Photo
- - - - -

Buy a New Game, Get a Used Game 50% Off at GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

#541 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

So as for my order with 3 copies of space chimps that was being "verified" for over a week, I called yesterday and they said it was because they were sold out of Space Chimps. I asked them why their website would offer a product that they did not actually have for over 2 days and not inform me at all.
They didn't have an answer and just canceled my order.

So I re-ordered online asap with different games and it's now being "verified" again.

Hopefully I made the deadline as the code worked last night.

#-o:roll: The order would've likely processed once they got it back in stock, but you have to be PATIENT when glitches like this occur and not be an asshat and call them.

But if you're using the SAVER shipping then it's going to take at least two days to process and another 2-10 or more to get to you.

Speaking of which, my order hasn't made any further headway to me since being processed through the USPS sort facility in Fort Worth, TX on the 25th. If it were sent via first class mail, then it's being treated like third class mail then.:-#

I can still remember when I first started sending out packages via USPS. When you got Delivery Confirmation on a package it tracked it at EVERY stop it made. Now you're lucky with FCM parcels if it's scanned at acceptance and delivery.:roll:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#542 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Just got in Space Chimps and my extra copy of Black Ops. Black Ops was in practically new condition, complete. Space Chimps was new, but the box was all beat up and dented. Good deal for $27 shipped.
Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#543 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'll miss this wonderful deal. here's to a 2011 full of gamestop.com shenanigans!

#544 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

I got my Epic Mickey today. I was reluctant to bite for fear of getting a beat-up generic case with no manual and a scratched disc, but GS actually surprised me. I wish I could always order with confidence.

Space Chimps I guess must be shipping separately? I don't actually want it, but I was surprised it wasn't packed together.

#545 tekssx

tekssx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Got some of my shipments and so far I have been so happy with them, used games in MINT CONDITIONS with bonuses inside, so happy. Thanks gamestop, hope to see more out of you guys this year.

#546 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Since the code is still coming up on the cart page when you add it, those of you who waited too long could try doing what many(including me) said NOT to do and CALL GS customer service and hope they tell you to just place the order and they'll credit you back.;)

Posted Image

#547 jstnhickey

jstnhickey

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:54 AM

I didn't receive any manuals with the orders I made. Has anyone tried to return theirs to the store just to get a manual?

#548 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:13 AM

I didn't receive any manuals with the orders I made. Has anyone tried to return theirs to the store just to get a manual?

You don't need to do a return (unless you want to). Just bring the game and shipping slip to a store. Ask if they have a manual for the game you bought online. If they do, they will give it to you. Also works for game cases if they sent you a black gamestop case instead of a real game case.

Edited by CaseX, 28 January 2011 - 08:53 AM.

#549 imacjenn

imacjenn

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

I got my games - 3 days total between order and received time using saver shipping. My third order was processed and shipped the same day and will probably be here tomorrow. Shipping is one thing Gamestop does worlds better than Amazon - even though I'm much closer to Amazon warehouses than GS.

In any case, Black Ops and AC:B both came with cases/artwork and manuals in very good condition and the discs themselves were in good condition. Black Ops has kind of a large ring near the middle of the disc - haven't tried playing it yet but I'll probably just swap it out. AC:B disc had a few scuffs but nothing major and plays fine.

#550 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

I got my order today. :ps3:Black Ops was complete, but has a surface scratch on it about an inch or so long.:roll:

As for Space Chimps, I think that's gonna go up on my 'free with a trade' list on my TL on CAG.:razz: Although I'll likely send it disc only cuz the packaging is just ridiculous for shovelware.

Posted Image

#551 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

I received a beautiful copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) today. The damn game had a sticker on the cover that said "Defective - Return to WH" (it wasn't even covered up) and the game won't load on my PS3 at all (someone managed to scratch up a relatively new Blu-Ray game.) The first time I inserted it into my PS3 it wouldn't load, and the second time my PS3 spit the disc back out.

The store exchanged it without a problem and I got a mint looking disc there that works fine. The employees did get a kick out of the fact that they sent me a game clearly marked as "defective", and they even found it funnier that there was a clear sticker with a date indicating that it was checked and approved by someone at the warehouse.

