Photo
- - - - -

XBLA & WP7 - Full House Poker - 800 Points XBLA, $2.99 WP7 - Out now!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

I have the WP7 and XBLA versions. Just checked on my phone and it says I have 6004 chips and am level 10. I think when I shutdown the XBLA version last night, I was around level 6. So, I guess I've moved up a couple levels today on the WP7 version.

The playing I've done today is offline as I don't have the phone part of my WP7 activated. Hopefully when I get home and launch the WP7 version, it will sync things up with XBL.

I've got to say that I've tried playing Texas Hold 'em a couple times in the past and this is the first time I'm really getting into it. I'm trying to be a lot more patient, versus starting with a nothing hand and chasing a good one.

#32 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Hi all noob here, I have 360 & WP7 versions but when I play on my phone it's always in offline mode and a dummy avatar. How do I change to online mode?

TIA

Go into your phone settings. At the top it should say "system". Swipe to the left to bring up "applications" setting. Tap "games" and check if you have connecting to Xbox Live turned on or off.

Also, I'm assuming you're connected to the internet, by either 3G or WiFi?

#33 xlguru

xlguru

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:48 PM

Go into your phone settings. At the top it should say "system". Swipe to the left to bring up "applications" setting. Tap "games" and check if you have connecting to Xbox Live turned on or off.

Also, I'm assuming you're connected to the internet, by either 3G or WiFi?

Thanks for the reply. It says On and I'm on wifi...I just got an xbl msg from a friend..I dunno what's going on

#34 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:23 PM

I played it for 7 hours straight.

Says the guy with the "UrAllVirgins" username.
Posted Image

#35 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Question to people playing both versions. Do you find the AI in the WP7 version to be way more cautious? I was trying to beat the first guy in Pro Takedown on the phone last night. I could not get the guy to bet money to save his life. On the XBLA version, I've beat 6 of the players in Pro Takedown. Mainly because they will actually place bets and not fold on every hand.

#36 xlguru

xlguru

Posted 18 March 2011 - 07:44 PM

Am I supposed to see my xbox live avatar on the wp7 version?

#37 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Am I supposed to see my xbox live avatar on the wp7 version?

Yes, of course. BTW I've beaten 5 or so pros on the WP7 version. I just whittle them down till they make a bad move. The AI really is different across both versions though.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#38 xlguru

xlguru

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Yes, of course. BTW I've beaten 5 or so pros on the WP7 version. I just whittle them down till they make a bad move. The AI really is different across both versions though.

thx for the reply, but wtf I see some punk in a toque lol any tips?

#39 DV8

DV8

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:59 AM

thx for the reply, but wtf I see some punk in a toque lol any tips?

The best way I've found to beat a pro is to wait for the flop, have the highest hand (usually a pair) possible, and get lucky and the computer will have the second highest hand. They'll usually call you to an all in if you keep re-raising. It depends on luck for this scenario but there's no faster way with the blinds as low as they are.

Does anyone know when the buy-ins reach $100,000? I beat two 30-man tournaments (single player) on 5k and 10k, but 100k didn't open up.

#40 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

Don't forget to get the free dlc summer heat 2011 as the 1st tournament starts later today.

#41 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

The best way I've found to beat a pro is to wait for the flop, have the highest hand (usually a pair) possible, and get lucky and the computer will have the second highest hand. They'll usually call you to an all in if you keep re-raising. It depends on luck for this scenario but there's no faster way with the blinds as low as they are.

This is how I beat a couple, if not all of, the pros. In fact, I beat one pro on the first hand. I had 2 pair or 3 of a kind and went all in. The pro went all in as well and I won!! :)

Just seems the WP7 AI will never do this though. If you raise more than the minimum, they seem to fold every time. Very frustrating after experiencing the stupid AI on the XBLA version.

#42 LostRoad

LostRoad

I just want to wake up.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

Are a lot of people playing this? Was thinking about picking it up last night but held off. Really don't want to play with only the computer.
No matter how good looking she is, some one some where is sick of her shit.

Posted Image

#43 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

I haven't played an online game, but I would bet people are playing it. I wanted to get some single player practice in before going online.

#44 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Good game, but like any other no consequences online poker game, expect 2/3 of the table to go all in on the first hand.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#45 Retom7

Retom7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, I can't stand the people who go all in right away. I also hate the people who bet 2 chips. If I'm playing a hand, I immediately put it at $10 to at least make the pot double digits. I'm up over $5k in chips now and have the first two pros beat. I played for 4 hours last night. This game is crazy addicting with the leveling system. Also, the xp rewards you for making the right calls, such as folding at opportunistic moments, winning on the river, winning streaks, etc etc.

My experience was very positive. Zynga poker has many more people that go all in. I did not find that many who went all in right away. I noticed more people would go all in multiple rounds in a row and I always assume those people are just trying to play their chips before they leave.

Anyway, I think the game works very well for a poker game with no real money on the line. It will probably get worse in the day time with little kids playing too though since most of them don't know what they're doing.

