Photo
- - - - -

Nier [360] $14.99 FSS, Amazon Prime, etc.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Didn't you feel dumb when you saw the big red quest-marker X on the screen pointing you to the correct beach? I know I did.

To be honest, I never did see the red X since I went online and found exactly what to do for that part; but I would have laughed a little for sure. Who would think there were two different beaches in the same town, and they pick the one that is kind of hidden on the other side of the town through a little tunnel?

I think my favorite part of fishing though was the comically large sizes that it says you were catching. I'm no physics master, but a dude with a tiny little wooden fishing rod should not be able to fish up something that weighs 15,000 pounds or whatever some of those big things were. Plus the graphic for the fish would have to be a whale sized monster.

#32 escoe

escoe

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:28 PM

I wish I nier bought this game
:bouncy:

#33 sokari

sokari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

Nier is a good game, especially if you like JRPGs and appreciate an excellent soundtrack. And at $15, it's a great game. I picked it up at GameStop a couple weeks ago and have not regretted it at all.

The soundtrack is probably the best part of the game in my opinion, with the plot coming close to it. Character development is very well done even including NPCs (old lady in Seafront, one of the towns in the game). The only negative point of the game for me is in the gameplay, in which some of the magic-based abilities comes off as rather useless while others are clearly superior. This is one of those games that I found where watching videos (whether reviews, gameplay, etc.) does not do it justice, so I suggest actually trying out the game. At $15, it's a great deal; I personally picked it up from GameFly for around the same price during their winter sale.

Here's an example of one of the tracks that I particularly like.

Spoiler

#34 Ratchet & CAG

Ratchet & CAG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

After reading reviews from IGN, Gamespot, and Gametrailers:

The things that are good about this game are the Story and the Music.

Everything else from the Graphics to the Gameplay is just below average to average.

Btw, the Japanese PS3 version has the main character as the brother of the victim... while the US 360/PS3 version has him as the father. Crazy.

#35 sokari

sokari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

After reading reviews from IGN, Gamespot, and Gametrailers:

The things that are good about this game are the Story and the Music.

Everything else from the Graphics to the Gameplay is just below average to average.

Btw, the Japanese PS3 version has the main character as the brother of the victim... while the US 360/PS3 version has him as the father. Crazy.

You didn't bother to check out the reviews from Amazon?

http://www.amazon.co...howViewpoints=1

There was a reason that the game was considered to be underrated, and it was because of the poor "professional" reviews.

#36 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

How are these opinions & not herp derp it sucks-type posts?

Any person with a brain would glance over these blatant trolls & read reviews (as well as watch gameplay videos), you know, actual opinions on how a game is.

:roll: considering most reviews and opinions say the game is mediocre at best. comments like yours seem like fanboyism

#37 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:15 PM

I really am enjoying this game. It isn't perfect, but it is solid. I highly recommend it for $14.99. :)

The dialogue is great, the combat is good. The graphics? Not FFXIII, but nice.
Posted Image

#38 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

:roll: considering most reviews and opinions say the game is mediocre at best. comments like yours seem like fanboyism

In what way does that make me a fanboy? =\ I despise morons coming into threads for games they obviously don't like & leaving single sentence remarks like "oh man shit's garbage better avoid", as well as people like that other guy thinking that's as much of a valid opinion as someone who's actually played enough of it & describes their experience in detail.

Not sure which came first, Gestalt or Replicant, but the differences came from which would sell better. But really there is zero differences besides the relationship towards Yonah & lines being said regarding the relationship. Though anyone who's played both versions will most likely agree that Gestalt (the father version) is the better of the two, father/daughter feels more natural while brother/sister feels forced at times.

Edited by UberNinjaz, 18 January 2011 - 02:05 AM.

#39 VegasRobb

VegasRobb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

Thanks OP :)

#40 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:40 AM

In what way does that make me a fanboy? =\ I despise morons coming into threads for games they obviously don't like & leaving single sentence remarks like "oh man shit's garbage better avoid", as well as people like that other guy thinking that's as much of a valid opinion as someone who's actually played enough of it & describes their experience in detail.

how do you know those guys have never played the game? maybe they bought it, played it for 10 hours and just didnt like it... it happens. you should be mad at the people that say "oh its worth it for the music alone" thats even worse. Yeah just forget the boring quest & combat. Bad graphics and love it or hate it story right? :roll:

#41 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

how do you know those guys have never played the game? maybe they bought it, played it for 10 hours and just didnt like it... it happens. you should be mad at the people that say "oh its worth it for the music alone" thats even worse. Yeah just forget the boring quest & combat. Bad graphics and love it or hate it story right? :roll:

Well Told!

#42 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:41 AM

I was pretty undersold on this for a while. Then I started reading the guide a little and it sounds much more intriguing than I expected. Sitting on a bunch of Amazon credit, so I'll consider it. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#43 Ryan_gf

Ryan_gf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:24 AM

Nier threads always make me laugh. Everyone always jumps in to troll going on about "IT GOT BAD REVIEWS fu Nier", and they always end up bicking with the people who actually played the game and loved it. The game is a LOT of fun. It's certainly not reinventing the wheel but it has many high points, chief amongst them being the story and music. Yes, the music is good enough to mention. If you had played through the whole game you would know that :roll:

#44 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

Nier is awesome. All that needs to be said.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#45 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

Nier is awesome. All that needs to be said.

Avatar looks really realistically drawn. Have the full size picture of that Kaine art?

#46 Rei no Otaku

Rei no Otaku

Rei's love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Spoiler

Edited by shrike4242, 15 February 2011 - 04:28 PM.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#47 SpecXero

SpecXero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

$9.99 at gogamer

#48 UberNinjaz

UberNinjaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

how do you know those guys have never played the game?

I never said that, did I? I don't care what people think of NIER or anything else, but coming into a thread to say its garbage & nothing more is absurd. I don't know why you & that other guy are twisting it into something else basically supporting troll posts such as those. Might wanna try actually reading them instead of hitting the quote button next time =\

#49 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Kaine pic

Ha, you should put that behind a spoiler tag.

#50 gmsick

gmsick

SAY IT WITH YA CHEST

• Silenced

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

I never said that, did I? I don't care what people think of NIER or anything else, but coming into a thread to say its garbage & nothing more is absurd. I don't know why you & that other guy are twisting it into something else basically supporting troll posts such as those. Might wanna try actually reading them instead of hitting the quote button next time =\

obviously you do care what people think of nier or you wouldnt have responded to those so called troll posts in the first place. :roll:

#51 Myncy

Myncy

Freddie Mercury Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:35 AM

for $15 I went ahead and got it. $15 is my "I was interested so I'll give it a shot" price that got me Fight NIght Round 4, Saboteur and Lost Planet 2

#52 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

3 more left with more on the way. Not sure if it will still be this price after they restock.

#53 SAVertigo

SAVertigo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:55 AM

I jumped on this, will be here tomorrow.

I've heard lots of stuff about this game, both good and bad, but for $15, I'll risk it.

#54 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:57 AM

Just want to say, if you miss out on getting it from Amazon, you can still get it for 14.99 from Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop....roduct_id=75033

You could also use this as part of their B1G1 50% off deal that's going on til the 31st. The 50% off is only applicable towards any used game.

FS over $20.