Buy a New Game, Get a Used Game 50% Off at GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

#61 Ilikecoldbeverages

Ilikecoldbeverages

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

I don't get it... I put Okami Den ($30) in my cart, and try to put in a $28 game but it won't work. I then try putting in a $5 game instead and it works fine.

EDIT: I tried with a $28 PS2 game and it worked... I guess it just doesn't apply to Gamecube games?

#62 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

in spite of what others may end up saying, in my experience gs orders almost never get canceled, and i have taken advantage of many glitches in the online sales.

qfe

#63 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

DOUBT It ships

NEW
Fast Food Panic - Nintendo DS . $7.99

USED Invisimals - Sony PSP $19.99

TOTAL SHIPPED 18.95
WOOOO I STINK

#64 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

Can this work if you bought a digital download, then an overpriced new game? There are some "new" digital downloads on the PC that are $3.

#65 cod4rulez4

cod4rulez4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

I want to get the rerelease of ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, and the other used game that I really want is Blazblue Continuum Shift...but that game has been out of stock used since before they ran the Preorder a Game and get 50% off used promo!!!!!

#66 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

Can this work if you bought a digital download, then an overpriced new game? There are some "new" digital downloads on the PC that are $3.

you mean an overpriced USED game since you need a NEW game and a USED ONE
WOOOO I STINK

#67 bengalboy

bengalboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Oh yeah, sorry my wording was bad, meant a PC "new" download, then a overpriced USED game. :)

#68 ryushe

ryushe

Dopey Otaku Assassin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

Meh, nothing for me.

#69 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:42 PM

Posted Image

"Pre-owned game must be of equal or lesser value..."

To all those people who bought a $2 new game to get a $50 used game half off, I wish you luck.

#70 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

caved in and bought section 8 with black ops 33$ after tax which is a meh deal i guess

#71 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

Figures, every game I would even slightly want is OOS T_T

MidoriMonkey.png

#72 ackbar7

ackbar7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Posted Image

"Pre-owned game must be of equal or lesser value..."

To all those people who bought a $2 new game to get a $50 used game half off, I wish you luck.

As I stated earlier, I think there is little chance these get canceled. There is nothing in GS's history to suggest they are going to catch and cancel these. People like to think GS is smarter than they really are.

#73 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Figures, every game I would even slightly want is OOS T_T

Tank Girl!

#74 Hsith

Hsith

Black Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:19 AM

I haven't bought anything used from gamestop before, I mostly bought all my games from gamefly.
So, what are the conditions of their used games? Did they come with manual and everything?

#75 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

I haven't bought anything used from gamestop before, I mostly bought all my games from gamefly.
So, what are the conditions of their used games? Did they come with manual and everything?

It's riskier to buy from GS, it's likely that you might not get a manual or even the original case at all. That's why there's so much hate for GS, but I have my fingers crossed for my order.

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Honestly, you never know how they'll come. You can always exchange in store though if you're not happy with the condition.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#77 SLeeK719

SLeeK719

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:58 AM

I've been wanting to pick up Madden 11 again so I got that used with a new copy of Nier. $39.96 for both shipped, not bad at all.

#78 sephiroth61787

sephiroth61787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:59 AM

Pre-Ordered Pokemon Black and got Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition with it. Saver worked for free shipping on both of them.

#79 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:15 AM

Honestly, you never know how they'll come. You can always exchange in store though if you're not happy with the condition.

Yeah, depending on your interpretation of condition, the product in store may be worse. I tried looking for some cheap used games this weekend with that coupon and didnt even want to touch the boxes. They were all mangled to hell and looked like a dog chewed/slobbered all over them.

Worse, two stores I went to that had copies of AC:Brotherhood used in store were in generic boxes. Really? A two month old game already appearing used in multiple locations without box or manual? Thats just awful. I wish people would stop buying their used games that dont have all materials intact. At least they should be discounted more heavily. Pisses me off that people buy them, which in turn allows GS to keep selling them/accepting trade ins like that.

Diet soda is the worst.

Wrencrest.png

#80 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:20 AM

Pre-Ordered Pokemon Black and got Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition with it. Saver worked for free shipping on both of them.

if they would get some of the newer DS/psp games in used wouldnt mind doing

an order for

Dragon quest 6 with a good used game
and
pokemon black/white with a good used game

BUT im sure some place will do a 10 to 20buck gift card with these games
WOOOO I STINK

#81 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

Just received a shipment confirmation for those worried these orders might get canceled.

#82 dangus

dangus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:37 AM

Just got a shipping confirmation e-mail as well.

#83 Hsith

Hsith

Black Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

#84 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:05 AM

Shipment confirmed!

#85 maddog66

maddog66

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

A new copy of nier and rdr for $32. Not too shabby.

#86 Fiendly

Fiendly

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

i got Resident Evil 4 and ICO for $30. classy as hell.

#87 Reck_Havoc

Reck_Havoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Better hurry, they've got Space Chimps back at $1.99, just ordered it along with Assassins Creed Brotherhood for $20.58.

Thanks op!

#88 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:18 AM

Try this search for new games. Bunch of cheap PC games are still available and can narrow your search by system by selecting the system on the left side. Yes I know it's late and I was bored.

http://www.gamestop....,N:211-79-375-6
Posted ImagePosted Image

#89 2000man

2000man

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:30 AM

great deal, but I can't find any Wii deals for me. My daughter wants Kirby's Epic Yarn and Donkey Kong Country Returns, but they are both OOS.

#90 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

Still can't pull the trigger on $30 for Blops.