CAGcast #225: PS3 Blood Libel

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Shipwreck, with help from Wombat and Cheapy, examines the PS3 2011 exclusive lineup and wonders what went wrong. Also, blood libel.

[podcast]134[/podcast]
Download - 109 minutes, 66MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a flutter in my soul that told me to check for a new cagcast, and here it is. Now to fall asleep to the wonderful banter of two jews and a ginger. (feel free to use that as your trio's name in rock band 3)

Won't download for me for some reason on itunes, it shows it in the list in my subscribed podcasts bit but doesn't download.
Anyone else having this?

aside from shipwreck you 2 (cheapy and wombat) do come off like microsoft fanboys. actually listen to the shit you say in your podcasts some thing you nitpick about with the ps3 console and ps4 games youll gloss over or ignore when it comes to xbox games and consooles. just own up to it already and stop denying it. btw cheapy its hard to take your opinion on games seriously anyway when you whine about how if a game is too much of a challenge you dont want to play it and you play most games on easy.

as far as wishing the ps3 was better cmon already i wish xbox had better games and more variety in games. the lack of variety and the instability of the system itself is why i never bought one.

They have their preferences, but I dont find them hugely unfair. The 360 has very robust online functionality, strength in particular kinds of games and perhaps most importantly, most of your friends probably own one. They've criticized 360 when appropriate.

Its ok to have preferences.

That pac-man show sounds terrible. Also, I think that Sony need to get their act together. They always seem to drop the ball with their systems when they could do so much more.

The Cagcast has been "dumping" on the PS3 and Sony since I've started to listen to this podcast, it is usually a short snicker or comment here or there such as "Nobody has a Go, that doesn't count." I'm glad at least you guys are trying to "help Sony"

Now I would be disappointed with the PS3's online service or the Wii's online service if I had to pay-to-play online like I have to do with my Xbox360. Microsoft essentially fooled everyone last gen when they started Xbox Live and its pay-to-play service adding this new premium in order to play with your friends online and back then paying for something like that made sense. The crack that is playing with friends online was what Microsoft was banking on and has helped continue to improve the Xbox Live infrastructure to what it is today. They essentially have pulled the wool over the collective gaming minds of the community and I applaud them for their mastery of the Jedi Mind trick they employed and applaud Microsoft for continuing to keep fooling us all into thinking you still need to pay-to-play online. So bravo.

Now, I am not dumping on the Xbox360. It has excellent games on it, and great indie titles as Wombat has pointed out recently, but I'll be damned if I'm going to support a pay-to-play model I don't believe in anymore. I can stream Netflix on my Wii, my iPod, my Mac, my PC, my PS3 for free, but not on my Xbox...why is that??? We need to rise up against this before other companies start charging us to pay-to-play online because they want more revenue. Oh wait there are companies that do that already. I'm looking at you Electronic Arts and speaking of here is my Metal of Honor key for my PS3 version that I'll not be using
K6TH-QQNP-NKC4

At any rate, I enjoy the show and the Cagcast so keep it up guys.

I think it really comes down to pricing and not so much the games. As consequence of the pricing you'll more likely to have friends with an Xbox, so you'll naturally drift towards an Xbox so you can play with them. Most of the time Sony tends to have the better exclusives. It's the reason why I choose a PS3 instead of a X360. The PC being my preferred gaming platform made this decision easier for me, since most Xbox games get ported eventually.

Personally coming from the PC I just couldn't justify paying for Live. I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was getting scammed. Even more so when I took into consideration that most of the services like Netflix don't even make it over here in Europe, not to mention the ads. I will agree that Sony needs to do something about how they promote PSN games though.

I thought I was the only one who noticed how much they rag on the PS3...its pretty annoying.Yeah I know I dont have to listen to the show but I do enjoy the banter. I suggest you guys realize that you do have PS3 fans that listen to your show, some that cant afford to get a 360 too.

i hate this preorder thing with DA2. i think i will wait for DA2 to drop in price to balance out the cost of the DLC.
As for PS3. i love it. i play it every day but i hate XMB with passion! and i think HOME was a waste of money and time for Sony.
in 2011 i think i buy more games on ps3 than on xbox because of those exclusive J-RPGs but it's me, i like this stuff.
P.S. never commented on show before, feels good (^_^)

[quote name='lokizz']aside from shipwreck you 2 (cheapy and wombat) do come off like microsoft fanboys. actually listen to the shit you say in your podcasts some thing you nitpick about with the ps3 console and ps4 games youll gloss over or ignore when it comes to xbox games and consooles. just own up to it already and stop denying it. btw cheapy its hard to take your opinion on games seriously anyway when you whine about how if a game is too much of a challenge you dont want to play it and you play most games on easy.

as far as wishing the ps3 was better cmon already i wish xbox had better games and more variety in games. the lack of variety and the instability of the system itself is why i never bought one.[/QUOTE]

I thought they were XBox fanboys. I thought that was part of the schtick. I mean, look at the color of the site.

