Photo
- - - - -

GGT 67 wasn't invited to seanr's TWISTED 10 kegger Kinect New Year's Party.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
492 replies to this topic

#481 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

why would you play a fighter if not to play with others?

Since we're talking about portables, to beat on the CPU on the go.

#482 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

I'm just wondering if its as bad as i remember

I enjoyed the first one for being such a "next-gen" looking game since it came out years ago, but in reality the campaign was hilariously repetitive and the multiplayer was broken -- albeit kind of addicting since raping people with a sniper rifle is fun in almost any shooter. Looking gorgeous and a chainsaw will earn you those high marks though.

The sequel was worse IMO. The original was bashed for not having a story so of course, they tried to add a story and flesh out the characters, but it's Epic so of course it was horrendous. They threw out the somewhat interesting apocolyptic atmosphere they had going in the original for shit that makes the new Tron movie look like The Matrix. Single player is the same repetitive bullshit -- but I guess people have some infatuation with cover shooting that I don't quite understand. Mass Effect 2 had far better paced action and it's somewhat RPG focused. That's flat out embarrassing to a developer that has done nothing but make shooters.

And multiplayer? I know a lot of original Gears fans that hated the sequel's new MP. Not sure why they decided 10 player matches were better than 8. Didn't really enjoy the maps either and the newly added weather effects has to be the stupidest design decision I've seen this gen.

It's clunky enough, being forced to move ever 60 seconds is just horribly tedious.

That being said if you enjoyed the first Gears a lot, then you should definitely get the second one.

UjCoyFa.png

#483 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#484 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

Since we're talking about portables, to beat on the CPU on the go.

or while my roommate is doing black guy stuff with my tv
Posted Image

where scoob

#485 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:17 AM

or while my roommate is doing black guy stuff with my tv

You mean
Spoiler

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#486 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

You mean

Spoiler

One time I caught him trying to smuggle it out of the room in his hair
Posted Image

where scoob

#487 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

The sequel was worse IMO. The original was bashed for not having a story so of course, they tried to add a story and flesh out the characters, but it's Epic so of course it was horrendous. They threw out the somewhat interesting apocolyptic atmosphere they had going in the original for shit that makes the new Tron movie look like The Matrix.

All I remember about the story is when Dom had to shoot his wife. I was playing co-op with my friend and as soon as Dom took out that giant fucking gun we both just burst out laughing and couldn't stop for a good 20 minutes.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#488 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

I'm surprised that Nintendo is going to allow the 3DS to launch with PSP-style battery life. If it's going to be expensive as Fuck, it might as well have a better battery that would be about double where it's at right now.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#489 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

I'm sure the inevitable upgrade will have better battery life.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#490 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

To be honest I've never been bothered by portable battery life ever since having a rechargable battery became standard; but then again, I rarely play them outside the house. Still, the 3DS sounds less appealing every time I hear about it: high price, low battery, 40+ msrp for games, etc etc

I lol'd hard when, after months of LOOK AT OUR NEW CHARACTERS GUYS they killed off like every new dude in Gears 2.
Posted Image

where scoob

#491 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:32 AM

seanr1221.png

#492 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:33 AM

I don't think any gaming system has been very appealing at launch.

Although that christmas when I got a Dreamcast was probably the best ever.

UjCoyFa.png

#493 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

http://www.cheapassg...867#post8041867

Rei_no_Otaku.png