My only annoyance was playing in a game with a few sleepers with a really long time limit set. I ended up leaving after the 2nd hand took almost 5 minutes to play...

#46 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

This game has been a lot of fun. You do have the occasional All-Ins, but they usually take care of themselves pretty quickly.

I'd be up for a CAG Poker Night if anyone else is interested.

#47 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:15 AM

I just picked it up and it's pretty fun. Tried several times to connect to a ranked game and couldnt get connected. I def want to play people instead of the puter.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#48 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

Even though I'm not very good at poker, I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I played with MSUHitman and a friend tonight during the Texas Heat and would like to find more people to play with online.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#49 Necrozilla

Necrozilla

meeeeeeeeeeeeep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

If you have any respect for 1 vs. 100 you will avoid this, especially since this costs money.

(()) wOOpwOOp That's the sound of a trade: >>[acronym="Check My List ↓"]CML[/acronym]<< (())

PS3 & 360 games @ Have: DmC, Split/Second (both new), Halo 4 (mint)
10% CAG discount Vs. ebay listings!

#50 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:38 AM

If you have any respect for 1 vs. 100 you will avoid this, especially since this costs money.

That's a stupid thing to say. I loved 1 vs. 100 and I love this game too.
Posted Image

#51 Dr.Zoidberg

Dr.Zoidberg

Death by Snu-Snu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:08 AM

Seriously? Your love for 1 vs 100 which has been dead for about a year wont let you appreciate a new game. It would want you to be happy with another game.
Sheriff Lucas Buck: Conscience is just the fear of getting caught.

Tyler Durden: We have jobs we dont like to buy sh!t we don't need

#52 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:18 AM

Necrozilla, shame on you for saying such a thing. Obviously many people here like the game and over 33,000 people were playing Texas Heat tonight, if I remember correctly.

Texas Heat was super fun. However, eventually all the real humans left my game and I was left with only computer players. They would never back down, quite unlike a real person, as they had nothing to lose. Made it hard to do very well, but I did end up with over a million $ at the end of things.

-Paul Acevedo

#53 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:30 AM

After playing video poker with the crowd at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, I am tempted to get this. However, I am terrible at poker (very inexperienced) and have a humongous backlog.

#54 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:54 AM

After playing video poker with the crowd at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight, I am tempted to get this. However, I am terrible at poker (very inexperienced) and have a humongous backlog.

The game has a bunch of video tutorials that can teach you the basics of play as well as a list of the different kind of hands you can get. You earn some XP for every hand you play, win or lose, so it always feels like you're making some kind of progress. And single-player is generally pretty easy to win, so practicing offline is an option. But this game is so fun with friends - I hope you decide to get it.

Now for some reviews!

Reviews

-Paul Acevedo

#55 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:41 AM

That's the main motivator- friends playing the game. I know how to play poker; I just don't know how to play well. I had a great time with World Series of Poker 2008. That game taught me how to play various types of poker, and the fact that it used the Xbox Live vision cam to create a more accurate player face than EA Sports' super-detailed Gameface feature was a huge plus.

#56 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

I have no friends playing this, however I did go online and played Texas Heat and had lots of fun. Reached the triple diamond table and that was about it. Got a few achievements, great experience and all the tables were full of people. Some had AI of course but at least those seats were taken instead of just playing against/with only 2 human people or whatever. Think the next schedule for texas heat is on Tuesday so if y'all wanna get together maybe we can all play and have some fun. What do you all think of a tourney for this game and we all pitch in different codes as prizes for winners?

#57 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

I have no friends playing this, however I did go online and played Texas Heat and had lots of fun.

What is your gamertag? We had a small group of CAGs playing in a public game tonight and it was fun.

Matt, you should get this game! I'm having a lot of fun with it even though I really know basic stuff about poker and I never play for real money.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#58 Panther1484

Panther1484

Hail to Pitt!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

What is your gamertag? We had a small group of CAGs playing in a public game tonight and it was fun.

Matt, you should get this game! I'm having a lot of fun with it even though I really know basic stuff about poker and I never play for real money.

Areed. It is well worth the $10. Do it Matty.

#59 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:11 PM

Like Matt I'm not that great at poker, but I picked it up. Since a lot of my friends also bought it, it has worked out to be a very fun & worthwhile purchase. I must be at tables with a bunch of morons during the Texas Heat games since I've finished top 3 every time, despite my sucktitude.

Side effect of buying this game that I was not expecting: I'm way more compelled to buy the stupid avatar outfits now on the marketplace so I look ridiculous at the table. I wish that Saints Row 2 Hot Dog outfit wasn't five fucking dollars.

Good game, but like any other no consequences online poker game, expect 2/3 of the table to go all in on the first hand.

I've been kind of lucky, haven't seen this a ton yet. I'm fully expecting for my luck to change soon though.
Posted Image

#60 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

Bought both versions. Really fun games.

What's the difference between ranked and unranked? No xp in unranked?

seanr1221.png