Photo
- - - - -

Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2421 replies to this topic

Poll: What types of pics would you like to see in this thread? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

What types of pics would you like to see in this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1981 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:14 AM

Nice finds nonetheless!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1982 Allwhowander

Allwhowander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

Here's a full listing of the games for those who are interested.

Sega Genesis
Spoiler

Super Nintendo
Spoiler

NES
Spoiler

Master System
Spoiler

As far as Beggar Prince goes, I also thought it was weird that he would have that rare of a game and not know what he had. But who knows where he picked it up. Also, the pictures I posted were after a cleaned all of them, but most of the games had an almost new Game-X-Change price sticker on them so it looks like he put some money into the collection.

Oh, and who needs 5 different wrestling games for the SNES?

#1983 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:06 AM

nice finds all. nothing for me this weekend but a cat in the hat watch :D

#1984 jaydepps

jaydepps

CAGiversary!

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

Nice finds nonetheless!

Thanks man. This weekend was my first real good weekend.

Check out my Indie gaming site for news, previews, reviews, and giveaways!

#1985 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Really nice finds everyone! I learned something new too. I will have to keep my eyes open for "Beggar Prince".

#1986 Redbaron67

Redbaron67

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

$5 for a bunch of Sega Genesis Games. I'm very pleased with this find.
Risk - complete
Taz - complete
Shining Force - boxed
Sonic 3 - cart
Beauty and the Beast - complete
And a Wheel of Fortune case that had Sword of Vermillion in it. Weird, but hey Sword of Vermillion is way better than Wheel of Fortune so I'll take it! :)

OMG I am jealous of that boxed shining force! Those are two rare as hell games for the genesis.

#1987 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:34 AM

My first post so take it it easy on me. This is what I can remember from the summer.

Spoiler

Not pictured 2 Pokemon Reds. Pretty sweet since it started as the Game Boy and one Pokemon Red for $5, then as I found the rest scattered about the table he said to take it all for $5. Game Boy has the battery door. Sweet.

Got this at a church/multi on the way to work Saturday morning (I have to work every other... Fuck) from 2 different people.

Spoiler

Zelda - 10
Case - 2

Case holds 12 N64 games and SNES games actually fit pretty nicely too.
Zelda is in great condition and was a real battle to get. Its a good story I'll put it at the end of the post.

Earlier this summer got a slim black PS2 with 2 Sony controllers in fair shape, a 3rd party 16mb memory card, and of course some Smack Down game in the system for 15. Probably could have gotten it for 10 but I'm not too bold and I needed a DVD player for the bedroom.

Non game related finds this summer pretty much limited to Vinyl.

Journey: Escape
Pink Floyd: DSOTM
The Doors: L.A. Woman
Deep Purple: Made in Japan

all four for $1 at the church sale

Also my friend posts here and the game boy stuff was all from this sale

https://lh3.googleus...cture%25204.png

I thought he had nabbed all the games and I was pissed, then I got all the Game Boy shit he somehow missed. Everybody wins :whee:

Story about Zelda below
Spoiler

#1988 mitchondria

mitchondria

Climbin in Yo Window

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

Seasons over down here. Waiting for next year.....

540841.png

#1989 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image

Do want that N64 game case.

#1990 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

I used to have one.

Without labels, it's a pain to store them in there.

#1991 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

I used to have one.

Without labels, it's a pain to store them in there.

I always kind of assumed there were spaces inbetween them so you could peer down into the labels or they were stored on a slight angle.

While we're on the topic, what is the way most people store/display their N64 games? The only viable option I've come across is buying the UGC cases and printing custom artwork, but that seems like a ton of work :drool:

#1992 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

There is some space.

I always just had labels from a label maker added to the tops of the games. It doesn't hurt the game and makes it look ok-ish.

The best way is the UGC cases. It is a lot of work and extra money.

#1993 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

There is some space.

I always just had labels from a label maker added to the tops of the games. It doesn't hurt the game and makes it look ok-ish.

The best way is the UGC cases. It is a lot of work and extra money.

Yea, I keep hoping someone else has a better idea, but once I clear off a good amount of shelf space, I think I'll dive into it.

#1994 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

I always kind of assumed there were spaces inbetween them so you could peer down into the labels or they were stored on a slight angle.

While we're on the topic, what is the way most people store/display their N64 games? The only viable option I've come across is buying the UGC cases and printing custom artwork, but that seems like a ton of work :drool:

You can go CIB on n64 games if you're patient and don't need the ultra-rarities.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#1995 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

You can go CIB on n64 games if you're patient and don't need the ultra-rarities.

*Bored at work so insta-replying*

I have about 20 or so CIB N64 games, but I like to keep the cartridges out of the box especially for the games I play more often, so I don't cause any damage to them constantly opening and closing them. Somehow I think my N64 is still my second most played system even as of now.

#1996 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

*Bored at work so insta-replying*

I have about 20 or so CIB N64 games, but I like to keep the cartridges out of the box especially for the games I play more often, so I don't cause any damage to them constantly opening and closing them. Somehow I think my N64 is still my second most played system even as of now.

Well, if you need to see the labels and need cart access while playing; I once brainstormed this staggered stairstep three cartridge platform made out of cardboard. I never built the thing, but basically if you can sit your carts on a mini-staircase enough of the label is exposed to identify the game.