[quote name='lokizz'] you play most games on easy.
[/QUOTE]I've played one game on Easy, Metro 2033. I can't remember any other game that I've not played on the default difficulty.

[quote name='Broo']I thought they were XBox fanboys. I thought that was part of the schtick. I mean, look at the color of the site.[/QUOTE]

good point. i can understand cheapy being a fanboy, but i thought wombat had some class lol (jk, jk)

I never post but feel I needed to agree on how Cheapy and Wombat do come off as huge Xbox fanboys. I love the show and will listen to it every week but I do get very annoyed with the fanboysm .

[quote name='repete']seems like there is going to be some sarah palin talk[/QUOTE]
Either some Sarah Palin talk or them pesky christians spreading rumors about how terrible jews need childrens blood for their rituals and traditions. I really, really, really despise how often people in the political realm misappropriate words.

I am curious, however, how 2011 is going wrong with PS3 exclusives... 2010, I can understand if you're just not into Mag and such, but 2011?

I can tell you what the PS3 is seriously lacking: RPG powerhouses from Squaresoft.

If you look back at the libraries of both the PS1 and PS2 they are overrun with Japanese RPGs and many of the best ones, some would even say the best ones ever made, are from Squaresoft.

Square and Enix are one entity now, they also own Eidos, and are able to call upon the wonderful studio that is Level-5 to produce superb products time and time again. Sony needs to be throwing cash at them, locking up exclusives, and marketing the living hell out of the titles.

fucking seriously Sony = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_games#PlayStation

One spot where 2011 is already going horribly wrong for Sony is the whole cracked wide-open private signing keys made public because Sony failed to use a random number mess. If piracy becomes rampant for them then the hardware sales will seriously spike but the utter ease of the hack could cause software sales to plummet.

I adore my PS3 and some of the best gaming in my lifetime was done on the PS1 but Sony has this strange curse this gen where they step in shit at every single turn and it is heartbreaking and baffling to watch.

I don't consider myself an Xbox fanboy, I have a preference, but that is different than outward hate. I have alsways said that I like the PS3, even in this show I said that. If anything the point I was trying to make over the last two shows, is how little it really matters as the best games lately have been multiplatform.

[quote name='Wombat']I don't consider myself an Xbox fanboy, I have a preference, but that is different than outward hate. I have alsways said that I like the PS3, even in this show I said that. If anything the point I was trying to make over the last two shows, is how little it really matters as the best games lately have been multiplatform.[/QUOTE]

Look at your shirt. It's GREEEEEEEEEEN! Case closed.

I'm a big fan of the show, but this is the first time I've been compelled to comment and disagree with some of your points:

Wombat: I'm not sure why you are complaining about the pre-order scheme for Dragon Age 2. I can understand being upset if you didn't know about it and missed out, but you did know about it and chose not to pre-order. It's actually a clever marketing scheme - the most devout fans of the DA franchise and Bioware (such as yourself) would probably know about it and pre-order accordingly. The novelty of the marketing scheme got people talking (in favor or against) and raised awareness. This is the kind of fanservice that is smart, not dumb.

Shipwreck: You are right to point to diminishing returns of sequels on the PS3 - that's a very valid point and innovation would certainly behoove them. But, trying to figure out what games will be a "system seller" seems pointless at this point in a console's lifespan. What new 360 exclusives do you think will attract new users? Their big exclusive this year is Gears of War 3 - which will sell great to people who bought a 360 already for Gears 1 or 2 and the like - but probably not move many new consoles. The reason MS has been moving so many consoles so well is A) their back catalog, B) Kinect (which is smartly marketed) and C) RRODs. What new Wii games will sell the Wii? the PSP? the DS? I really don't think that there is a single upcoming "core demographic" game that will create new users on any of these systems.

