Aliens vs Predator: Hunter Edition (PS3/360) - Now $29.99 shipped at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 artrus

artrus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

Yeah got mine and the tail is all mangled.. but def. did check the site on sunday before ordering but now it is down. i am calling 1800USASEGA

#32 Fernando Rocker

Fernando Rocker

Nintendo Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:29 PM

Ugh, and I've already blown money on Acti/EA XBL sales and Undead Nightmare, which I probably shouldn't have done.

Don't tempt me, cheap collector's edition thing.

Just remember... this is possibly the cheapest price this edition is going to be. Then, in the future, if you want to get it, it's going to be very expensive.

#33 artrus

artrus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

FYI the website is down, just go to www.help.sega.com and register, submit a new support ticket and one of the options is a AVP facehugger replacement.

#34 demented1

demented1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

Man, this broken facehugger thing really flew below my radar. I have received 2 broken ones from Newegg so far. I figured it had something to do with the temperature this time of year. I can't really figure out how something so rubbery could snap in half like that. Anyway I just tried the sega help thing so hopefully that works. I am done with getting a replacement from newegg as it will most likely be broken as well. I have a feeling that they purchased a boat load of these cheap not knowing 90% of them were broken.

#35 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

Hmmm.. I'm thinking I will receive mine today, but these reports about the facehuggers showing up broken, really blows. And, considering I bought this game almost specifically for the facehugger, this does not make me happy. I'm sure everyone will be hearing about it as well, if it does show up broken.. :/

#36 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

I hated the game when I rented it way back when it came out. But that steelbook is so nice looking and it looks like it is still available...

Tyler hates me. 

Wrencrest.png

#37 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Just remember... this is possibly the cheapest price this edition is going to be. Then, in the future, if you want to get it, it's going to be very expensive.

Just got back from grocery shopping, and the product is SOLD OUT

My decision, made for me... for better or for worse.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#38 tenn_volsfan

tenn_volsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:16 PM

Perhaps I'm just really lucky in this case, but my 360 hunter edition just arrived and DOES NOT have a broken tail or anything wrong with it that I can see. So it is possible, if unlikely to get one intact.

#39 InfinityCartier

InfinityCartier

segga tapes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

Just got mine today. The good news? Facehugger is intact, the extras are mostly pretty cool. The bad news? I keep getting disk read errors.
GOD
DAMNIT

#40 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:13 AM

just got mine today. The good news? Facehugger is intact, the extras are mostly pretty cool. The bad news? I keep getting disk read errors.
God
damnit

360? my facehugger's tail is broken in 3 pieces.

#41 InfinityCartier

InfinityCartier

segga tapes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

360? my facehugger's tail is broken in 3 pieces.

Yeah, 360.

#42 demented1

demented1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

Has anybody heard back from Sega yet? I'm not too optimistic about them replacing it.

#43 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:26 AM

My facehugger tail is perfect. The problem is the outer box looks like shit from getting crushed by bad Newegg packaging. Ironic isn't it?

#44 FatBuddha

FatBuddha

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:38 AM

PS3 version arrived today, broken facehugger. Submitted a support ticket, hope I get some good news, cuz that facehugger is badass.

#45 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

I would have gotten this, but judging by all the people having problems with their facehuggers being broken, maybe I shouldnt be upset that i missed out.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#46 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

Just received mine today, finally! Anyways, facehugger is completely intact, although the box is slightly beat up from the packaging. Good enough for me though. The facehugger was the concern, after all.

#47 artrus

artrus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Just received mine today, finally! Anyways, facehugger is completely intact, although the box is slightly beat up from the packaging. Good enough for me though. The facehugger was the concern, after all.

out of curiosity, which version?

if i hear of a ps3 version intact, i might call newegg..

#48 InfinityCartier

InfinityCartier

segga tapes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

I have to send my disk to Sega for 'inspection'. I'm going to be seriously fucking irritated if I end up hating this game.

#49 Lucky13

Lucky13

It's Go Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

Sadly this game really isn't that good. Fun to mess around in for a while but that's about it. I got it for $12.99 like 6 months ago from GameFly and during the last sale I saw it for $9.99 the first time it was in stock.

You really have to ask yourself, would you pay $19.99 for a toy if you were in Toys R Us and saw the facehugger along with a bunch of other AVP toys? I wouldn't but that's how I think to save myself money lol. Pretty cool though.
|:ps3: 150+|:br: 300+|:hd: 100+|:dvd: 500+|:ps2: 50+|:pc: too many!

#50 MaelstromB

MaelstromB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:44 AM

out of curiosity, which version?

if i hear of a ps3 version intact, i might call newegg..

I got the xbox 360 version.