Photo
- - - - -

Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#481 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

I remember wanting to unlock Bam Bam and Yokozuna.... and then I found out they just weren't in the SNES version. :(

11317.png

#482 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

So Barrett's new group is called

SD Spoilers
Spoiler

#483 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

So Barrett's new group is called

SD Spoilers

Spoiler

Eh could be worse, could be better.

#484 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

Random thoughts based on searching for classic wrestling themes:

1) Ever hear about how Dino Bravo died? http://en.wikipedia....ino_Bravo#Death

2) Why were the Rougeau Brothers heels? I started watching when they were falling out of fashion as a prominent tag team in the WWF, so I never understood why French Canadians who wanted to immigrate to the US were to be booed. They wanted to be like us? Or is it simpler than that? Is it simply "they're French Canadian, so we boo them even if they want to give us a dollar"?

3) The Fuck were the Beverly Brothers supposed to be? Even at a ripe young age, the best I could come up with was "umm, they're gay, I think." 20 years later, I still haven't been able to refine that theory any further.
Posted Image

#485 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

Random thoughts based on searching for classic wrestling themes:

2) Why were the Rougeau Brothers heels? I started watching when they were falling out of fashion as a prominent tag team in the WWF, so I never understood why French Canadians who wanted to immigrate to the US were to be booed. They wanted to be like us? Or is it simpler than that? Is it simply "they're French Canadian, so we boo them even if they want to give us a dollar"?

3) The Fuck were the Beverly Brothers supposed to be? Even at a ripe young age, the best I could come up with was "umm, they're gay, I think." 20 years later, I still haven't been able to refine that theory any further.

I think the Rougeau Brother turned heel simply by taking Jimmy Hart as a manager and then cheating. Odd to think it could be so simple I know.

I think the Beverly Brothers were just supposed to be douche bags from Ohio. :)

#486 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:28 PM

I think the Beverly Brothers were just supposed to be douche bags from Ohio. :)

There is no emoticon to covney how much I want to :rofl: from this sentence.
Posted Image

#487 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

Something I was thinking about earlier, spurred on by both Macho Man being announced for All-Stars, and realizing that Hart returned over a year ago.

Back in the 1995-2000 run, we had a lot of guys jump to WCW from WWF. Some big, some small, but there were a large number of them. What I was trying to figure out is... well, who jumped that *hasn't* returned to WWF at some point in any capacity? I'm counting HoF stuff here, though that doesn't change the list as much as I thought. I'm obviously, too, not counting people who died, like Rude.

The two biggest names I've come up with so far are Randy Savage and Lex Luger.

Outside of those two, there's cases to made for Sid (I'm hesistant to include him because he didn't jump directly from WWF to WCW), Jarrett (jumped well after WCW's boom period, plus I have a hard time counting Jeff Jarrett for anything), and Warrior (like Sid, never jumped directly to WCW).

As it stands, I'm pretty okay calling it a two person list with Savage and Luger... anyone I missed? Cases to be made for anyone else?

#488 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

Random Pics 8:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image

#489 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

It wasn't a huge angle that I recall. They just started being more obnoxious while having a really phony "we love America!" attitude...carrying the little flags, introducing the awesome theme song, introducing Hart as their manager. I think (not positive) that it was the follow-up angle to the Hart Foundation dumping Hart. Getting with the Rougeaus was his little revenge quest.

They were definitely dull as hell as good guys, so it only made sense to try something else.

They were from an "affluent community" (Shaker Heights, Ohio I think). That's it. Not a lot of thought went into that one.

They also had music that sounded like it was a cutting room floor track from a Sonic The Hedgehog game.

Posted Image

#490 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

I can''t deny it, I love the Beverly Brothers' theme song.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#491 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

Shaker Fucking Heights?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image

#492 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

Ouch.

#493 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:17 PM

I'm trying to remember what Enos & Bloom's name was in AWA without looking it up, I think it was The Wrecking Crew.

EDIT: Real close, it was The Destruction Crew in AWA and Minnesota Wrecking Crew 2 in WCW.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#494 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

Random Pics 8:

Spoiler

Hawk in the sidecar rules.

#495 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

The Beverly Brothers theme is a personal guilty pleasure.

#496 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:53 PM

Random Pics 8:

Spoiler

Poor Aldo, the forgotten member of the Kliq.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-House, M.D. season 7
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#497 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Ouch.

:rofl: at the woman in the front row who immediately politely claps after they spike the guy.
Posted Image

#498 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

If nobody else makes one by the time I come back, I'm making a random pics wretling thread.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#499 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

New thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=284802
Posted Image

Posted Image