have passed up excellent old Sega titles (like Gunstar Heroes or the currently on sale Shinobi) on XBLA, because poor emulation ruins the game to me [I do not remember playing Sega games with Vaseline on the screen back then]

#10713 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Ubisoft was also quick to add that with the DLC a title update will be released that will rebalance the "average joe" difficulty, fix several bugs, and introduce drop-in/drop-out co-op. The co-op additions is for offline play only. Ubisoft told Joystiq that there were no plans to incorporate online multiplayer into the game.

#10714 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

When did that happen? The last title update allowed for the DLC to be incorporated and unnecessisarily toned down the enemy attacks (but still did not readjust the damage necessary to destroy a wall on the 3rd stage for player count [either you're overbuffed for the time or you're co-operatively destroying them with 3 friends]). I think the title update may have also allowed for drop in-out offline co-op but when I was playing the game, the only online options were leaderboards and download content. If online has been added since, I may have to fire the game up to join all the new CAGs.

I too am looking forward to the XBLA Sonic CD release. I still have a functional WonderMega (JP) and X-Eye (US) to play both versions but on XBLA, I can now get achievements for my most favorite Sonic game. I hope Backbone is not the ones handling the emulation; I hate how they do not have options to disable hardware filtering of sprites, and I am not a fan of interpretation of smoothing pixel art (destroys pixel art). It is the reason I have passed up excellent old Sega titles (like Gunstar Heroes or the currently on sale Shinobi) on XBLA, because poor emulation ruins the game to me [I do not remember playing Sega games with Vaseline on the screen back then]

You should read up on the upcoming Sonic CD port, it's being worked on by someone else. This person is adding true widescreen support, as well as playable Tails. Really looks more like a labor of love than the Backbone ports.

#10715 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

I think the title update may have also allowed for drop in-out offline co-op but when I was playing the game, the only online options were leaderboards and download content. If online has been added since, I may have to fire the game up to join all the new CAGs.

He is wrong - there is definitely no online co-op. I can't imagine a simple patch adding anything that substantial to a game, that would be some real wizadry there.

#10716 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

It could be these, but we haven't received "official" word from Microsoft

Games on Demand
Mortal Kombat vs DC - 2400 MSP > 1600 MSP
Fable III - 3200 MSP > 2400 MSP
Halo Reach - 4800 MSP > 3200 MSP

Wow, $20 - $40 on year+ old games... thanks M$! Hope there's something else. Thanks for the reply.

#10717 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Not sure if the sale is over, but the Kinect Sports calorie challenge pack is showing up as 320 pts for me.

#10718 sir-fly

sir-fly

watch me like tv

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Not sure if the sale is over, but the Kinect Sports calorie challenge pack is showing up as 320 pts for me.

its over and a new sale started and its over and op never updated the tittle of the thread to reflect any of the changes

#10719 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

its over and a new sale started and its over and op never updated the tittle of the thread to reflect any of the changes

Sorry, I am a bit under the weather. Other than a few MW3 matches I have been sleeping. Working on the OP now
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#10720 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Sorry, I am a bit under the weather. Other than a few MW3 matches I have been sleeping. Working on the OP now

How dare you let illness cause others to have a minor (non-existent) inconvenience!!!!

#10721 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

How dare you let illness cause others to have a minor (non-existent) inconvenience!!!!

Yeah. Don't forget classes. I do blame a lot of things on being in classes or exams,
Posted Image

#10722 Surreal_Sunshine

Surreal_Sunshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Yeah. Don't forget classes. I do blame a lot of things on being in classes or exams,

Which is a blatant lie. We all know you're a 78 year old retiree.

#10723 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

Wow, what a couple of assholes in your new thread. Seriously guys!?

Thanks for your hard work RJ

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#10724 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

You're welcome.

I'll just do it another time when there aren't as many trolls online.
Posted Image

#10725 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

/\/\/\/\

This. Haters gonna hate.

MildObstruction.png

#10726 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

Reddjoey rocks.

Picked up Scott Pilgrim. The demo was entertaining enough, and I plan to watch the movie and read the manga soon.

#10727 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

reddjoey should change his name to reddlazy.

update the OP faster next time if you don't want us to protest.

#occupyxblasalesthread

#10728 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:38 AM

You can occupy a closed thread in a few hours. Thread is too big.
Posted Image

#10729 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:45 AM

Wow, I can't believe people are bitching because the OP isn't getting updated fast enough. Seriously, why doesn't someone else start a thread and keep it live and updated like this one then?

Hey, Joey, I appreciate the thread and your updates. Keep up the good work! And, you're probably right, might be time for a 2nd thread to start as this one is now at so many pages.

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#10730 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:48 AM

Wow, I can't believe people are bitching because the OP isn't getting updated fast enough. Seriously, why doesn't someone else start a thread and keep it live and updated like this one then?

Hey, Joey, I appreciate the thread and your updates. Keep up the good work! And, you're probably right, might be time for a 2nd thread to start as this one is now at so many pages.

I'm pretty sure InfiniteHorizon was being sarcastic.

A few others commented that x wasn't on sale and that led to why I hadn't updated the OP yet. Nothing really rude or demanding, just normal stuff.

Problems came when I went to open a new thread and it was trolled.

In the end, I really don't care about the trolls. I setup the thread so if I don't have the time to update the OP, the new info should be there and it can go a few hours (or days) until I can get to it.
Posted Image

#10731 DertyFoot

DertyFoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

Joey is amazing. My most visited CAG thread by far. Keep up the great work.

#10732 Crono-00

Crono-00

Backlog 4 Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

I definately appreciate all the effort given by reddjoey. I just thought the weird posts were just facetious sarcasm. Alas, it could be difficult to detect without inflection.

Also, I hope the post-Thanksgiving sale for Xbox Live will be Iron Brigade/Trenched ... it feels like it is time. We had winners before with 160MSP for 'Splosion Man, Awful in Time Reshelled, and Greed Backlog Puchase last time, loved it.

#10733 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

Red Joey appreciate everything as always. One of CAGs best!

Anywho....grabbed Scott Pilgrim. I got if for PS3 but I figure for 400 points, its worth it for 360. And some cheevos! :)

#10734 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:27 AM

Thanks Guys. Was hoping the thread would go all of 2011, but it's too big.

New Thread is here

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=307801

GO! GO! GO!
Posted Image