Photo
- - - - -

Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2421 replies to this topic

Poll: What types of pics would you like to see in this thread? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

What types of pics would you like to see in this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#2311 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

That's probably because if you're using the Red/Yellow cables you're only putting one sound channel into the TV and it's only coming out of one speaker. If you use the RF it just plays the mono source on both speakers. See if your TV has a setting to override a mono source. It probably doesn't though. You could always get a cheap splitter and plug the Red input into both the red and white on your tv, and then it would play from both speakers.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2312 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:58 AM

wow, i'm surprised you guys can put up with RF, even on an old tube TV, and especially daisy chaining, the signal gets even worse.

Even as a kid it bothered me how the screen warped and discolored randomly on an RF connection. I guess if that's what you're used to, that's fine.

SNES with S-Video on a flat panel tube is so nice looking though.

I'm thinking about geting the AV-S video cable for my SNES/GC/N64 and I was looking at Amazon, would you guys suggest any particular one over another?

Thanks for the input!
Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#2313 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

I dunno. Quality of materials does matter with those unlike HDMI. You may want to search google for what to look for in S-Video cables as far as quality.

Of course, if you're just hooking it up to an old tube TV you shouldn't go crazy about materials/quality. Just don't buy the cheapest one available.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#2314 GoldFly

GoldFly

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

Pretty nice run today for what's probably the last weekend of the season.

Posted Image

$5 for everything and a carrying case. I asked how much and the kid maybe 13 years old says " 7? 6? 5?" His mom cuts him off and says 5 is fair and I agree.

Better pic of games:
Spoiler

Posted Image

$1 each from the same kid. Story about him to follow.

Different yard sale:
Posted Image

Animal Crossing $3
Pogues CD $1
This kid had some 360 and PS2 games. Nothing I was looking for though. I asked how much for AC and he says 5. I just say thanks and keep browsing. He approaches me like a minute later and says "would you like this for 3?". Bought the CD from his mom for a buck.

Another Sale:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Records $1 each
Glass 50 cents

Also picked up a tape deck adapter (for ipod etc.) at another sale for 50 cents.

Spoiler

#2315 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Picked this board game up for $2.00

Machiavelli

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Currently playing:
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
CML

#2316 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Got a PS2 slim for $8 today, came with everything but no memory cards, that's ok I have a stack of them!

#2317 ttocs230

ttocs230

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

Got a Sega 16bit plus the 32x adapter, plus sega cd all 3 jammed up and 20 games plus a ram cart every game mint with the foam in the games for 20, seems lawmower man and the ram cart both go for about 40, I was happy, the yardsale before that I ground scored 5 bucks and walked away with a bunch of goodies as well!

#2318 schultzed

schultzed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:34 AM

ttocs, nice find . . . any pics?

Not a whole lot to report . . . not the slim that SaraAB found, just slim pickings.

On Friday, I hit just something like 5 sales and they were poor at that. I did go to some thrifts and was excited when I saw an Atari flashback 2 in box but pissed when I saw it was $39.99. I bought a big group of music books (maybe 75 about half of which are worth selling) for $60 at one shop--they were marked $7-9 each but the woman running this odd little thrift wanted to deal.

A sale that mentioned games wasn't to start until noon and I had to be at a meeting at 1 . . . so I stopped by at 11. The sale was inside and at first I was disappointed when I saw only about 12 games and initially didn't think I'd get any but picked out these:
Posted Image
My offer of $1 each was accepted. All are complete except Conker but I picked up one with no artwork a few weeks ago . . . So, I'll keep the disc only one.

Sat. had more listings in my town but I had to go away with my family . . . I did get to a church sale (in Evanston, IL) and scooped up a bunch of books. These were mixed in with DVDs and cost something like $1-2 each:
Posted Image

So sad that the season is nearly done . . . just like it is for my Brewers . . . :cry:

Edited by schultzed, 17 October 2011 - 11:56 AM.

#2319 C0dy

C0dy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:00 AM

Yeah I found jack squat this weekend. Bout time to settle in for the winter and get to playing some of these nice games I picked up over the last few weeks ;)

Will still keep a look out for some signs but the weather's getting pretty cold around here and I'm not too hopeful. I've made some extremely nice additions to my collection over the past few weeks. Next year I will definitely get into this more.

#2320 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:00 AM

just found a few records this weekend. luckily i live in an area with year round garage sales. :)

#2321 ttocs230

ttocs230

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

I still have it all at home, I'll snap a pic tonight :)

#2322 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Not a whole lot to report . . . not the slim that SaraAB found, just slim pickings.

On Friday, I hit just something like 5 sales and they were poor at that. I did go to some thrifts and was excited when I saw an Atari flashback 2 in box but pissed when I saw it was $39.99. I bought a big group of music books (maybe 75 about half of which are worth selling) for $60 at one shop--they were marked $7-9 each but the woman running this odd little thrift wanted to deal.

A sale that mentioned games wasn't to start until noon and I had to be at a meeting at 1 . . . so I stopped by at 11. The sale was inside and at first I was disappointed when I saw only about 12 games and initially didn't think I'd get any but picked out these:
Posted Image
My offer of $1 each was accepted. All are complete except Conker but I picked up one with no artwork a few weeks ago . . . So, I'll keep the disc only one.

Nice picks there, DA2 is a personal "don't want to pay full price" white whale of mine. :)

Ironically the weather was good for me last Sat. but not enough in yard sales to make it worthwhile running around. Instead I used the time to trade in three boxes of books to a used book store for $28, and dumped a comics longbox elsewhere for $20. Pretty much broke even on that last one, but I got to pull out the comics I wanted so it wasn't that bad of a deal.

It's funny, the same comic shop also dabbles in vintage games but the prices are pretty laughable ($9.99 for a Platoon cart only?) You know, you try to help local businesses by looking for things to buy, but so far it's like they want me to wait for them to go out of business before they make a sale *smacks forehead*
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#2323 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

$9.99 for a Platoon cart only?

I had this game back in the day don't ask me why, I can't even remember if I ended up with it as a gift or if I actually picked it out myself (hopefully not the latter). I could see some people not wanting to play this game even if they were getting paid 9.99 to wonder around in the maze like jungle that the first level is. I mainly remember using a map to deal with that nightmare :)
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#2324 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

Gah, I hated Platoon. Never did finish it, although I will probably take another stab at it someday.

#2325 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

I haven't been on CAG much the past few days, but I have a link to this seasons game finds in case anyone came to the thread late.

BTW It is best viewed while humming "We Are The Champions" as a slideshow. haha ;)

http://s298.photobuc...cheap/tag/games

#2326 thepain73

thepain73

Johnny B. Goode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

So do you flip these games?

Or is it just boxes and boxes of N64's in your home?

#2327 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

I am going to check out this moving sale advertised with ps2 and n64 games. The thing is that it is an indoor sale, and since I've never been to one before, are there any advice that any CAGers would give? I'm not a buff guy by any means...so just want to be safe than sorry.

Edit: okay, so I survived and made it back in one piece. lol. Grabbed 6 N64 games for $10. It was a N64 bundle for $35, with the standard black/gray N64 console, 1 light gray controller, 1 yellow controller with a rumble pack I believe along with the 6 games. Since I already have the console, I asked the lady if she will sell the games separately, she wanted $3 a piece. I offered $8 for all. She countered with $10, I accepted the offer since I have to get into work. (I'm still a noob when it comes to yardsaling 8-[)

Got the following, WWF No Mercy, Turok Dinosaur Hunter, Scooby Doo Classic Creep Capers, Super Mario 64, Zelda Orcarina of Time, and Starfox 64. Will probably keep the latter three and sell the rest along with some others I have as a bundle.

Edited by CAG90210, 21 October 2011 - 02:09 PM.

Currently playing:
PS3 - Skyrim

Recently beaten:
CML

#2328 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

So do you flip these games?

Or is it just boxes and boxes of N64's in your home?

Sorry, I am traveling, so I am not going to be on for a few more days.. Boxes and boxes at my house right now. I have sold some systems though. My estimated count is 11 NES, 2 toploaders, 9 Genesis, 18-20 Gamecubes, 10-12 n64, 4 snes. These are my non boxed ones.

#2329 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

I haven't been on CAG much the past few days, but I have a link to this seasons game finds in case anyone came to the thread late.

BTW It is best viewed while humming "We Are The Champions" as a slideshow. haha ;)

http://s298.photobuc...cheap/tag/games

194 pages. :drool:

How much did you spend this season?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2330 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Had a heck of a find today. I don't know if any of it works yet, but still:

Turbographix 16 system
Turbo express portable system :hot:

Bonk's Adventure
Dungeon Explorer
Keith Courage in Alpha Zones
Victory Run

All for $10. Pretty cool, since the last time I've seen a Turbographix 16 was when I was about...eight years old? Looks like I'll have to do some research on the CD attachment and whether these things can be made to play imports.

#2331 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:33 PM

I want to shinku-shoryuken you in the testicle.

I've been dying for a TGFX16 since my mom sold mine when I was like 10 :(.

I didn't have a bad day though.

Mario Kart 64 - $2

PS2 Slim - $5

2 Gameboy Advance SPs
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga - $10

#2332 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

I want to shinku-shoryuken you in the testicle.

I've been dying for a TGFX16 since my mom sold mine when I was like 10 :(.

I didn't have a bad day though.

Mario Kart 64 - $2

PS2 Slim - $5

2 Gameboy Advance SPs
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga - $10

*Fights it off with a Chun-Li Lightning kick*

Yeah, for some reason I always considered the TurboGrafx-16 to be a rich kid's system, but it's kinda cool since it ties into my roundabout interest in the PC Engine / later parts of the Valis series. 8-)

Nice picks there too; SPs, pokemons, and marios for the n64 are all steady flippers.

#2333 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Also if anyone cares about textbook knowledge, I stopped at a gun-range flea market of all things and--being that nothing else of value was there--I took a gamble on a stack of 10-15 books for $9. Dates ranged from 2008-2011 with many duds; however...

Physical Geography, 9th ed. (Gabler)
Visualizing Elementary Social Studies Methods (John Lee)
Spoiler

Case Studies in Information Technology Ethics, 2nd ed. (Spinello)

These should yield me $90.75 in Amazon credit if everything goes as planned. Needless to say I love finding stuff like this as a cheap source of credit--much easier and less risk involved than trying to convert clearance games (I never find these anyhow) or Gamestop credit.

#2334 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

Found quite a lot today (mostly books and stuff) but there were a few things that stand out.
1979 Uno set (brand new, box is in rough shape though)
Posted Image

And these two Famicom games (they have games like Bomberman, Xevious, Tiger Heli, Mario Bros., etc... on them) that came with Honey Bee adapters
Spoiler

Posted Image

If anyone has info on these games, I'd love to hear it, since I have no clue what they are. They do work though, I just spent a few minutes playing Dig Dug on one of them. :-P

EDIT:, ahh, nevermind. I figured they were bootlegs, just wanted to make sure, but I found out myself...

Edited by ROB64, 22 October 2011 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

#2335 rustyrage

rustyrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

Decent day today.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring DVD - $1
Puff the Magic Dragon Kids DVD - $1 (OOP)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 PS3 - $1

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X PS2
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence PS2 $4 for both

CD's $1 each
Talking Heads - Sand In The Vaseline
Radiohead - The Bend
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Smashing Pumpkins - Perfect

#2336 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Merely okay, but I'm happy.

GameCube no cords or controllers and Madden 11 PS3 - $5. I've been holding onto the GC cords and 1 controller for a few months now, so I can finally sell it.

#2337 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

Today's Finds:

Brand new stratego game, 1999 edition $3, its still sealed.

Silent Hil PS1 greatest hits - $1

Wing Commander prophecy gold edition 50 cents (PC Game)

Lords royal collection 50 cents (PC Game)

#2338 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

And these two Famicom games (they have games like Bomberman, Xevious, Tiger Heli, Mario Bros., etc... on them) that came with Honey Bee adapters

Posted Image

If anyone has info on these games, I'd love to hear it, since I have no clue what they are. They do work though, I just spent a few minutes playing Dig Dug on one of them. :-P

EDIT:, ahh, nevermind. I figured they were bootlegs, just wanted to make sure, but I found out myself...

*Squints* You know, the (famicom to nes?) adaptors themselves might be worth some money; there's guys on Nintendoage looking for those.

#2339 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

*Fights it off with a Chun-Li Lightning kick*

I gots'ta be real with you bro. In just about any game you throw out a Hyakuretsukyaku in attempt to counter a Shin Shoryu, you're gonna end up eating some serious damage.

Just sayin'.

#2340 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

3 SNES Games - 5
The Gift of Mogwai (Book & Record, New) - 1

Went to one yardsale the next town over, asked about video games and when I went into details about what kind of older games I'd be interested in Jr suggested and was given the ok from mom to go inside and round up some SNES games they don't play. He came back and they wanted 3 each and I offered 5 for all, he had to check with mom and she didn't want to do that so I offered 5 for the 3 I got. She said I could have all 5 for 10 which I declined on. The games I passed on were FIFA International Soccer & Super Caesar's Palace. On the way home I did an impromptu stop at a yardsale I was passing right by that I've been to before and grabbed the book, didn't bother to haggle since they were raising money for the SPCA.
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537