(dead) Mortal Kombat vs. Dc Universe + Batman Gotham Night dvd 12.99 @ newegg

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Wow great deal. I have wanted this game for awhile now. I wonder if I should just wait for the new Mortal Kombat though[/QUOTE]

It is a fun game with a great cinematic story mode, for $13 you can't really go wrong.

Amazon has them for $15 each as well, but doesn't come with the Batman DVD.

[quote name='confoosious']tempted but whats up with the reviews on the 360 version not even reading. recent reviews too.[/QUOTE]
wierd.. im sure newegg would refund you though if there wass a problem

[quote name='confoosious']tempted but whats up with the reviews on the 360 version not even reading. recent reviews too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's weird, NewEgg's support is very odd. Just not sure why they contacted Electronic Arts as Warner Bros. owns Midway and the MK rights now, not EA.

[quote name='McCarron']Yeah that's weird, NewEgg's support is very odd. Just not sure why they contacted Electronic Arts as Warner Bros. owns Midway and the MK rights now, not EA.[/QUOTE]

maybe that's why none of the disks work. :)

Figured I'd take the chance. Been kinda wanting the game for a while and while I already have the movie (on :br:) can't really pass the chance on the deal.

I think the story mode is gonna be better in this one then the new one but the fighting will prolly be better in the new one

[quote name='bredbu']I think the story mode is gonna be better in this one then the new one but the fighting will prolly be better in the new one[/QUOTE]

I don't agree. The whole DC universe in MK thing was a tad forced, IMHO. The cinematics looked good, but the story was hogwash (though then again, when do fighting games have a good story). Shaolin Monks had a much better storyline, IMHO.

I expect the relaunch of MK to feature a real good story. It's always been one of MK's pluses over SF.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I don't agree. The whole DC universe in MK thing was a tad forced, IMHO. The cinematics looked good, but the story was hogwash (though then again, when do fighting games have a good story). Shaolin Monks had a much better storyline, IMHO.

I expect the relaunch of MK to feature a real good story. It's always been one of MK's pluses over SF.[/QUOTE]

i guess i just like the idea of the 2 universes coming together but your prolly right

I held off due to freezing concerns...saw it's online via Games On Demand but at $29.99...lol...I guess I'll be holding off all together...oh well.

I got the PS3 version so I can keep my 360 CE all nice and sealed. Didn't find any google searches that said the PS3 one had issues, so that is good!

[quote name='token2k6']I got the PS3 version so I can keep my 360 CE all nice and sealed. Didn't find any google searches that said the PS3 one had issues, so that is good![/QUOTE]
lol, keeping a CE of this game sealed? In 20 years, that has a 100% chance of ending up in a landfill somewhere.

I ordered it on PS3 and they sent me the greatest hits version of it! No mention on the page. Going to try to return it, but like other people said Newegg isnt as easy as Amazon :/

[quote name='Triple-X']I ordered it on PS3 and they sent me the greatest hits version of it! No mention on the page. Going to try to return it, but like other people said Newegg isnt as easy as Amazon :/[/QUOTE]

Be forewarned, Newegg's going to make you eat the shipping costs on it when they give you the refund; they deduct the shipping at the usual Egg Shipping Level (I think that's $5-6) when they process the refund.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Be forewarned, Newegg's going to make you eat the shipping costs on it when they give you the refund; they deduct the shipping at the usual Egg Shipping Level (I think that's $5-6) when they process the refund.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I got a defective disc and this is EXACTLY what is happening to me. This will be the absolute last time I ever buy anything from Newegg. I think I will also be reporting this practice to the BBB. fuckers.

Bah I ordered it a few days ago for the same price from newegg but without the DVD movie ugh. Ah well still a great price.

[quote name='wr3ck']Yea, I got a defective disc and this is EXACTLY what is happening to me. This will be the absolute last time I ever buy anything from Newegg. I think I will also be reporting this practice to the BBB. fuckers.[/QUOTE]

Just go onto their chat and nicely complain, they always hook me up with a return label

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Wow great deal. I have wanted this game for awhile now. I wonder if I should just wait for the new Mortal Kombat though[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite fighting games from this generation (yeah, I said it) and the story is mindless fun.

I'm still picking up the new MK on day one, but this is a no brainer at this price if you haven't picked it up yet.

Newegg's the shit. Every now and then they have these stellar deals for things I don't want or need but I end up buying it anyway. Glad I got here too late cuz I'm not a big fan of this game.

Newegg's CS is #1, IMO. You got a defective disk, wreck? Email and explain in a calm and mature manner and they will side with you. I've done it a few times (minor issues) but they really went out of their way to keep me happy. Try it.

[quote name='Triple-X']I ordered it on PS3 and they sent me the greatest hits version of it! No mention on the page. Going to try to return it, but like other people said Newegg isnt as easy as Amazon :/[/QUOTE]

Pardon my ignorance but what's the big deal if it's the "Greatest Hits" version or not? Same game no?

It's a good game but not great. I shouldn't have traded it in few months ago especially since MK 9 TE's coming out in April.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Pardon my ignorance but what's the big deal if it's the "Greatest Hits" version or not? Same game no?

It's a good game but not great. I shouldn't have traded it in few months ago especially since MK 9 TE's coming out in April.[/QUOTE]

some people nitpick over the different case it comes in

I'm fine with GH versions, but I value them lower, since they are the budget reprint version. If a GH version is much cheaper, I'll go for that. I just don't like getting GH versions when I am expecting a normal version.

LMAO, are you serious?!? A game is a game to me (as in, disc and/or packaging) as long as I get the same stuff (on the disc) I would in the non-GH version. To each their own I guess...

I don't care what kind of case it comes in, I just want my damn game! It's been 2 weeks since I ordered it and have yet receive it.

bread's done
Back