Other than being a little whinier than usual, it was a great show as always, but I just can't see where you are coming from on these points.

Love the CAGCast... look forward to it every week...

I just wanted to say I hope you don't change the year-end review show one bit. It's been my favorite show for the past few years, and I think the way you go console by console & genre by genre should stay. It's a riot that Cheapy hasn't picked a favorite Wii game, or even turn his Wii on, for at least three years now. fuck the PS3 fanboys who get all pissy that their system isn't as good as the 360. And besides, it's your favorite games, not a definitive list of the best of "whatever" category.

[quote name='dsheinem']I'm a big fan of the show, but this is the first time I've been compelled to comment and disagree with some of your points:

Wombat: I'm not sure why you are complaining about the pre-order scheme for Dragon Age 2. I can understand being upset if you didn't know about it and missed out, but you did know about it and chose not to pre-order. It's actually a clever marketing scheme - the most devout fans of the DA franchise and Bioware (such as yourself) would probably know about it and pre-order accordingly. The novelty of the marketing scheme got people talking (in favor or against) and raised awareness. This is the kind of fanservice that is smart, not dumb.

Shipwreck: You are right to point to diminishing returns of sequels on the PS3 - that's a very valid point and innovation would certainly behoove them. But, trying to figure out what games will be a "system seller" seems pointless at this point in a console's lifespan. What new 360 exclusives do you think will attract new users? Their big exclusive this year is Gears of War 3 - which will sell great to people who bought a 360 already for Gears 1 or 2 and the like - but probably not move many new consoles. The reason MS has been moving so many consoles so well is A) their back catalog, B) Kinect (which is smartly marketed) and C) RRODs. What new Wii games will sell the Wii? the PSP? the DS? I really don't think that there is a single "core demographic" game that will create new users on any of these systems.

Other than being a little whinier than usual, it was a great show as always, but I just can't see where you are coming from on these points.[/QUOTE]

You should comment more often, I like your points. One thing I'd say to the "at this point in a console's lifespan" though is that there's a lot of life left in these consoles. I'd just like to see Sony do something rather than riding it out.

[quote name='Wombat']I don't consider myself an Xbox fanboy, I have a preference, but that is different than outward hate. I have alsways said that I like the PS3, even in this show I said that. If anything the point I was trying to make over the last two shows, is how little it really matters as the best games lately have been multiplatform.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there. One of the reasons I wanted an Xbox last gen was its Bioware exclusives(KOTOR, Jade Empire, that stuff) and now they develop most if not all of their games on PS3 as well now.Same goes for FF13 but vice versa, that wasn't that good tho.

I seriously believe that when it comes to commercial exclusives that Sony has been doing a better job. At least with originality this gen. Infamous, Uncharted, Resistance, are all really good IPs that were created this gen. Now rather or not these new franchises are being milked to death...maybe but still there new.

Cheapy, Shipwreck, Wombat:

The criticism of PSN integration is completely fair and quite accurate (though not all gamers care about those aspects of the console). Until Blue Ray Players became cheap, PS3 fanboys could criticize the lack of a Blue Ray player on the Xbox, though again, lots of people don't care. Personally, I hate all Microsoft products.

The real point is that while game reviewers and a few hard-core gamers may have both systems, your average gamer doesn't. I have a PS3, I play games on my iPhone, and recently I can play some games through Steam on my Apple computer. So, the only console experience that I know is the PS3. Your criticism of the PS3 is rooted in the fact that you own all the systems and have the luxury of choosing which to play. Most of us don't have that luxury, so swipes at the PS3 (particularly the off-the-cuff comments in the average podcast that aren't thoughtful and contextualized) just seem obnoxious.

I love your podcast, though, and I don't really care about your Xbox leanings. Obnoxious can be funny. If I want to hear PS3 cheerleading, I listen to the IGN Beyond podcast.

PS3 CAGS: friend me on PSN at "casparnic"

[quote name='dsheinem']I'm a big fan of the show, but this is the first time I've been compelled to comment and disagree with some of your points:

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with pre-order bonuses, but I felt the short time frame for so much content, and to do it so far in advance was a bad decision. I think they would get more pre-orders by throwing this in as a pre-order surprise closer to release, instead of pissing off people that may have missed out due to bad timing.

