12.99 Games AvP RE5 Lost planet 2 mini ninjas ect. 14.99 3d dot heroes ect. @ newegg

Not a bad price for Bayonetta. During the TRU B1G1 1/2 off sale, me and a friend each got a copy. Paid $7.50 each.

[quote name='Alucardo666']Muramasa (wii) is also going for $12.99, if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]
added to op

[quote name='bredbu']yea lost planet 2 was pretty fun if you play with a friend but not for solo play imo[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know and that's why I'm probably going to hold off. Too bad because I loved the first Lost Planet.

Ah I actually decided to pick up Supreme Commander 2 and the Lego Batman/Dark Knight DVD combo. Thx OP.

Bought 3D Dot Game Heroes used at Gamefly at that same price and am about to platinum it. All that nostalgia for the original Zelda gold cartridge came rushing back to me. Well worth it to me. Same goes for Darksiders, another fun game that I thoroughly enjoyed.

[quote name='ragtop70']Noone has even mentioned RE5. Is it bad or has everyone already played it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much everyone has played it lol. It's been on clearance at Target a couple times, and of course the gold edition. So yeah, everyone has played it.

[quote name='ragtop70']Noone has even mentioned RE5. Is it bad or has everyone already played it?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge I've heard it's pretty much like Lost Planet 2, good with buddies since the AI is lacking. It's still a good game to have in your co-op collection.

[quote name='Spybreak8']To my knowledge I've heard it's pretty much like Lost Planet 2, good with buddies since the AI is lacking. It's still a good game to have in your co-op collection.[/QUOTE]

Disagree here. RE5 has much more story than LP2. The crux of the problem with LP2 is that unlike in LP1 where you follow Wayne's story, in LP2, you're just controlling different characters on different squads for each mission and thus you never have any reason to connect with any of the characters. There's also no over-arching plot or anything that ties them together at the end, either.

Now that said, frankly, I've always thought RE stories are a load of crap. You play for the scares, and in that dept., RE5 is a disappointment.

IMHO, Dead Space is the RE of this generation; it does RE better than RE5.

Caved on 3D Dot Heroes. Never see it anywhere retail and almost paid $40+ at launch so this sounds about the right price. Thanks OP for putting all the prices together and it's nice to see the return of decent prices coming from Newegg.

If you ask me resident evil 5 was pretty bad. It wasn't scary at all. The reason I always played Resident Evil games was because I liked how creepy they were. RE5 wasn't creepy at all. It was basically an action game, not a horror game. It's still a decent game, but RE4 blows it out of the water.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Dang Lost Planet 2 is tempting at that price hehe.[/QUOTE]

It has been on-sale for $9.99 through several sites over the past 2 months. It may be a difference of $3, but I'd hold off if I were you.

I want to pick-up the RE shooting games, but I'm holding out hope that there's going to be an HD-fied bundle for the PS Move. *crosses fingers*

And for those on the fence with Darksiders, I'm currently playing through right now and this game is definitely a hidden gem. The game is definitely a hybrid of The Legend of Zelda and God of War.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=aliens_vs._predator-_-79-257-066-_-Product

Two bucks more for the Playstation AvP.

[quote name='tightclaws']In for a Darksiders WTF at that price. Heard only good things![/QUOTE]

Now you've heard bad things. My Darksiders thread from a couple of months ago...not sure what the split is, but LOTS of people don't like this game. There's nothing at all about it that would make me recommend it, so I'd try the demo first.

[quote name='Wolfpup']http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=aliens_vs._predator-_-79-257-066-_-ProductNow you've heard bad things. My Darksiders thread from a couple of months ago...not sure what the split is, but LOTS of people don't like this game. There's nothing at all about it that would make me recommend it, so I'd try the demo first.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought the game was awesome. Plays better than most jrpgs you find today. It reminds me of Zelda on the N64. I guess if you don't like those kinda games then it's not for you.

[quote name='inanim8']Really? I thought the game was awesome. Plays better than most jrpgs you find today. It reminds me of Zelda on the N64. I guess if you don't like those kinda games then it's not for you.[/QUOTE]

I liked Occarina of Time. Darksiders didn't remind me of it.

[quote name='Spybreak8']To my knowledge I've heard it's pretty much like Lost Planet 2, good with buddies since the AI is lacking. It's still a good game to have in your co-op collection.[/QUOTE]

The AI does kinda suck, but I played through it multiple times solo and had a blast every time.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Disagree here. RE5 has much more story than LP2. The crux of the problem with LP2 is that unlike in LP1 where you follow Wayne's story, in LP2, you're just controlling different characters on different squads for each mission and thus you never have any reason to connect with any of the characters. There's also no over-arching plot or anything that ties them together at the end, either.

