Lost Planet 2 (PS3/360) $14.99 w/ free standard shipping @ amazon

This game is actually very fun in multiplayer. Why there is no drop in / drop out co-op is beyond me, but if you get a couple humans playing, it is a great game. The single player is not bad, but I liked LP1's campaign better.

For $10 or $15, this make a good pick up.

I feel Its on par with the first one single player campaign wise only in the sense I kept playing this one, and the last one was more lone wolf from my short experience and you had to keep getting mako energy to survive - not so much this one at least on normal difficulty.

The multiplayer seemed more varied this time around but from my short experience was lag riffic.

$10 is the right price as a budget game. $15 only if you really enjoyed the first one.

I just popped this in last night, got it from the BBV B1G1 sale used for $8, also bought one for $10 new on amazon for a gift. Played campaign coop with 2 other people via PSN and it was fun. After the first level the other 2 guys left so it was myself and 3 AI controlled players. Not as fun with AI but still a decent game. The graphics look great, the gameplay is nothing spectacular. Definitely worth $10 maybe up to $20 if you have 3 friends who you can play with.

I picked it up 2 weeks ago at Best Buy for $9.99. I used the $10 certificate that they gave reward zone members to get it for free.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I feel Its on par with the first one single player campaign wise only in the sense I kept playing this one, and the last one was more lone wolf from my short experience and you had to keep getting mako energy to survive - not so much this one at least on normal difficulty. [/QUOTE]

That's interesting. Every review I've read seems to say the single-player on this one is sub-par and if anything worse than LP1 because LP2 was so directed towards the multi-player experience. The big gripe is that unlike LP1, where you follow Wayne's story and only Wayne's story, LP2 is just a smattering of different characters and their missions, thus you don't end up caring about anyone because you never really learn anything about them.

I have no interest in LP2 because of that (don't play my 360 online). From what I tried at my pal's place, the game seemed sorely lacking on single-player. Pretty fun on multi-player but like I said, I don't see myself ever doing that. Thus, game isn't worth even $10 to me.

[quote name='Ray5555']I picked it up 2 weeks ago at Best Buy for $9.99. I used the $10 certificate that they gave reward zone members to get it for free.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Havent opened it yet, dont know if I'll ever get around to it.

bread's done
Back