You Don't Know Jack (2011) by THQ $29.99 Preorder - X360/PS3

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#31 KeeperX

KeeperX

Yuppie Mephistopheles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Funny, I bought Scene-it as soon as I confirmed that I don't have to use those pointless controllers. I prefer using my regular wireless 360 controllers that also happen to have 4 colored buttons on them that I already know the color configuration of without looking.

It's also way cheaper to buy the Buzz/Scene-it Controllers than it is to buy regular controllers for those that don't do regular multiplay. It seems the UI on the game is set up for regular controllers, as well.

#32 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Will these support the Buzz or Scene-It controllers?

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

IIRC the Scene-It controllers are just a D-Pad (that is the button) and the XBYA
Posted Image
Feel free to add me: Just send a msg saying you are from CAG after the FR
| Xbox Deal of the Week |

#33 darrenf619

darrenf619

!yrasreviGAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

This game was incredibly fun on the PS1. "Screwing" people over in the game was always funny. Then again, it's been many years since I've played so who knows how well it'll play out on the PS3/360.
psn: darrenat0r

#34 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

It is not important because they do not have a dedicated button for Screwing Your Neighbor.

#35 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

IIRC the Scene-It controllers are just a D-Pad (that is the button) and the XBYA

Yep. With optional use of the trigger instead of D-pad if playing with a standard controller.

In a pinch I'm sure the average host has 2 controllers, a Guitar and a DJ Turntable to use for player 3 & 4. DJ Turntable is the best, it includes a bonus built-in mini lazy susan for snacks and drinks.

YDKJ has always relied on the buzz-in method before doing anything else, including answering or choosing to screw, but if they did let you use the buzz controllers, the screw option could be activated by pressing the buzz-in button again.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#36 jonnyd86

jonnyd86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

i doubt most of the people saying it will suck are old enough to remember the PC versions.

#37 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:27 PM

thanks for the amazon heads up. ordered.

ach.png

#38 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:28 PM

I used to like this game on the PC in high school, might have to pick it up

#39 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

I actually asked if the Scene It controllers were supported on their Facebook page and they confirmed that those will work with YDKJ.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The Late Shift:
I have a radio show. A real radio show. Listen, won't you?
Mondays from 10PM to Midnight CST at WVLP.org!
Click here for the show's Facebook page!

[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#40 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

Darn, I was hoping the adapted the HBO original movie starring Al Pacino into a videogame. Gosh darn it.

#41 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

Thanks OP. My wife loved the old, original game back on the PC. The OXM review was highly positive, plus $10 off makes this a good deal. Kudos for the heads up!

#42 yuyak

yuyak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

Thanks OP. My wife loved the old, original game back on the PC. The OXM review was highly positive, plus $10 off makes this a good deal. Kudos for the heads up!

Is there a link to the OXM review? I can't seem to find it via simple google search. Any indications as to how the "Kinect support" works on this game?

#43 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Is there a link to the OXM review? I can't seem to find it via simple google search. Any indications as to how the "Kinect support" works on this game?

The review did not mention anything about kinect.
Posted Image

#44 mannysgoldglove

mannysgoldglove

NooB KilleR

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

Im gonna get this, not at release but when theres a B2G1 or something. We had fun with the old console version

#45 dtcarson

dtcarson

No cute in-joke here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

I think I had every PC incarnation except Sports...Even The Ride was fun for a while.
Great games. Loved the shortlived TV show. ["Someone on this show will drive away in this BRAND NEW CAR"]

I think the OXM review mentioned how many questions [or episodes] were in this release, anyone have that number?

In. It was great on the PC, but should be even better on the big screen.

I could see it dropping in price quick, not because it's not good, but because it's a trivia game. Then again, there are probably enough older gamers who played the PC, PS, or web versions to give it legs with slow steady sales.

#46 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

Buying it day one anyhow. My friends love YDKJ (with Volume 3 being the favorite, "Impossible Questions" and all).

Amazon hurry and match the PS3 price so I can pre-order!

#47 shiftyfink

shiftyfink

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

I remember playing this on the PC too. Dont remember a whole lot except for it cracked me up and my wife didnt mind playing it. Good enough for me.

#48 spacebooger

spacebooger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

Does anyone know if the Wii version will be online or not?

#49 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:09 AM

buzz buzzers compatible?

#50 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

Buying it day one anyhow. My friends love YDKJ (with Volume 3 being the favorite, "Impossible Questions" and all).

Amazon hurry and match the PS3 price so I can pre-order!

