You Don't Know Jack (2011) by THQ $29.99 Preorder - X360/PS3

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

I don't normally post deals like this, but I didn't see this one posted.

You Don't Know Jack is available for preorder for $29.99 ($10 off). The Wii version's MSRP is $29.99

Posted Image

Posted Image Normally $39.99

As an FYI Amazon price matched GameStop on the preorder price of the 360 version of YDKJ. I'm not sure why the PS3 version isn't matched.

Posted Image

Edited by reddjoey, 12 January 2011 - 12:49 AM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#2 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

This will be $10 by the summer.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#3 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

I remember this, along with Rebel Assault, were some of the very first CD-ROM based games to come out in the mid-90's. Then YDKJ went the Sim City route and there was YDKJ 'everything'..

I got semi-excited when I saw this knew title was in development, I might just have to go ahead and pre-order. thanks for the heads up redjoey!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#4 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

YDKJ and a few friends - easily worth $30. Preordered.
Posted Image

#5 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:18 PM

Original price is $20 lower than other retail games, and now it gets an additional $10 discount before it's even released.

Yeah I'm going to say this is a T.O.A. (turd on arrival)

#6 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Original price is $20 lower than other retail games, and now it gets an additional $10 discount before it's even released.

It's a quiz game without accessories. What do you expect?

I enjoyed playing YDKJ with my brother on the PS1 ages ago. I hope this new iteration keeps the same type of questions and humor intact.

#7 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

You never played the online series that was available a year ago, did you?

There was a demo episode at http://www.youdontknowjack.com/ but it's been taken down for some reason. Now there's a video of a banana in a toaster.

#8 Walt Jay

Walt Jay

Gamerscore Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

FWIW, the latest OMX gave it an 8.

+ Really good trivia-game formula; funny questions and delivery.
+ Accessibility and rapid-fire pace make it a perfect party game.
- Presentation-wise, it's a little light on variety and visual flair.
? The YDKJ website lists "New fonts!" as one of the game's features. How awesome is that?

Seems like a solid trivia game, especially with multiplayer.
Posted Image

#9 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Seems like a solid trivia game, especially with multiplayer.

Online multiplayer if you own the 360 or PS3 version. Strange they'd leave out the PC version like that.

#10 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:34 PM

It's a quiz game without accessories. What do you expect?

I enjoyed playing YDKJ with my brother on the PS1 ages ago. I hope this new iteration keeps the same type of questions and humor intact.

Maybe a PSN/XBLA release would have been better then. Obviously I haven't played the game so I can't judge realistically whether it's good/bad, I'm just saying, based on the original price and the fact that it's dropped another $10 before release, it raises a red flag in my mind. If the game turns out to be a great then all the better for those here taking a chance on it.

#11 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Online multiplayer if you own the 360 or PS3 version. Strange they'd leave out the PC version like that.

Yeah, I haven't seen the PC version available for pre-order anywhere, which makes me a little nervous. D2D has a page for it, but said page is all but blank: http://www.direct2drive.com/10100/product/Buy-You-Don't-Know-Jack-Download

I'll grab the 360 version if I must, but Jack and the PC are natural allies.

Anyhoo, thanks, OP!

#12 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:38 PM

Read the oxm review over the weekend and it seems limited in content, ie questions, but should be great fun, probably going to wait for the under $20 price point.

#13 aus_nacht

aus_nacht

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

They still make those? =O)
"Just a heads up: we're gonna have a superconductor turned up full blast and pointed at you for the duration of this next test. I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out. " - C. Johnson

#14 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Read the oxm review over the weekend and it seems limited in content, ie questions, but should be great fun, probably going to wait for the under $20 price point.

No doubt they'll release a bunch of DLC packs with additional questions and such. When you think of it from that p.o.v., itt actually does make sense to sell this game for cheap with limited amounts of questions, then get people to buy more quiz packs down the line. Sort of the same strategy as selling a printer for dirt cheap and making money off the ink in the future.

