- - - - -

GameCube almost had 3D functionality

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

http://www.gamespot....ws/6286296.html

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata admits the last-generation console could have displayed 3D images when fitted with never-released LCD-screen peripheral.

#2 Altanis

Altanis

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:45 AM

I had heard about this already- I want to say it was on Kotaku or somewhere similar a week or two ago.

Not surprised that they were thinking about 3D. It's like they said- LCD screens back then were expensive as hell, and would have made it extremely expensive and likely would have been a failure.

It's a bright idea really to just wait until the price of LCDs plummeted.

#3 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

It's a bright idea really to just wait until the price of LCDs plummeted.

Yeah and with the price of the the 3DS already at $250 just think how much the screen would have been, probably as much as the GC itself.

Plus who would play the GC on a screen? Doesn't make sense. Much better to have waited.

#4 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

I would highly recommend checking out this article: http://www.electricp...nline.com/?p=38

In particular, page three. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#5 200STM

200STM

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

The gamecube was a great console, I have one with the gameboy player there is so much games I need to get.

#6 Mospeada_21

Mospeada_21

Zombie Hunter \\*//

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

this thread is just too funny to pass up!

alternative titles:

GameCube almost had internet.
Now Playing in HD, Progressive Scan, Widescreen, 5.1 DPLII & Dolby Digital, and online or LAN whenever possible.