I sent in the GS price to Amazon when I posted this. I'd encourage others to do the same to get the price matched sooner

Edited by reddjoey, 11 January 2011 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image

#51 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:40 AM

I think I had every PC incarnation except Sports...Even The Ride was fun for a while.
Great games. Loved the shortlived TV show. ["Someone on this show will drive away in this BRAND NEW CAR"]

I think the OXM review mentioned how many questions [or episodes] were in this release, anyone have that number?

In. It was great on the PC, but should be even better on the big screen.

I could see it dropping in price quick, not because it's not good, but because it's a trivia game. Then again, there are probably enough older gamers who played the PC, PS, or web versions to give it legs with slow steady sales.

76 and planned dlc episode packs.
Posted Image

#52 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:51 AM

I used a $10 code and SAVER and got this for $21.38.

Not bad... I know my wife will dig this..

Me too. Loved this on the pc.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#53 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:45 AM

My question is will this game be just as good and as hilarious as the PC and the FIRST PS1 versions of the game, or will it be similar to that piece of crap "Mock 2" on the PS1?

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#54 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:17 AM

Definitely in for one. I loved YDKJ. Thanks, OP.

#55 hmbtnguy

hmbtnguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Does anyone know if this uses the original show host? I remember I wasn't a fan of the later iterations due to a change in host.
Posted Image

#56 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:24 AM

Depends on who you hated.

FROM THE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY ON YDKJ:
There have been many different hosts of You Don't Know Jack over the years. The following is a list of hosts and the games they appear in.

• Nate Shapiro (voiced by Harry Gottlieb) – Nate Shapiro was the first host of the series. He hosts Vol. 1, the Netshow, the tabletop game, and hosts for part of YDKJ: The Ride. He is not to be confused with "Nate the Intern" from the Flash incarnation (voiced by Production & SQA Coordinator Nathan Fernald).
  • Guy Towers (voiced by Andy Poland) – He appears in Sports, Sports: The NetShow, and part of The Ride.
  • Buzz Lippman (voiced by Peter B. Spector) – This host has appeared in two versions: Vol. 2 and The Ride, the latter which he only appeared in briefly.
  • Cookie Masterson (voiced by Tom Gottlieb) – He is one of the most well-known of the hosts. He originally served as the sign-in host, taking down players' names in the opening green room segments of Vol. 1, Vol. 2, and Sports. He hosts Movies, Vol. 3, the Netshow, the first PlayStation version, part of The Ride, and Offline. He also was the announcer for the YDKJ TV show in 2001. He also hosts the webshows and daily DisOrDats that appeared on the YDKJ website from December 2006 through September 2008, (With one special episode in November 2010.) He will also be the host of the YDKJ game coming in January 2011.
  • Josh "Schmitty" Schmitstinstein (voiced by Phil Ridarelli) – Josh Schmitstinstein, or "Schmitty", is the most recent of all the American CD-ROM hosts. He hosts in TV, part of The Ride, The Netshow, Louder! Faster! Funnier! (a second Offline game), 5th Dementia, Mock 2 (the second PlayStation game), & The Lost Gold. He also hosted one particular question in Cookie's volume of Offline.
  • Bob (voiced by Andy Poland) – The host of HeadRush.
  • Jack Cake (voiced by Paul Kaye) – The host of the only British version of YDKJ.
  • Quizmaster Jack (voiced by Axel Malzacher in Vol. 1 and Kai Taschner in Vol. 2, 3: 'Downward', PlayStation, & 4) – The host of the German volumes.
  • Troy Stevens (played by Paul Reubens) – The host of the 2001 YDKJ TV show.

Cookie is hosting this new release. You might recognize Cookie's voice from Whacked Out Sports.

Posted Image

#57 anthonyd46

anthonyd46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

If i already pre ordered this and paid it off when it was 39.99 do i get my $10 back if i go to the store and alert them of this or is this not the store price?

#58 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Depends on who you hated.

Cookie is hosting this new release. You might recognize Cookie's voice from Whacked Out Sports.

That's great news! Cookie is awesome.

#59 confuseousprime

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

For those eagerly anticipating the return of Cookie, or for Trivia fiends, You Don't Know Jack (slated for release on 2/8/10) Amazon has discounted the Xbox 360 pre-order by $ 10. This brings the price to $29.00.

The PS3 version remains priced at $ 39.99, and the Wii version is full priced at $29.99. Link is below.

Link

For those who haven't played the game before, You Don't know Jack is an Irreverent Party Trivia Game, which had it's heyday in the 90's but it's hoping to make a comeback.

It's best known for it's blend of humor and high degree of difficulty. There's a demo available on the official website if you want to try it out.

You Don't Know Jack Official Website

#60 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

I loved these games on PC back in the day, but this really seems like it would've been better suited for PSN/XBLA. Even $30 is a lot for a trivia game. But thanks for the heads up.