#15 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

In for one.

#16 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Apparently this has some sort of Kinect feature. Not sure what that is. Raise hand to answer a question? I have no idea. Might be pretty stupid. Anyway, I suck at trivia.
Posted Image

#17 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Actually, here it is on the PC for $20 at the THQ store: http://store.thq.com...uctID.223249900

Edit: Anyone know whether the THQ Store charges for pre-orders right away, or whether they wait until shipment, Amazon-style?

#18 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

No doubt they'll release a bunch of DLC packs with additional questions and such.

There's 10 or so question packs already confirmed.

#19 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:59 PM

There's 10 or so question packs already confirmed.

Source?

#20 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

Actually, here it is on the PC for $20 at the THQ store: http://store.thq.com...uctID.223249900

Edit: Anyone know whether the THQ Store charges for pre-orders right away, or whether they wait until shipment, Amazon-style?

Just in case you missed it, that appears to be a download rather than a retail copy. Wasn't sure based on the "shipment" usage.

edit: They also show a picture of the box saying PC DVD which could add to the confusion. *shrugs*

#21 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:05 PM

Just in case you missed it, that appears to be a download rather than a retail copy. Wasn't sure based on the "shipment" usage.

It does indeed. I'm at a place in my life where boxes mean nothing to me, so I'm fine with a download. But I am well aware that others feel differently, and so I should have mentioned the digital-only nature of THQ's offer. Sorry about that.

Also, it does look like they charge you soon after you place the order: https://store.thq.co..._US&Env=BASE#q3

#22 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

Source?

Press release. Also, I was mistaken: there's four DLC packs each featuring 10 episodes.

#23 dafunkk12

dafunkk12

Coconut Monkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Always used to play the old ones with my friends at lunch period in high school and online when they had the web version (amongst other Berksys games). When I first heard YDKJ was coming back I was going to buy it regardless, but $10 off makes this a no-brainer. Sold!
Posted Image
|Inspection 12 -- The Best Band You'll Never Hear|
My Game Collection (not at all complete and hardly updated)

#24 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

Press release. Also, I was mistaken: there's four DLC packs each featuring 10 episodes.

Not to be a jerk, but I'm not seeing it.

http://investor.thq....icle&ID=1488321

#25 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

Not to be a jerk, but I'm not seeing it.

http://investor.thq....icle&ID=1488321

Not sure where THEY got the information, but this article also mentions the 4 DLC:
http://www.trueachie...c-confirmed.htm

Also, GameStop's listing (also $30) mentions, "4 Extra Downloadable Packs (X360/PS3) / 10 Episodes Each" under product details:
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=84694

#26 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

I used a $10 code and SAVER and got this for $21.38.

Not bad... I know my wife will dig this..

#27 zenintrude

zenintrude

habitual line stepper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Will these support the Buzz or Scene-It controllers?

THIS IS IMPORTANT.
YOU'RE GOING TO A NIGHTMARE PROM!

Posted Image Posted Image

my trade list... lots of games for most systems

#28 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Had a $10 promo code so it was ~$22 :D

Thanks OP. Almost paid $40.
Posted Image

#29 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

Not sure where THEY got the information, but this article also mentions the 4 DLC:
http://www.trueachie...c-confirmed.htm

Also, GameStop's listing (also $30) mentions, "4 Extra Downloadable Packs (X360/PS3) / 10 Episodes Each" under product details:
http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=84694

Thanks for that. As with the online multiplayer, the wording here is interesting:

4 Extra Downloadable Packs (X360/PS3) / 10 Episodes Each

Why not PC? Perhaps they're just going out of their way to say "Online features and downloadable content (except on the Wii)."

#30 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Will these support the Buzz or Scene-It controllers?

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Funny, I bought Scene-it as soon as I confirmed that I don't have to use those pointless controllers. I prefer using my regular wireless 360 controllers that also happen to have 4 colored buttons on them that I already know the color configuration of without looking.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png