All of the other games I received were fine though.

#552 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:25 AM

I received a beautiful copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) today. The damn game had a sticker on the cover that said "Defective - Return to WH" (it wasn't even covered up) and the game won't load on my PS3 at all (someone managed to scratch up a relatively new Blu-Ray game.) The first time I inserted it into my PS3 it wouldn't load, and the second time my PS3 spit the disc back out.

The store exchanged it without a problem and I got a mint looking disc there that works fine. The employees did get a kick out of the fact that they sent me a game clearly marked as "defective", and they even found it funnier that there was a clear sticker with a date indicating that it was checked and approved by someone at the warehouse.

I got the same type of sticker on my Wii Party. It works fine though. Seems whoever was in charge of resurfacing your COD or doing whatever they were supposed to to make it work did an assy job. Glad to hear you got a better copy!
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#553 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

My copy of BO had a defective sticker on it as well. I think I'm going to test it out in a bit to be sure it works. If not, then I know where I'm headed tomorrow afternoon/evening.:D It has a pretty long surface scratch on it, but otherwise I can't see anything wrong with the disc.

EDIT: :bomb::bomb:I just got an 'error' screen when trying to load in Black Ops. But I tried it a second time and it loaded the game, but I had to immediately exit back out due to a new patch for it.:roll:

Oh well. I guess I'm gonna swap it out in store tomorrow for a hopefully non defective copy.:-#

Second EDIT: Crap. It gave my PS3 the 80010514 error twice, which according to multiple forums is the start of the PS3 equivalent of the RROD.:roll: Fuck. But I tried Little Big Planet 2 in it after ejecting that pos and it's playing.

Edited by IAmTheCheapestGamer, 29 January 2011 - 01:27 AM.

Posted Image

#554 ssjChris

ssjChris

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:53 PM

Got my first wave of games in yesterday. Haven't tested them out yet, but Resident Evil came a in generic case (which I replaced myself since I had Wii cases sitting around) and no manual and AC: Brotherhood came complete. Both game discs were in very good condition.

I'm expecting my last shipment eventually, it's been in Hagerstown for three days and they won't ship it due to a little snow that barely even effected the roads. Called UPS, and they said they had someone out. Still no package. I'm getting tempted to give them a visit.

#555 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Will it ever come back ? (Promotion)

:whee:
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#556 Bargain Hunter Bob

Bargain Hunter Bob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

I always miss out on these deals.
Now Playing:
:360: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2; Walking Dead
:ps3: MLB The Show 13
:3ds: :ds: :wii: :psp: Collecting dust

#557 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

I swapped out my scratched COD: BO I got in yesterday from GS.com and after getting the swap out I was told that I was truly 100% banned from the stores. If I want or need to swap something out from here on out I have to deal with either corporate via the website/customer service line and/or talk to their DM prior to coming in to get permission.

:rofl: Ahhhhh. Funny shit. Gamestop and their corporate officers can eat shit as far as I'm concerned. As long as they keep allowing me to buy shit from the website I'll continue ONLY buying from them when it's a glitch that benefits me.

Posted Image

#558 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:55 AM

I swapped out my scratched COD: BO I got in yesterday from GS.com and after getting the swap out I was told that I was truly 100% banned from the stores. If I want or need to swap something out from here on out I have to deal with either corporate via the website/customer service line and/or talk to their DM prior to coming in to get permission.

:rofl: Ahhhhh. Funny shit. Gamestop and their corporate officers can eat shit as far as I'm concerned. As long as they keep allowing me to buy shit from the website I'll continue ONLY buying from them when it's a glitch that benefits me.

So let me get this straight. They ban you (more intensely) because you want to switch out one of their mystery copies for a non-shit in-store copy. Then they say it's still okay for you to order more of their online fodder?