[quote name='Wombat']I have no problem with pre-order bonuses, but I felt the short time frame for so much content, and to do it so far in advance was a bad decision. I think they would get more pre-orders by throwing this in as a pre-order surprise closer to release, instead of pissing off people that may have missed out due to bad timing.[/QUOTE]

Wombat: but if companies cared more about making people happy and less about making money, they would just give all their content away for free. This shit makes money. Contests, sales, limited-time offers--it's all bullshit. Saying that, I did pre-order DAII so I'm stoked.

Rise up comrades, and overthrow these capitalist game distributors! Isn't that sort of the CAG ethos?

PS3 CAGS: friend me on PSN at "casparnic"

Well let's see you pay $40-60 a year for XBOX live gold that gives you better web services. I pay $100 a year for our 4 accounts at home, so they are all gold at $25 a piece. Saying that and the annoying PS3 installs, I pay for Playstation plus so it downloads updates in the background on the PS3 which really helps and feel that it equals itself to xbox live gold, plus you get a lot of cool free games(do you guys do this? I've gotten about $80 of free games for a $50 service). As for new PSN releases? Just goto new releases, all the items are there. I want to know what free stuff I get from PS Plus, I goto Plus and the games are there. I enjoy watching Qore(which is pretty much a magazine that I get for free now with Plus). I pay for both Plus and Live and get value from both, I'm a happy consumer. Looking for old PSN items are a little frustrating but I really don't agree with your listing issues. I'm a little pissed with Kinect since they said that it would have integration with Netflix and it doesn't which I think they didn't include it purposely because they wanted people to buy movies from zune to use the Kinect and I didn't buy it. it works well with ESPN, so I'm happy with that.

I suggest the CAG team replay Heavy Rain with the Playstation Move, it's a totally different game that for me made the game a solid 7 to a solid 9.5, it loses .5 for install time. It's definatly the only Move game in my opinion for real gamers to play interactivly and sit on the couch. I am looking forward to Sorcery for the same reason.

The Playstation is not going downhill, it's so much better system then the xbox which isn't the best right now. Not playing LBP2???????????? That is frustrating because you don't give it a fair chance. Sackboy jumps the way he does because he is a sackperson not a real person. Now there is jumppacks for more jumping goodness, Seriously, it's the best console game of the year. There is so much online content, there is a story mode in this version and you can make your own games in this new version. Have you guys play any of the 2 + million levels online? I think it's sad that you all just dismiss it since the game covers multiple genres. Please rethink this and give it a fair try and play online. It's a lot of fun with 3 or 4 players. Maybe all play with each other during a show.

I dont understand how because xbox can advertise to consumers better about games makes them a better system? I don't think I will change your preferences as much as you will change mine. I don't think I'd tell xbox how to do a better job. The biggest seller for xbox is the 10 million dead 360 consoles that have made customers buy 10 million new 360 consoles.

The Wii is 1000% worse with finding online content, I feel that I might play the Wii more but I need more nerd score on my PSN and live accounts. I have so many cool games for the Wii but because of graphics and other games to play on PSN and xbox, I don't turn on the wii.

Trade ins for map packs? Can't you download with point cards from gamestop? I'd rather not link my account to anyone. I am 100% in agreeing with Dragon Age 2 preorder crap. I am against preordering unless there is a collectors edition that you really want.

Anyways, great cagcast as always.

ummm would love to listen but its not up on Itunes yet.
Guess i can stream it from my iPod Touch since i really wanna listen to it.
Keep up the good work,

[quote name='shogunieyasu']Wombat: but if companies cared more about making people happy and less about making money, they would just give all their content away for free. This shit makes money. Contests, sales, limited-time offers--it's all bullshit. Saying that, I did pre-order DAII so I'm stoked.

Rise up comrades, and overthrow these capitalist game distributors! Isn't that sort of the CAG ethos?

PS3 CAGS: friend me on PSN at "casparnic"[/QUOTE]

I never said give it away for free, just extend that pre-order time to closer to the release date. Nothing crazy.

[quote name='adriley313']ummm would love to listen but its not up on Itunes yet.
Keep up the good work,[/QUOTE]

I downloaded from itunes at 6am this morning

[quote name='Wombat']I never said give it away for free, just extend that pre-order time to closer to the release date. Nothing crazy.[/QUOTE]

Can't they just have the code in the 500k games they ship?

