Photo
- - - - -

Yakuza 3 (PS3) - $25.39 shipped at Amazon {sold out!)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

You missed the point. It appears the first 3 games were decent based on their scores, but it was apparently 2 years between the original and Yakuza 2, and 18 months between Yakuza 2 and 3. It looks like it will only be a year between 3 and 4, so it will be impressive if it scores as well without being dinged for poor execution or failure to innovate.

That's some pretty silly logic you got there. You do realize Yakuza is a Japanese game, and the time between the first and the second was only a year in Japan right? You do also realize that Yakuza 4 has been out in Japan since March 2010 right? Looking at the time between releases is pretty retarded anyway. If the gameplay and story are great, it'll get the same praise as the other installments.

#32 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

I got a copy for $24 shipped from GamePodunk.com back in November and their deal is still live!

Did their copy come with the Battle Pack DLC voucher inside the game?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#33 armor843

armor843

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

Got this game for $15 during the GF year end sale. Great game although very long if you do the near 100 sidequests (you might get tired but persevere). It was a steal at my end, but I would support the SEGA so they can bring Yakuza 4 and 5.

#34 hetz15

hetz15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:29 PM

This is one of the games that everyone should try. Also, try to email the Sega's customer service to get the Battle Arena DLC or something like that for free!!!

#35 4tygames

4tygames

Cover Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:56 PM

Did their copy come with the Battle Pack DLC voucher inside the game?

Yes, it did!

#36 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

That's some pretty silly logic you got there. You do realize Yakuza is a Japanese game, and the time between the first and the second was only a year in Japan right? You do also realize that Yakuza 4 has been out in Japan since March 2010 right? Looking at the time between releases is pretty retarded anyway. If the gameplay and story are great, it'll get the same praise as the other installments.

You raise good points about the Japanese release timing, if true. Regardless, if the time between releases is decreasing, something is likely being cut - if not development time, localization time - unless there are different teams involved working in parallel.

What's considered great gameplay the first time around isn't necessarily considered great if you repeat it without innovating. Crackdown 2 is one example that comes to mind; there are plenty of others.

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this as your tone indicates you're incapable of respectful discussion. The proof will be in the reviews.

#37 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

You raise good points about the Japanese release timing, if true. Regardless, if the time between releases is decreasing, something is likely being cut - if not development time, localization time - unless there are different teams involved working in parallel.

What's considered great gameplay the first time around isn't necessarily considered great if you repeat it without innovating. Crackdown 2 is one example that comes to mind; there are plenty of others.

Anyway, there's no point in continuing this as your tone indicates you're incapable of respectful discussion. The proof will be in the reviews.

It is likely that part 4 started development well before part 3 was completed, this happens a lot with popular franchises.

Not only that but with part 3, they learned a lot about PS3 hardware and had a graphics engine set among many other aspects, so for part 4 they likely could focus more on gameplay and content, etc., instead of having to build a graphics engine from scratch (or maybe they did do that for part 4, I don't know, but it's not likely).

In other words, nothing to worry about, I think. :bouncy:

#38 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:26 AM

bite....THANKS!

Plus they have Bloodstone for $27...I dunno if I should get or not o.o
Posted Image

#39 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

bite....THANKS!

Plus they have Bloodstone for $27...I dunno if I should get or not o.o

Amazon just had Bloodstone for $20 on a Lightning Deal. Personally I'd wait unless you're desperate to play it now.

#40 Erock302

Erock302

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:14 PM

$24.90 shipped. 12 left.

#41 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

changed my order from toys diva to springledge entertainment since toysdiva was backordered until today. didn't want to risk it.

#42 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:47 PM

FYI, Games and Electronics Online (3rd party Amazon) is selling it at $22.99 with $4.98 :bouncy:

http://www.amazon.co...95128094&sr=1-8

#43 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. I ordered a copy today.

#44 primalcarnage

primalcarnage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

FYI, Games and Electronics Online (3rd party Amazon) is selling it at $22.99 with $4.98 :bouncy:

http://www.amazon.co...95128094&sr=1-8

Down to 20.49 now, says only 2 left in stock.:bouncy:

#45 AceSam14

AceSam14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

$24.91 third party sold by Amazon!