It's like they're telling you it's okay to continue to take advantage of their glitches, but only if you take their poor condition stuff. Yeah. If anything they'd do better if they banned you from GS.com and allowed you free reign instore ;)
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#559 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

So let me get this straight. They ban you (more intensely) because you want to switch out one of their mystery copies for a non-shit in-store copy. Then they say it's still okay for you to order more of their online fodder?

It's like they're telling you it's okay to continue to take advantage of their glitches, but only if you take their poor condition stuff. Yeah. If anything they'd do better if they banned you from GS.com and allowed you free reign instore ;)

If they allowed me free reign in-store and banned me from the website and the free reign included unlimited trading again I would bury their asses with tons of shovelware shit that was scratched to oblivion and would never play even after being resurfaced and game systems that were 20 minutes from dead.:evil::evil::evil::lol:

If I knew anyone who could do trades FOR me I'd have switched to that MO by now, but unfortunately my family doesn't wanna know anything about games(trading them in or otherwise) so I'm pretty much SOL at this point.:cry:

I think I'll go check where my hopefully sealed and truly new $20 copy of Red Dead Redemption is at on it's route to me from them.

Banning me from buying from the stores, but letting me still take advantage of their sale glitches online was the WORST thing they could've ever done. If they thought I was bad before, I'm gonna be the truest epitome of a devil customer now.

Posted Image

#560 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:19 AM

Banning me from buying from the stores, but letting me still take advantage of their sale glitches online was the WORST thing they could've ever done. If they thought I was bad before, I'm gonna be the truest epitome of a devil customer now.

So did they pull up your transaction on the computer and noticed that you did the glitch? I noticed a few people in this thread mentioning how their GS staff told them they got a good price on their games. My packing slips didn't list prices, and my GS staff were mostly oblivious. One didn't even know if she could help me because there was no price listed on the slip.

I think it's ridiculous that they banned you for that. It's not like you were buying up 100 games. If they can't program their web sites properly, that's their fault.

#561 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:41 AM

So did they pull up your transaction on the computer and noticed that you did the glitch? I noticed a few people in this thread mentioning how their GS staff told them they got a good price on their games. My packing slips didn't list prices, and my GS staff were mostly oblivious. One didn't even know if she could help me because there was no price listed on the slip.

I think it's ridiculous that they banned you for that. It's not like you were buying up 100 games. If they can't program their web sites properly, that's their fault.

Actually they banned me for all of the trade-ins of multiple of the same item.:cry: I guess I was considered a 'dealer', though if I were a dealer I'd be selling all that shit on my own and be making real money instead of credit I'm stuck spending at GS.:roll:. It's not like they didn't resell all the HDMI cables and various games they paid me X amount for for 3-4x that and still made their money back on them.

My order that I swapped out today had the prices listed on it though and the girl who did the swap out even said she 'knows me by now' so she knew I probably got in on a glitch to get the game for that cheap.:lol:

Posted Image

#562 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:43 AM

Actually they banned me for all of the trade-ins of multiple of the same item.:cry: I guess I was considered a 'dealer', though if I were a dealer I'd be selling all that shit on my own and be making real money instead of credit I'm stuck spending at GS.:roll:.

This is my least favorite of all of GS's rules. It is totally meaningless. Technically everyone who trades games to them is a dealer. By giving them games in exchange for credit you have made a deal with GS. They should just tell everyone after their first trade in that they are now banned for life.

#563 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:47 AM

Yes. But I think the thing that made me different than most of their customers was that I was clearly trading in stuff I paid a pittance for and I was getting a lot more than I paid.

If I were their typical clientele then I would've been buying a game for $60 one week and trading it in by itself with no promos/EDGE/PUR the next week for $25. Then they likely wouldn't have had a problem with my trading habits.

But since I was reducing their profits(or so they thought apparently) then I was the devil and I had to be banished.:booty:

Posted Image

#564 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:03 AM

I understand what you are saying, but based on the wording of their own rules no one should actually be allowed to trade with them and, to me, that makes it a really stupid rule to have.

#565 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:52 AM

truely you are the DOUCHEYESTGAMER

#566 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:26 AM

truely you are the DOUCHEYESTGAMER

:razz:Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya verrrry much.:booty:

Posted Image