Now that said, frankly, I've always thought RE stories are a load of crap. You play for the scares, and in that dept., RE5 is a disappointment.

IMHO, Dead Space is the RE of this generation; it does RE better than RE5.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I was just comparing it based on lacking AI support.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Disagree here. RE5 has much more story than LP2. The crux of the problem with LP2 is that unlike in LP1 where you follow Wayne's story, in LP2, you're just controlling different characters on different squads for each mission and thus you never have any reason to connect with any of the characters. There's also no over-arching plot or anything that ties them together at the end, either.

IMHO, Dead Space is the RE of this generation; it does RE better than RE5.[/QUOTE]

RE5 areas were kinda a huge drag for me and people i talked to. The most thing people complain about is not being able to shoot while walking or running. You can get used to it but the replay on this game for achievements and unlocking everything is a huge chore and it gets so boring after you beat a mission 2-3 times. Playing RE5 solo is so boring and finding someone willing to play this with you is slim to none. You can jump into random games but enjoy playing with these people and good luck...

LP2 is 4 player co op or dm type stuff and it really is an amazing game when playing even with random people on it. I rarely ever come across some rude person doing stuff to annoy people like in halo and other games. It is a nice community with people actually helping as in team work which most games have a lack of these days.

LP2 worth $40 what i paid for it still it is a great game.

RE5 is worth about $10 and good luck finding someone willing to play with you. If they agree expect them to maybe make it through a 15-30 min level then leave you and not play it again for months or even longer.

RE5 areas were kinda a huge drag for me and people i talked to. The most thing people complain about is not being able to shoot while walking or running.

030909_residentevil5_obs01--article_image.jpg

Best shown in GameRadar's review.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Hey guys the only game here which I never played/beat is 3d dot heroes. Is it worth it for $15?[/QUOTE]

I was able to snag a copy for roughly the same price at GameStop (normally $17.99 used), but apparently used copies are difficult to find. I've also seen used copies in the $15-ish range on Amazon.

I haven't played it myself yet, but the impression I get is that if you are in the mood for a faux-retro game that unabashedly rips off old-school Zelda (all very blatantly and lovingly), it's totally worth $15. Has that really quirky awesome 3-D voxel/pixel art style, makes tons of super-geeky gamer in-jokes, etc.

I played through re 5 with 3 different and very willing friends so to the guy who said you won't find friends to play with is making assumptions and could be wrong depending on your friends. Me and my friends all loved re5 and I did not know about cheap games when it came out so we paid 60 a piece

[quote name='GoreObsessed']Hey guys the only game here which I never played/beat is 3d dot heroes. Is it worth it for $15?[/QUOTE]

Great game if u liked Zelda you will like this

Resident Evil 5's highlight for me is Mercenaries mode. I STILL break that out with my gaming buddy all the time. It's fantastic fun. The game's mechanics work so well for it.

Compared to RE4, it's not really a good game. It's like Viewtiful Joe 2 compared to VJ1. The second team had no idea what made the first game work. Campaign is just garbage. Mercs is still fun though.

Lost Planet 2? Hated it from top to bottom. It has a few decent moments and some clumsy, really awful attempts at massive co-op set pieces, but the resulting game is just poorl

The crux of the problem with LP2 is that unlike in LP1 where you follow Wayne's story, in LP2, you're just controlling different characters on different squads for each mission and thus you never have any reason to connect with any of the characters. There's also no over-arching plot or anything that ties them together at the end, either.
Wha!? The ending of the game is the epitome of an over-arching plot that ties multiple characters together! I will agree though that there's a lack of attachment to the characters, personally though I see that as a good thing... as much as I enjoy playing Capcom games, I've yet to find one I haven't found to be hokey.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang. Mortal Kombat's $2 more on Playstation. Presumably you need the better d-pad?[/QUOTE] Or you can get then new 360 controller ;) But this isn't a super serious fighter anyways.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Or you can get then new 360 controller ;) But this isn't a super serious fighter anyways.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that's not really better? That Microsoft (inexplicably) didn't seem to understand what's wrong?

I'm not even sure if you use the d-pad for this, or the stick...so maybe it doesn't matter?

Oh I should just buy the Playstation one, but for some reason $15 feels more expensive to my brain than $12.99 :lol:

bread's done
Back