Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) - $20 (AMAZON!)

[quote name='Pootie Thang']This is perfect since I needed to pick it up again since I hate Black Ops.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chw2006']Want to buy...but I don't see the need since I have Black Ops. Must...resist...[/QUOTE]

Although the price is decent for a over a year old game, they are all the same mass marketed boring shooters. You played one, you played them all. Kind of like the other mass marketed millions seller title... God of War. If you want some real fun in shooter, try Vanquish. Or real fun in hack n slash, try Ninja Gaiden and/or Bayonetta.

I have to say, that this a great price for MW2, and if any of you didn't pick it up as yet, now's your chance! I bought it last year, and while I enjoyed the multiplayer aspect, I had a blast with the spec ops missions. It took me just over a month to finish all of the spec ops on solo (on veteran difficulty), in order to get the platinum trophy. I definitely got my money's worth, even at $49.99 back then. For $20 on Amazon, this is a steal.

[quote name='James in VA']No Xbox love?
Have both but had to say it since it is usually "No PS3 love?"[/QUOTE]

That's true. I just got a 360 for xmas and have been buying up these older awesome games like crazy and noticed that for every multi-platform game except this one the PS3 version is more expensive on Amazon.

I have a PS3 too, but according to Lensoftruth the 360 version of MW2 is slightly superior.

[quote name='gutter2d']That's true. I just got a 360 for xmas and have been buying up these older awesome games like crazy and noticed that for every multi-platform game except this one the PS3 version is more expensive on Amazon.

I have a PS3 too, but according to Lensoftruth the 360 version of MW2 is slightly superior.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to start anything but how superior?
Graphics,run smoother (fps),

Took me forever to decide but I went for it. I haven't seen the first for less than $20, since BF at least and I dont wont some ugly GH packs, and I havent even seen W@W for cheap. And the free prime is a huge selling point. Plus Im a CoD whore.

Great game for $20. The story mode is okay, but what's really fun is the spec op missions if you have a friend to go through them on veteran.

Online is still active, but MOST of what's left as far as players is quickscopers abusing aim assist. Also, hacked lobbies.

[quote name='nddave']Not trying to start anything but how superior?
Graphics,run smoother (fps),[/QUOTE]

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16236

Verdict:

The win was marginal with slightly better visuals, quicker loading times and a higher average fps on the Xbox 360. As stated before, you will not be disappointed with either version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

bread's done
Back