Photo
- - - - -

LittleBigPlanet 2 $57.99, Mass Effect 2 $56.99, Each With $20 Credit at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

#31 lilman

lilman

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

I dropped my CE pre-order for this. $40 difference just didn't make sense. Sometimes you can find CEs cheap later.

+1
$40 difference is just too much, cancelled ce for se

#32 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

20 credit for anything? So with other discounts it'd be $40 cost + $20 back to a place I spend tons of money? I'm going to regret not getting this lol.

#33 KansasFF

KansasFF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:02 AM

release date delivery gone now though :sadface:

#34 lilman

lilman

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

release date delivery gone now though :sadface:

Maybe because of the holiday tomorrow?

#35 heavenscloud

heavenscloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

I locked in my pre-order for the CE last July, with video game credit that was about to expire. Is it possible to to move VG credit around to another order by calling Amazon? I was really looking forward to the CE, but the extra content isn't worth the $40 difference to me.

#36 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

why the Fuck did they wait till last minute to do this?

#37 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

I locked in my pre-order for the CE last July, with video game credit that was about to expire. Is it possible to to move VG credit around to another order by calling Amazon? I was really looking forward to the CE, but the extra content isn't worth the $40 difference to me.

I gurantee you'd be able to sell the extras for more than $40. I think all the DLC alone would get that amount, the plush $15, and the book ends $20

#38 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

That plushie is my only reason to get the CE but with that $20 credit i'm not sure... this is one good deal, i wasn't planning on buying it yet.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
T24ZDZQ.jpg2q1uoso.jpg

#39 heavenscloud

heavenscloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

I gurantee you'd be able to sell the extras for more than $40. I think all the DLC alone would get that amount, the plush $15, and the book ends $20

I hope so. Definitely feeling some buyer's remorse on this one. To make matters worse, Amazon hasn't even done the pre-order price guarantee for my order yet, so I'll paying a few cents short of MSRP.

#40 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Awesome... picked it up!

#41 Stinker101

Stinker101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Amazon.com is offering a $20 promotional credit on Mass Effect 2 for the PS3. Current price is 56.99

Amazon.com Pre-order Bonus
Order this game and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
http://www.amazon.co...95223673&sr=1-1

Edited by CheapyD, 17 January 2011 - 01:41 AM.
changed gift certificate to promotional credit

#42 dood23

dood23

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:26 AM

finally put up credit for this! now that brings my artificial total to only 20 bucks 8-)

#43 SolidMGSnake

SolidMGSnake

Big CAG Boss

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Anyone else not get release day shipping as an option?

edit: Well after speakin to customer support, it needed to have been preordered at least 5 days b4 release.

Edited by SolidMGSnake, 17 January 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#44 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:29 AM

That plushie is my only reason to get the CE but with that $20 credit i'm not sure... this is one good deal, i wasn't planning on buying it yet.

one word: GONZO

(plus those game/bookends look pretty cool)

#45 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

Going to call amazon about getting the $20 for my CE. I spent at least a thousand dollars at amazon on games alone and they give $20 for the standard, but the CE is $80 and they give nothing...yeah logic ftw.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#46 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

Damn. I Preordered from a guy for 50 and he won't cancel the transaction D:
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#47 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

I was on the fence but in for one!

No release date shipping is unfortunate, but I'll take the $20 credit. :)
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#48 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:38 AM

not only is it $8 off (if you bought it at a store you'd get charged $65 for tax) you get $20 amazon credit! greAT DEAL!
Posted Image

#49 ElBlueGuey

ElBlueGuey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

This applies if I had it pre-ordered already right? I used up credit on it before it expired and I don't want to lose that.

NVM, I read it there, so I'm assuming yes, if not I can always contact CS.

#50 rich024

rich024

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

Going to call amazon about getting the $20 for my CE. I spent at least a thousand dollars at amazon on games alone and they give $20 for the standard, but the CE is $80 and they give nothing...yeah logic ftw.

same here :(

#51 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

I really hate that I get charged tax at amazon :(

#52 czissis

czissis

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

Was going to wait for this to drop but with the $20 credit combined with Amazon credit I already have, I can't say no.

Thanks OP.

#53 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

Well I just disputed the transaction on ebay. So I can get this instead. Now I have to wait like 2 weeks -.-
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee

#54 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

I was also wanting the CE... but this deal is too good to pass up!

Dang, no release day shipping, but not a dealbreaker for me.

#55 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

I'm on the fence. I wanted the CE but didn't want to pay full price. The $20 credit would have been a sure deal maker, but it's not enough for me to pick up the regular edition. I have a ton of games, so by the time I get to this one I think it will already have dropped in price.
Posted Image

#56 Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

Definitely let us know how that goes please. I also preordered the CE and the lack of credit is giving me buyer's remorse like a mofo.

#57 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:06 AM

Holy crap that buyer on ebay was fast. He gave me a full refund. Time to preorder... Thanks OP!

#58 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

Holy crap that buyer on ebay was fast. He gave me a full refund. Time to preorder... Thanks OP!

wow good of him to do that, I bet many other ebayers wouldn't have.

#59 razrvamp

razrvamp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

Amazon will apply the 20$ credit to the CE. I just got off chat with them.

#60 Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

Amazon will apply the 20$ credit to the CE. I just got off chat with them.

Did you did it thru chat or phone? Also, how did you word it? Dont want to blow my chances here..