Eternal Sonata - PS3 - $11.99 + FSSS - NEW(dead, now $16)

TheLegendofTyler

New CAG Same Old Me
Feedback
11 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VaultDweller']damn....tax killed the deal for me :([/QUOTE]

Even at a 10% tax rate this is still a great price....

Picked it up OP thanks! Great game.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Even at a 10% tax rate this is still a great price....

Picked it up OP thanks! Great game.[/QUOTE]

Even at 25% tax, it would be a great deal. Don't quote his posts in the future please as it will make my ignore ineffective.

Oh right, thanks OP.

I'm tempted, but no trophy support in this, right? Since I already have the 360 version I'd only double-dip if I could at least get trophies out of it. It isn't the only reason I'd play a game, but it makes a difference in cases like this where I already have it for the other system ;).

[quote name='io']I'm tempted, but no trophy support in this, right? Since I already have the 360 version I'd only double-dip if I could at least get trophies out of it. It isn't the only reason I'd play a game, but it makes a difference in cases like this where I already have it for the other system ;).[/QUOTE]

No trophies are present in the PS3 version.

I bought this for 16.22 from hubbagames and I didn't even receive it yet. I don't know if it's worth sending it back to save 3 bucks.

[quote name='io']I'm tempted, but no trophy support in this, right? Since I already have the 360 version I'd only double-dip if I could at least get trophies out of it. It isn't the only reason I'd play a game, but it makes a difference in cases like this where I already have it for the other system ;).[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately it doesn't, only thing holding me back from it. :(

Great price, I think I got it for 16.xx a month or so ago. I'm playing through it now, it really is a great game, albeit with horrible dialogue.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Out of curiosity, why do people love trophies so much?[/QUOTE]

It is not worthwhile thinking about, or analyzing man. Some people like them, some don't care at all.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']In for one. I loved this game. Still own it on 360 but have been dying to play the trophyless PS3 version. I didn't have to pay tax, so go me?[/QUOTE]

Go you, bro.

Bought it in a hurry. Then I realized my remaining $65 of promotional credit wasn't used, but $12 is too good to pass up!

Great game, especially for this price. I once spent $12 to see [Insert extremely overhyped, dissapointing movie from the last few years in theaters]. This is much better. Don't disgrace your $12! Get this game!

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Before you get conned into this just because it's a cheap RPG, watch this and see if your intelligence is insulted (it's the opening scene of the game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N-zJl6G5c0[/QUOTE]

My intelligence wasn't insulted. All that video showed was that the English dub is horrible and possibly took some of the emotion out of an otherwise powerful scene in a beautiful game.

[quote name='sadakou']My intelligence wasn't insulted. All that video showed was that the English dub is horrible and possibly took some of the emotion out of an otherwise powerful scene in a beautiful game.[/QUOTE]

It's got the option for the japanese voices. I like em.

$12!? I think almost any game is at least worth trying for that price. Visually the game has a great watercolor/cel shaded look to it, but IMO the story and acting really just doesn't take. I won't spoil anything (even the content of the spoiler tags aren't really a spoiler) but the game
pulls off one of the most cliched endings ever
If you like JRPGS and haven't played it yet I'd give it a shot, but if you don't know your Enchanted Arms from your Resonance of Fates then I'd pass.

Even though I know the story and dialogue is beyond terrible, I'm always thinking about this game, so WTH I'll bite for 12 bucks

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']$12!? I think almost any game is at least worth trying for that price. Visually the game has a great watercolor/cel shaded look to it, but IMO the story and acting really just doesn't take. I won't spoil anything (even the content of the spoiler tags aren't really a spoiler) but the game
pulls off one of the most cliched endings ever
If you like JRPGS and haven't played it yet I'd give it a shot, but if you don't know your Enchanted Arms from your Resonance of Fates then I'd pass.[/QUOTE]

Was the ending cliched? I don't recall too many games that end
with an endless loop and the main character becoming the final boss and then dying in the "real world" while saying absurdly cryptic stuff after his defeat in the fantasy world.
. That being said, it was an absolutely terrible ending that made very little sense whatsoever.

[quote name='Interfeci']I'm assuming it's no longer 11.99, unless i'm looking at the wrong page.[/QUOTE]

You're correct.

Deal is dead :/, cheapest seller is hubbagames again.

[quote name='tossin']Was the ending cliched? I don't recall too many games that end
with an endless loop and the main character becoming the final boss and then dying in the "real world" while saying absurdly cryptic stuff after his defeat in the fantasy world.
. That being said, it was an absolutely terrible ending that made very little sense whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more in the broader scope of things... you know? Biggie mentioned it in a song.

[quote name='simmias']People love this game, although I'm not sure why. I guess the battle system was kind of fun.[/QUOTE]

The game is BEAUTIFUL to look at, but the story, characters, and voice acting are all brutal... to the point that if you are an adult with any discerning taste, you will not be able to play it for more than a few aggravating hours.

[quote name='zenintrude']The game is BEAUTIFUL to look at, but the story, characters, and voice acting are all brutal... to the point that if you are an adult with any discerning taste, you will not be able to play it for more than a few aggravating hours.[/QUOTE]
I agree. It was my least favorite RPG this gen by a landslide, and I've played some bad ones.

People on here caring about trophies really shouldn't for too much longer. Now that the PS3 keys have been found, it won't be long before trophies are completely hacked and everyone will be able to have a thousand platinums.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Came back in stock, and I picked one up because gamespot gave it a decent 8.5[/QUOTE]

It's good to see that people will buy anything as long as it gets a good score at GameSpot...

bread's done
Back