[quote name='Wombat']I never said give it away for free, just extend that pre-order time to closer to the release date. Nothing crazy.[/QUOTE]

Right, but the novelty of the idea probably generated more preorders than a standard approach would have. In a show where you are all pushing for industry innovation, I fail to see how you miss this. It would be interesting, in March, to compare pre-order numbers between DA2 and a similarly selling game that took the standard approach to preorder bonuses. I am willing to bet that DA2 will have had more preorders.

Of course, I'm not sure if those numbers are available. Maybe the show's Bioware friends can enlighten us.

[quote name='davidb69']Not playing LBP2????????????[/QUOTE]

Now this is coming from someone who has been playing platformers and loving them for nearly three decades now but LittleBigPlanet feels terrible.

I fully accept that that is my problem but it would seem that many others feel the same way about the controls and were let down by the demo for 2 being more of the same in that regard.

There is some middle-ground there between Super Mario Bros. and a full-on physics platformer and I think that Trine is much closer to my ideal than LBP.

[quote name='davidb69']

The Playstation is not going downhill, it's so much better system then the xbox which isn't the best right now. Not playing LBP2???????????? That is frustrating because you don't give it a fair chance. Sackboy jumps the way he does because he is a sackperson not a real person. Now there is jumppacks for more jumping goodness, Seriously, it's the best console game of the year. There is so much online content, there is a story mode in this version and you can make your own games in this new version. Have you guys play any of the 2 + million levels online? I think it's sad that you all just dismiss it since the game covers multiple genres. Please rethink this and give it a fair try and play online. It's a lot of fun with 3 or 4 players. Maybe all play with each other during a show.[/QUOTE]

"Seriously, it's the best console game of the year." Listen, I'm glad you enjoy a game so much that isn't even released yet and is already the best game of the year 2 weeks into 2011. That seems perfectly reasonable and logical. I do not want to play it though. I gave the first game more than a fair shot and I do not like LittleBigPlanet.

[quote name='shipwreck']Listen, I'm glad you enjoy a game so much that isn't even released yet and is already the best game of the year 2 weeks into 2011. That seems perfectly reasonable and logical.[/QUOTE]

*cough there's a beta*;)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Now this is coming from someone who has been playing platformers and loving them for nearly three decades now but LittleBigPlanet feels terrible.

I fully accept that that is my problem but it would seem that many others feel the same way about the controls and were let down by the demo for 2 being more of the same in that regard.

There is some middle-ground there between Super Mario Bros. and a full-on physics platformer and I think that Trine is much closer to my ideal than LBP.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the first 5 hours of playing LBP I bitched and whined about how it felt floaty. Then playing for hours after that you get the point of why he's floaty and get used to the jumping and how the game plays. How many games are out there as platformers that you can play hours and hours of levels to the extreme that are fresh and inventive? I have a 7 and 9 year olds that have all of us playing and striving to completed the game to 100% completion. My youngest son has come the closest. I've played the demo for 2 and it does have the same physics, I would be pissed if it was changed. I think there is some levels you can create with different gravity in 2 but I am not 100% sure. I am looking forward to the story and pasting my own sounds in new levels in LBP2. I just think people that get frustrated shouldn't quit because of the feel, the game is going to be awesome. It's ok that people don't like it. I just don't like the cagcast being dismissive and not even willing to give it a try on what will be the top selling game on consoles in January. Have you played multiplayer on the 3rd level in the demo?

[quote name='davidb69']Have you played multiplayer on the 3rd level in the demo?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Honestly, I didn't even make it through the second level before I quit-out because of the controls.

You have to realize though that LBP is totally in my wheelhouse even with me not caring for the controls...it's just not in my $60 full-price wheelhouse is all.

[quote name='adriley313']ummm would love to listen but its not up on Itunes yet.
Keep up the good work,[/QUOTE]

If you subscribe, it will download.

[quote name='davidb69'] PS3 installs, I pay for Playstation plus so it downloads updates in the background on the PS3[/QUOTE]Thank you for reminding me about this. I just turned that feature on.

[quote name='shipwreck']"Seriously, it's the best console game of the year." Listen, I'm glad you enjoy a game so much that isn't even released yet and is already the best game of the year 2 weeks into 2011. That seems perfectly reasonable and logical. I do not want to play it though. I gave the first game more than a fair shot and I do not like LittleBigPlanet.[/QUOTE]

I've played the beta. So yes, i can see it's the game of the year, for what has been released so far. It's 2 weeks into 2011 so every game that is new can be game of the year at that time. I can see some other games possibly taken that title but I need to see more from them before just handing it to them. I love Mass Effect 2 but I can't see it selling more then LBP2 on the PS3. It was the best 360 game last year though, so who knows. My problem is you are dismissing LBP2 without giving it a chance to grab you with it's story, which the first game lacked. Also the forever amount of mini games created in game and online with many genres that you can create can be amazing and I wonder if they will hurt Playstation mini sales. I also love that items bought and earned in the first game upgrade to the 2nd game. I think it would be cool if Wombat attended the Sony Guiness world record event being held in NYC next week.

First of all: I love my xbox, maybe even more than my PS3 but this episode pissed even me off.
I'm almost a little bit ashamed of this comment because I'm participating in a discourse I'm so bored with, and you can give me all the shit you want for it, BUT:
Why don't you do a run down of the xbox exclusives for 2011. Let me help you: Gears of War 3. Done. And who even gives a shit about GOW anymore? So what's the system seller for 360?
And one more thing: Im sick of the "All my friends are on 360" argument. If everybody jumps off a cliff... Just saying.

I personally don't think Sony's problem is their exclusive games that they release. I think the diversity that the PS3 brings to consoles is one of it's stronger points. I think the biggest disconnection for most people with the PS3 is honestly the interface. Sure people like to play their games but they would also like to talk to their friends or listen to their own music and not every game has that on the PS3. The PS3 is very inconsistent on the features it has for their games whether it YouTube uploads, custom soundtrack, Trophies, or saving screenshots. The 360 has standards that every game must have being party chat, custom soundtracks, and achievements and that what people expect for every game they play. Though I do prefer playing my games on the PS3, I do fully understand that the PS3 is a chore of a system to stomach. I'm personally able to deal with it but some gamers aren't.

Love the podcast guys and this was my first comment ever so keep up the good work and never waver from the opinions you have. Wombat I actually like Heavy Rain but I respect your opinion on saying it's terrible. See, you can have one good comment from someone that isn't chastising you for having an opinion. ;)

Regarding the PS3/Xbox debate, I would not call any of the hosts "fanboys". They make very solid, well-thought out arguments. I agree with many of their points, but tend to prefer the PS3 for other reasons. I think the biggest, most obvious leg up that the 360 has over the PS3 is the online experience. The way that Xbox Live is seamlessly integrated throughout the entire online experience is far superior to the way PSN is implemented. Having said that, you of course have to pay for Xbox Live (and the price has gone up) while PSN is free. So for me, that is a wash for the most part. I don't mind paying for better service and more features, but online multiplayer aside, most of the "features" that are included in an XBL Gold membership are a complete rip-off (e.g. - having to pay a premium for access to Netflix, Hulu Plus, ESPN, Last.fm, etc).

Shipwreck's rundown of 2011 PS3 exclusives did a good job of highlighting the fact that Sony are essentially only appealing to their base and not spending enough energy on bringing in new consumers. However, I think the most glaring omission in his statements was the increasing number of media-centric features of the PS3. Of course, its always been a fantastic Blu-ray player, but they have taken great strides to bring more and more Internet-based media-streaming services to the console. With the additions of Netflix, Hulu Plus, MLB, NHL, and Vudu (and presumably more to come in the future), I think Sony is positioning the PS3 as one of the best options for a set-top box, in addition to already being a great game console. The most important point to be made is that PS3 users get access to all these features without having to pay for any sort of premium membership, beyond what is required by each respective service (e.g. - you don't need XBL Gold/PS+ to use these great features). Not to mention, you can also play all sorts of video, music, and photo files on the console.

While I certainly agree that Sony isn't doing enough to bring in new consumers on the games side, I think the efforts they've made to add all these other non-gaming features to the PS3 make it a pretty appealing set-top box/game console to people who aren't already on the Sony bandwagon.

[quote name='CheapyD']If you subscribe, it will download.
[/QUOTE]

i dont have iTunes on a computer just my iPod Touch.
Its all good ill just stream it from the website.

thx a bunch and keep rockin

If i have a pS3 id play LBP2 and the CE
who doesnt love sackboy

So... what's your point? After talking an hour about how shitty SONY or the PS3 is, you post this comment? Seriously, what is your point? *shakes head*

bread's done
Back