#1997 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

There are small spaces where you can see the games. I picked up a larger one of these cases earlier this year. I just like putting my n64 games in a sturdy shoebox.

I didn't go out yesterday (because I had to go somewhere which was of course later cancelled). I did hit 5 this morning since one listed "video game systems', but they wanted $50 for a Genesis and $20 each for gameboy colors with 4 games. They did have a couple of pokemon reds, but it was still too expensive.

I might be in Milwaukee tomorrow, so maybe my luck will change there...

#1998 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

Well, if you need to see the labels and need cart access while playing; I once brainstormed this staggered stairstep three cartridge platform made out of cardboard. I never built the thing, but basically if you can sit your carts on a mini-staircase enough of the label is exposed to identify the game.

That's not a bad idea, and probably wouldn't have a huge footprint either considering the game's widths. I'll ponder that, but may end up just buying the UGC cases for my next project.

There are small spaces where you can see the games. I picked up a larger one of these cases earlier this year. I just like putting my n64 games in a sturdy shoebox.

Yea, as of now I have all of mine in a suitcase next to my couch :roll:

#1999 lmz00

lmz00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Keep your games sealed and use a flash cart to play them, so you'll never have to swap cartridges.

#2000 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:34 AM

Seasons over down here. Waiting for next year.....

It's getting pretty done here but still a little life out there. I had 9 advertised sales to hit but ended going to more like 20. Still, they were pretty crappy sales overall. I did buy enough media (DVDs, CDs, books) to make it worthwhile but very little in the way of games . . . I will pic my one small find later . . .

but they wanted $50 for a Genesis

I saw this really, really ugly looking Genesis with 5 bad kiddie games and it was marked $35.

I did buy a Fisher Price Airport with the airplane and a bunch of pieces (complete??) for $15 . . . hopefully it will be a good flip.

#2001 aptanor

aptanor

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:25 AM

Yard sales are just picking up now here actually. Summer in Florida is just too hot for it, so end of summer/fall it's much more active in the way of sales.

Posted Image

#2002 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:28 AM

Times have been tough, last time I went out all I found was a Child Development: 12th Edition for $1 (and it's gone up by $15 since I traded it in) :roll: I'm going to stake out some new and hopefully more fertile territory tomorrow.

#2003 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Yard sales are just picking up now here actually. Summer in Florida is just too hot for it, so end of summer/fall it's much more active in the way of sales.

We had a morning this week where it was mid-40s in the morning . . . ugh.

Yesterday it was in the 50s . . . so people are wearing jackets and the idea that its getting too cold to rummage is starting to set in.

#2004 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm with Aptanor; happy to see the arrival of fall and cooler temps so the yard sales will be picking up again here in FL. It's been a long summer of watching you guys have great finds with very few sales to go to around here.

Also, cooler temps means the return of the 'snow birds'...that means more customers and better prices for when I have my own yard sale!

#2005 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

So i been reading the yard sale/flea market thread. Everyone here be finding some epic deals. Anyway, i went to 4 yard sales and 1 flea market. Man, most people are not really selling video games :cry:

At a yard sale, i got a Pikachu and a grey GBA sp case both for $1. I remember back then that people had counterfeit, so im not sure if this pikachu is or not. The tag has a copyright 1995-2009. The grey SP case had a UMD disc of XXX state of the union.

Fleat Market: People selling 360 games for $10 a piece and ps2 games for $5 that was old common titles. I say a guy with a box. He had a NES gun, 2 controllers, 2 Sega CD. He beat me to a N64 black console with all the cables and came in a n64 case for $15. I wasnt really looking for that, but was looking for a Gameboy:cry: I picked up 3 Gameboy games (not sure. Is it call gameboy color?) Pokemon Yellow pikachu edition, Pokemon Red, and Pokemon Silver. I know nothing about these games, but got all 3 for $2.

Remember, this is my first yard sale/ flea market purchase. Please give feedback of how i did. Did i paid too much for all this stuff? Im still trying to learn the CAG way of finding and getting the best deals. Did I overpaid for any of this stuff?

#2006 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

You seemed like you got a great deal on the Pokemon games for $2 total. I think there were for the original gameboy (not the gameboy color).
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#2007 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

You seemed like you got a great deal on the Pokemon games for $2 total. I think there were for the original gameboy (not the gameboy color).

Thanks. Im not sure, but they told me that they had a GB color, but couldnt find it.

#2008 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

Does anyone know anything about pokemon Yellow speical edition, red and silver? Are these the same games or different? Never played pokemon.

Does these have batteries inside?

#2009 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

Does anyone know anything about pokemon Yellow speical edition, red and silver? Are these the same games or different? Never played pokemon.

I think they have batteries in them. If you are talking about the ones that the cartridge is actually colored red, yellow, and silver, I think you did really well. I am too old for the pokemon fad, but I learned from this thread that those games are worth picking up if you see them cheap enough.

#2010 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

From what I remembered, Red and Yellow basically have the (almost) same story line, except that in Yellow, you start off with Pikachu, where as in Red, you have a choice of three starter pokemon. I never played Silver.

One thing to check out is, can the cartridge store save games? If the battery is dead on the cartridge, you won't be able to save and restore the saved game state, you can still play it though.
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV