Photo
- - - - -

Bionic commando re-armed (psn) $4.99 (reg. price $9.99) & psn update week of 01/03/11

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Just a warning - people at GameFAQs are saying that the PSP version of Angry Birds has some bad slowdown. I got burned on the Zenonia PSP Mini (it also had slowdown and disappearing text), so I'm going to wait for some reviews first.

IDK man, I read all three of those topics on that board, and I finally got to play it on the PS3 last night and experienced no slow down whatsoever..I will admit that something gets lost in the translation b/t analog stick and touch screen. Perhaps it does need a little more fine tuning and some added mechanics to make it controller friendly..but I don't think minis can be patched..I will try it on my PSP Go for sure tonight when I get home.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#32 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

any games with 3 or more offline multiplayer?

got Tetris, Castle Crashers and Bomberman Ultra in mind
wanted Dead Nation but it's only 2players..

#33 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

any games with 3 or more offline multiplayer?

got Tetris, Castle Crashers and Bomberman Ultra in mind
wanted Dead Nation but it's only 2players..

TMNT and X-men should.

#34 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

If you dont have BC:rearmed you need it. This applies to everyone

QFT. This game is a steal for $5. They could have easily charged $15 for it, but only started it at $10. So good that I bought it on both PSN and XBL. Plus, it will be a good warm-up for the sequel which is coming soon!

#35 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

tried the demo, didn't really enjoy it. especially x-men :/

#36 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

tried the demo, didn't really enjoy it. especially x-men :/

Yeah, it's difficult to enjoy X-men without having some nostalgia for it. Then again, even if you did play it back in the day it can still get old rather quick.

#37 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

I already have Rearmed so Arc 3 is it for me this week.

#38 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

No trophies on the NEO GEO games is a fucking travesty. Not spending that kind of money on shit I already own (on AES and the neo geo collection for ps2/psp).

If they had trophy support I would probably buy them all. :bomb: LOVE Classic SNK games. SNKP... not so much.

What what? No trophies? What what? NO THANKS!

#39 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

considering Dead Nation but it's only 2p co-op :/

#40 kintanos

kintanos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Wasn't the BlazBlu DLC already on sale? or was that just on xbox?

Also are any of the DLC characters actually new ones? or are they all obtainable within the game? I see the word "unlock" and I assume it's just fast tracking being able to unlock the characters for the lazy/unskilled. I only have the first BlazBlu atm but I will be getting the new one so I want to snag the new character DLC while it's on sale.

The first Blazblue sale was only for the Xbox.

The characters Makoto and Valkenhayn R Hellsing are indeed new characters. They also do not show the word "unlock".

I've yet to play it, so this is just what I read. To unlock all the unlimited characters is supposed to be ridiculously hard for some of the characters that you do not use or are good with.

However, unlocking Mu is probably for the lazy/unskilled. Or rather, many players just want to play against people, so they do not want to take the time to play through the story with every character and get the true ending. Some don't care for the story. If it is anything like the first game, you had to go through different paths, so it would have taken a lot of time for those that just want to compete.

#41 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

IDK man, I read all three of those topics on that board, and I finally got to play it on the PS3 last night and experienced no slow down whatsoever..I will admit that something gets lost in the translation b/t analog stick and touch screen. Perhaps it does need a little more fine tuning and some added mechanics to make it controller friendly..but I don't think minis can be patched..I will try it on my PSP Go for sure tonight when I get home.

Please let us know how it works-- I'm really leaning towards picking up Angry Birds but mostly for PSP play and am really curious how it plays since there are very few "real" reviews out there... but hearing about slowdown is a disappointment since there's no reason it should be there.

#42 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:27 AM

Any chance Bionic Commando also works on a PSP? I have it on XBLA but for $5 it would be fun to play on both PS3 and my new PSP.

#43 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

I got bionic commando and that shit is fucking fun. Capcom always makes my favorite games.

I wanted tetris but $10 is a bit much. I doubt they will ever have a sale for a game like tetris.

#44 GDKN-403

GDKN-403

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:19 AM

Any chance Bionic Commando also works on a PSP? I have it on XBLA but for $5 it would be fun to play on both PS3 and my new PSP.

The only games that do this are certain PSPminis and most (all?) PSOne Classics.

#45 n1c0

n1c0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

Works with remote play, not a very pleasant experience though.

#46 AoA

AoA

Ace of Aces

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

Just a warning - people at GameFAQs are saying that the PSP version of Angry Birds has some bad slowdown. I got burned on the Zenonia PSP Mini (it also had slowdown and disappearing text), so I'm going to wait for some reviews first.

The PS3 version is having slowdown issues as well. My PSP 1000 locks up if I turn off the PSP for an extended period of time (so far more than 1 hour) while playing the game and I have to hard shut down the PSP to get out. Could be a problem with the PSP itself, but this wasn't a prob before AB's and no other game is having this problem now.

#47 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Please let us know how it works-- I'm really leaning towards picking up Angry Birds but mostly for PSP play and am really curious how it plays since there are very few "real" reviews out there... but hearing about slowdown is a disappointment since there's no reason it should be there.

Transfered it to my PSP Go with a USB cable thru the PS3 (first time I've ever done that) and booted up the game. Played the first 3 levels and noticed NO slow down at all. Then I tried toggling the views with L & R triggers and that just made it all weird, like where the camera would sit (so I don't recommend doing that..) But yeah, I enjoyed it..its $4 bucks! just skip lunch or something, its well worth the $$.

The PS3 version is having slowdown issues as well. My PSP 1000 locks up if I turn off the PSP for an extended period of time (so far more than 1 hour) while playing the game and I have to hard shut down the PSP to get out. Could be a problem with the PSP itself, but this wasn't a prob before AB's and no other game is having this problem now.

Yeah still no slow down for me after I cleared 10 more levels on the PS3 yesterday..as for the PSP, I wonder if its only certain models. I did not try shutting my Go, putting it to sleep or internally pausing the game to memory, guess I'll be trying all that tonight. Also, I'm using a PS3 Slim fresh off the line from the Gran Turismo bundle..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.