• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Damn wanted the PS3 version, oh well :(

#32 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

I got the PS3 version so I can keep my 360 CE all nice and sealed. Didn't find any google searches that said the PS3 one had issues, so that is good!

lol, keeping a CE of this game sealed? In 20 years, that has a 100% chance of ending up in a landfill somewhere.

#33 Triple-X

Triple-X

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

I ordered it on PS3 and they sent me the greatest hits version of it! No mention on the page. Going to try to return it, but like other people said Newegg isnt as easy as Amazon :/

#34 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

I ordered it on PS3 and they sent me the greatest hits version of it! No mention on the page. Going to try to return it, but like other people said Newegg isnt as easy as Amazon :/

Be forewarned, Newegg's going to make you eat the shipping costs on it when they give you the refund; they deduct the shipping at the usual Egg Shipping Level (I think that's $5-6) when they process the refund.

#35 wr3ck

wr3ck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

Be forewarned, Newegg's going to make you eat the shipping costs on it when they give you the refund; they deduct the shipping at the usual Egg Shipping Level (I think that's $5-6) when they process the refund.

Yea, I got a defective disc and this is EXACTLY what is happening to me. This will be the absolute last time I ever buy anything from Newegg. I think I will also be reporting this practice to the BBB. Fuckers.

#36 arcadegamer

arcadegamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

i have both already so nice deal anyway
Posted Image

#37 powersurge

powersurge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:40 AM

Bah I ordered it a few days ago for the same price from newegg but without the DVD movie ugh. Ah well still a great price.

#38 liberaltugboat

liberaltugboat

Don't Tug on Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:47 AM

Yea, I got a defective disc and this is EXACTLY what is happening to me. This will be the absolute last time I ever buy anything from Newegg. I think I will also be reporting this practice to the BBB. Fuckers.

Just go onto their chat and nicely complain, they always hook me up with a return label
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/LiberalTugboat

Liberating the world... one Tug at a time.

#39 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:25 AM

Wow great deal. I have wanted this game for awhile now. I wonder if I should just wait for the new Mortal Kombat though

One of my favorite fighting games from this generation (yeah, I said it) and the story is mindless fun.

I'm still picking up the new MK on day one, but this is a no brainer at this price if you haven't picked it up yet.
Posted Image

#40 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

Newegg's the shit. Every now and then they have these stellar deals for things I don't want or need but I end up buying it anyway. Glad I got here too late cuz I'm not a big fan of this game.

Newegg's CS is #1, IMO. You got a defective disk, wreck? Email and explain in a calm and mature manner and they will side with you. I've done it a few times (minor issues) but they really went out of their way to keep me happy. Try it.

#41 GameOverSuckas

GameOverSuckas

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:46 AM

*Says deactivated and out of stock for PS3 version*

#42 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

Pardon my ignorance but what's the big deal if it's the "Greatest Hits" version or not? Same game no?

It's a good game but not great. I shouldn't have traded it in few months ago especially since MK 9 TE's coming out in April.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#43 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

Pardon my ignorance but what's the big deal if it's the "Greatest Hits" version or not? Same game no?

It's a good game but not great. I shouldn't have traded it in few months ago especially since MK 9 TE's coming out in April.

some people nitpick over the different case it comes in

#44 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

some people nitpick over the different case it comes in

LOL, thx for the info!
- Jimmy

#45 Antipodes

Antipodes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

I'm fine with GH versions, but I value them lower, since they are the budget reprint version. If a GH version is much cheaper, I'll go for that. I just don't like getting GH versions when I am expecting a normal version.

#46 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

LMAO, are you serious?!? A game is a game to me (as in, disc and/or packaging) as long as I get the same stuff (on the disc) I would in the non-GH version. To each their own I guess...
- Jimmy

#47 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:04 AM

I don't care what kind of case it comes in, I just want my damn game! It's been 2 weeks since I ordered it and have yet receive it.
Posted Image

#48 ClevelandBrowns

ClevelandBrowns

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

I received mine on Saturday. It was the greatest hits (not a problem for me). Thanks OP

CBrownsT10.png

#49 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

My :360: copy came in yesterday. It's an original, though I don't know if the game made it to PH on the 360. It installed and plays just fine. Gonna watch the Batman DVD tonight! Thanks again OP.

#50 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

yeah, I got GH hits on the PS3. While I was initially pissed and thought it was shady to not indicate this, I figure the red signifies the blood in Mortal Kombat :lol: It was the first red case I got to add to my collection, really can't complain for $13..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#51 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

I missed this!!! this was my price point!
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]