Buy a New Game, Get a Used Game 50% Off at GameStop.com

• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

#91 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:19 AM

Used Section 8 pc for 4.99 and Two Worlds pc for 4.99 as bait for AC: Brotherhood and Red Dead Redemption. Been waiting forever to get Red Dead.

If I didn't already have Blood Bowl or Nier for 360, I would've of used those two for 9.99 and 14.99 respectively.

#92 DrBrianFields

DrBrianFields

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:28 AM

I secretly believe they are allowing this error in the deal to go through to get rid of the massive quantities of shitty games that no one will ever buy otherwise.

#93 ryanmassacre

ryanmassacre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

I was gonna pull the trigger on dead bowl & assassins creed bro. Hood for $25 but then I realized I still haven't opened assassins creed 2 and I've had that since last xmass when it was released... damn you back log!!!

It works with pre orders I may be back in...

#94 YEEAHHBOYYY

YEEAHHBOYYY

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

I secretly believe they are allowing this error in the deal to go through to get rid of the massive quantities of shitty games that no one will ever buy otherwise.

this.

#95 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

i wish i could do it.... had 4 copies of space chimps in my cart with CoD: BO, AC: B, Red Dead, and Final Fantasy 13.... couldn't do it..... really wanted to but i would hate myself for it :cry:

considering going with:

New: runefactory 2
Gears 2 GOTY
Used: Red Dead
AC: Brotherhood

comes to around $70

I wouldn't hate myself for taking part in the deal one bit, but as others have said already there's nothing really good in stock for PS3. So I guess I'm sitting out this sale as well.:cry:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#96 Lyricsborn

Lyricsborn

CAG of the Year

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:22 AM

Nice got a 40 gift card.

#97 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, depending on your interpretation of condition, the product in store may be worse. I tried looking for some cheap used games this weekend with that coupon and didnt even want to touch the boxes. They were all mangled to hell and looked like a dog chewed/slobbered all over them.

Worse, two stores I went to that had copies of AC:Brotherhood used in store were in generic boxes. Really? A two month old game already appearing used in multiple locations without box or manual? Thats just awful. I wish people would stop buying their used games that dont have all materials intact. At least they should be discounted more heavily. Pisses me off that people buy them, which in turn allows GS to keep selling them/accepting trade ins like that.

:rofl: You think the copies of two month old games that're disc only is bad? I've seen a week old newer release in a generic case with no coverart and manual before.:-#:bomb:

Hell. I ordered Little Big Planet GOTY used about a week or two after it came out from GS.com. It came in a bleh black case with no coverart.:roll::-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#98 steve nash

steve nash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:01 AM

new release used on the shelf disk only = stolen from walmart

#99 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the post OP! Didn't want to bother with a $5 PC game and Space Chimps wasn't in stock, so I just pre-ordered Ys: I&II and got a used BlOps.
Posted Image

#100 guesswhat

guesswhat

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:02 AM

Can used games bought online be exchanged in store? I only buy things from Gamestop in person when they have B2G1 and I always make sure to get the original box + disc in good condition. I've read most of the time gamestop.com orders are usually scratched and come in a generic case but I can't stand having generic cases for games. For those looking for a $5 filler just go to PC games and sort Lowest Price or just click this link

http://www.gamestop....01|1|,N:140-211

#101 hawaiiboy

hawaiiboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

Can used games bought online be exchanged in store?

yes

#102 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Eh, with the additional 5 dollars for the stock game, the chance of getting the game incomplete and scratched to shit... it's not worth it.

I was thinking about Tatsunoko vs Capcom for ~17, but I bet I'll able to find it at that price new, if I look hard enough.

#103 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

the used ps3 games that are available is just sad. no deal for me.

#104 guesswhat

guesswhat

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

DO NOT POST ABOUT RETURN FRAUD ON CAG.

Thank you,
gwen

Edited by guinaevere, 18 January 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#105 miriamleo

miriamleo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

yes

If a game doesn't come with box or manual when order online, do I just go to local Gamestop and ask them for one? And they will just give it to you?

#106 guesswhat

guesswhat

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:13 AM

If a game doesn't come with box or manual when order online, do I just go to local Gamestop and ask them for one? And they will just give it to you?

I've never bought anything from gamestop.com until now but about a month ago I got 3 games from the B2G1 Free and one of the games didn't have the original box so I went to another gamestop and just told them the disc would randomly freeze up and I just asked for one in the original case and they gave it to me no questions asked so I would assume it would be the same situation.

#107 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:11 PM

what is the cheapest new game?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#108 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Went with PokePark and Force Unleashed 2 used, 2 copies of Section 8 for PC new. 59.78 shipped. tax sucked, was almost $10.

edit: sorry for the double post lol

edit 2: the almost 10 was the estimated tax, looking at order history tax is under $5, woot.

Edited by Drclaw411, 18 January 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#109 Detonation

Detonation

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Went with PokePark and Force Unleashed 2 used, 2 copies of Section 8 for PC new. 59.78 shipped. tax sucked, was almost $10.

edit: sorry for the double post lol

edit 2: the almost 10 was the estimated tax, looking at order history tax is under $5, woot.

Yea the checkout estimates the tax on the total amount before the discount. For some reason it doesn't get calculated properly until after you place your order.

And I guess I had nothing to worry about with things getting cancelled, all my orders have already shipped!

#110 realskillz

realskillz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

they canceled all my orders

#111 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

How many did you make? I just did one and it went through and has already shipped.

#112 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

wtf. "sorry...um...no deal for teh yoo. we want more money. our fail but...yeah...fuckums yoo."

#113 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

why online only? lame

#114 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:29 PM

it DID SAY LIMIT 1 PER PERSON so maybe that is why they cancelled them all
WOOOO I STINK

#115 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

it DID SAY LIMIT 1 PER PERSON so maybe that is why they cancelled them all

it did? one order per person or one set of games per person?

#116 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

just noticed that the coupon expiration is set for 1/31. that's terrific.

#117 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

Awesome deal! I just ordered "Friends: The One with All the Trivia - Playstation 2" new for $4.99 and Kinect Sports used ($39.99) for a grand total of $25.69 shipped after the coupon and Edge discount (and 6% tax). Nice! I'll trade in the Friends game for a few pennies off that (do they still take PS2 games?). :) Thanks OP for the heads up!

Crunchewy.png

#118 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

what is the cheapest new game?

Cheapest I could find that's in-stock was "Friends: The One with All the Trivia - PS2", but I may not have searched as long as I should of. I forgot that PC games count. Maybe there's something cheaper for that.

Crunchewy.png

#119 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Question, Are the people who are getting there orders approved and shipped doing multiple deals per order? as in 1 new and 1 used, or are you doing multiple orders at once (i.e. 2 new 2 used).

#120 sag375

sag375

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:40 PM

The cancelled mine as well because I started with Space CHimps for 1.99 New and Got Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. But, they cancelled iT!!
Posted Image