Aliens vs Predator: Hunter Edition (PS3/360) - Now $29.99 shipped at Newegg

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Newegg has the Hunter edition of AvP down to $29.99 for both the PS3 and 360 versions. I believe that's the lowest it's sold for.

PS3

And if you happen to get a facehugger that's broken (many are), just
go to www.help.sega.com and register, submit a new support ticket and one of the options is a AVP facehugger replacement
aliens-vs-predator-hunter-edition-collectors.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, why not. I've always been keen to steelbooks and I can probably sell the facehugger (hopefully this one isn't broken)... although now I'll have to cancel the order I placed this morning at Newegg for the vanilla version. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote name='trunks982']isnt that the same price as amazon last time?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I looked at some older threads here and I saw it was $37

I really like this edition, and even the game sounds like they tried to make something that would appeal to fans. Not many games have three separate campaigns in it, each with very different gameplay styles. It's too bad the end result didn't turn out all that great, but their heart certainly was in the right place I'd say.

Anyone know who, the company sending out new facehugger models out was? And if they still are? I believe EVERY facehugger comes broken due to the way they were packaged.

[quote name='zmarselle']Anyone know who, the company sending out new facehugger models out was? And if they still are? I believe EVERY facehugger comes broken due to the way they were packaged.[/QUOTE]

It's through sega: http://www.sega.com/facehugger/

And I wouldn't say it's every single one, but many/most of them yes.

It has dropped to 29.99 now, and the 360 version is the same price. I just picked up one for the 360 since it has significantly less screen tearing.

Also, thank you ssjmichael for the facehugger replacement link.

wow, think I'll finally jump on it. The facehugger alone goes for like $30 on ebay, and I don't even care to keep that. Thanks for the update, I'll update the op

Ironically, I stumbled upon this deal while trying to look up Express coupons.. lol. It happened to be in the sidebar. I then came on here to see if it had been posted yet, and found this thread. Anyways, I decided to pick one up. I've heard mixed reviews on the game, but as a big Alien fan, I couldn't pass up the replica facehugger for that price, considering they're going for $30+ alone on ebay. :)

Is it true that the single player campaign was ok while it was mostly the multiplayer that was broken and terrible? If that's the case, I may be in for one.

The problem with multiplayer is the terrible melee system they introduced.

Spend your money on AvP and AvP2 on the PC. Both are superior games.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Can I order a replacement figurine even if my figurine comes in perfect condition?[/QUOTE] You're not getting a perfect facehugger.

[quote name='vivafriend5']You're not getting a perfect facehugger.[/QUOTE]

I think he was asking if he has to send the defective one back.

I am so tempted on this just for the nice Steelbook

Anyone else notice the facehugger replacement site is gone? I tried it two days ago and it was still active, but nothing to be found this morning.

[quote name='pharmer_troy']Anyone else notice the facehugger replacement site is gone? I tried it two days ago and it was still active, but nothing to be found this morning.[/QUOTE]

Dayum!

I tried the site the day I did the purchase... I can't believe it's gone.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Dayum!

I tried the site the day I did the purchase... I can't believe it's gone.[/QUOTE]

shit... and i ordered on that day.

[quote name='Jigen']The game is terrible IMO. I'd recommend people avoid it.[/QUOTE]

If anyone is on the fence, I agree and would advise staying away. However, if you're a hardcore AVP fan, these are some tempting goodies.

I just finished the game last week, and it was, IMO, the worst game I've played on my PS3. MP is broken and community is dead. Campaign modes are short and disappointing. Fun to play as Predator, the novelty of being an Alien gave way to nausea quickly because of poor controls/camera, and the Soldier compaign was ill conceived and hackneyed.
I got the game for free and regretted it.
(stepping off soapbox)

Ugh, and I've already blown money on Acti/EA XBL sales and Undead Nightmare, which I probably shouldn't have done.

Don't tempt me, cheap collector's edition thing.

Yeah got mine and the tail is all mangled.. but def. did check the site on sunday before ordering but now it is down. i am calling 1800USASEGA

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Ugh, and I've already blown money on Acti/EA XBL sales and Undead Nightmare, which I probably shouldn't have done.

Don't tempt me, cheap collector's edition thing.[/QUOTE]

Just remember... this is possibly the cheapest price this edition is going to be. Then, in the future, if you want to get it, it's going to be very expensive.

Man, this broken facehugger thing really flew below my radar. I have received 2 broken ones from Newegg so far. I figured it had something to do with the temperature this time of year. I can't really figure out how something so rubbery could snap in half like that. Anyway I just tried the sega help thing so hopefully that works. I am done with getting a replacement from newegg as it will most likely be broken as well. I have a feeling that they purchased a boat load of these cheap not knowing 90% of them were broken.

Hmmm.. I'm thinking I will receive mine today, but these reports about the facehuggers showing up broken, really blows. And, considering I bought this game almost specifically for the facehugger, this does not make me happy. I'm sure everyone will be hearing about it as well, if it does show up broken.. :/

I hated the game when I rented it way back when it came out. But that steelbook is so nice looking and it looks like it is still available...

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Just remember... this is possibly the cheapest price this edition is going to be. Then, in the future, if you want to get it, it's going to be very expensive.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from grocery shopping, and the product is SOLD OUT

My decision, made for me... for better or for worse.

Perhaps I'm just really lucky in this case, but my 360 hunter edition just arrived and DOES NOT have a broken tail or anything wrong with it that I can see. So it is possible, if unlikely to get one intact.

[quote name='infinitycartier']just got mine today. The good news? Facehugger is intact, the extras are mostly pretty cool. The bad news? I keep getting disk read errors.
God
damnit[/quote]

360? my facehugger's tail is broken in 3 pieces.

PS3 version arrived today, broken facehugger. Submitted a support ticket, hope I get some good news, cuz that facehugger is badass.

I would have gotten this, but judging by all the people having problems with their facehuggers being broken, maybe I shouldnt be upset that i missed out.

Just received mine today, finally! Anyways, facehugger is completely intact, although the box is slightly beat up from the packaging. Good enough for me though. The facehugger was the concern, after all.

[quote name='MaelstromB']Just received mine today, finally! Anyways, facehugger is completely intact, although the box is slightly beat up from the packaging. Good enough for me though. The facehugger was the concern, after all.[/QUOTE]

out of curiosity, which version?

if i hear of a ps3 version intact, i might call newegg..

Sadly this game really isn't that good. Fun to mess around in for a while but that's about it. I got it for $12.99 like 6 months ago from GameFly and during the last sale I saw it for $9.99 the first time it was in stock.

You really have to ask yourself, would you pay $19.99 for a toy if you were in Toys R Us and saw the facehugger along with a bunch of other AVP toys? I wouldn't but that's how I think to save myself money lol. Pretty cool though.

bread's done
Back