[Canada] Wal-Mart $1 games YMMV

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

stopped by at kanata walmart at the beginning of this week, my grand ma ended up getting 40 really lame games for wii ds and ps2 for B-day presents, i picked up a few cool ones, like pimp my ride, prison break, beowolf, konami classics 2, magical starsign, king of fighters collection for wii, banio , nice haul. good luck to others, were not hoarders we just picked up games for our cousins who have wii ds a ps2.

I LOVE Magical Starsign. IT's very formulaic and exactly like a default RPG but that's what I wanted and I had fun the entire time.

I picked up Final Fantasy IV DS for $14.83.

I swear the $1 games didn't exist.

i see FFIV but I keep passing it up. I don't know why. I kinda want it. Maybe after this wek if I grab Excite Trucks and Haze from EB.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#122 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

Anyone in Calgary want a copy of Dissidia: Final Fantasy for free? I posted earlier that I got a copy on this deal, but have no use for it.

i see FFIV but I keep passing it up. I don't know why. I kinda want it.

Advice: stick to the original. It's just better - quicker too, and a tad bit more challenging.

#123 fokkerfan

fokkerfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:52 PM

Sure, I'll take it! I just checked the Deerfoot location and a couple of $1.00 games left were MLB 07, NBA 08 and girls volleyball. All for PS2.

#124 daisil

daisil

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

By this point the $1 games mostly DON'T exist. They've been picked through.
I managed to find space camp and ace attorney: investigation (miles edgeworth)
Might make a trip to town to another walmart and see what there is to find.

#125 Nukkus

Nukkus

What is this I don't even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Anyone in Calgary want a copy of Dissidia: Final Fantasy for free? I posted earlier that I got a copy on this deal, but have no use for it.

Advice: stick to the original. It's just better - quicker too, and a tad bit more challenging.

i was trying to get soemone else to trade $5 paypal for soem of my stuff so i could get you to ship it, but nevermind :<

#126 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:03 PM

i was trying to get soemone else to trade $5 paypal for soem of my stuff so i could get you to ship it, but nevermind :<

Damn it, man! why didn't you tell me that :lol: although in all honesty you probably shouldn't be going to this length for a game. PM me again, let's try to sort this out, if you can indeed somehow get the $5 to cover S&H to me.

Sorry @ fokkerfan, but if Nukkus can't deliver than I suppose you can have it. Aslong as it doesn't goto a hoarder.

#127 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

Damn it, man! why didn't you tell me that :lol: although in all honesty you probably shouldn't be going to this length for a game. PM me again, let's try to sort this out, if you can indeed somehow get the $5 to cover S&H to me.

Sorry @ fokkerfan, but if Nukkus can't deliver than I suppose you can have it. Aslong as it doesn't goto a hoarder.

been trying to pm you, but it says your box is full >_<
and the fact of the matter is, i can;t find dissidia locally even for regular price.

#128 fokkerfan

fokkerfan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

$1.00 accessories deal now at Wal*Mart. Good Luck everyone.

#129 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:42 AM

oh wow. that's right. deep in my mind the reason i keep passing it up is that I actually have the GBA version. I keep forgetting. I bought III:ds: because I don't have it but I have I/II, IV, V, and VI on GBA. VII on PS3 download. One day I'll buy VIII and then.. maybe in a few years I'll actually play all these.

By this point the $1 games mostly DON'T exist. They've been picked through.
I managed to find space camp and ace attorney: investigation (miles edgeworth)
Might make a trip to town to another walmart and see what there is to find.

Edgeworth was $1? :clap: :clap: I had to use a stupid smiley because that is a fantastic grab.

what exactly is $1 accessories. I just got paid and I got all day tomorrow to hunt down wal-marts. no way it's like controllers? right? b/c I need some :ps3: controllers and maybe a USB hub?

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#130 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

what exactly is $1 accessories. I just got paid and I got all day tomorrow to hunt down wal-marts. no way it's like controllers? right? b/c I need some :ps3: controllers and maybe a USB hub?

After reading the RFD thread, it seems like it's only 3rd party Wii and DS accessories, like cases, chargers and starter kits. Nothing for 360/PS3.
Posted Image

#131 wrathchild

wrathchild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

After reading the RFD thread, it seems like it's only 3rd party Wii and DS accessories, like cases, chargers and starter kits. Nothing for 360/PS3.

Actually I was able to find a first party psp go case, and the psp headphones with the remote for 1.00

#132 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Actually I was able to find a first party psp go case, and the psp headphones with the remote for 1.00

Hehe, it doesn't surprise me at all that they would want to get rid of the PSP Go accessories. Nice find on the headphones through!
Posted Image

#133 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

still not bad. always wanted a Wii charge kit but could never justify the expense when it may or may not work with the M+ and/or condoms. I'm out now to stop at the first wal-mart.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#134 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

i went to walmart in dartmouth crossing to look for accessories, upon asking about the whereabouts of the dollar accessories they accused me of being a hoarder from that "Red Flag Gang" and ordered me to leave the store. I di9d manage to get a copy of Shaun White for PC for $0.98 however.

#135 Shinn23

Shinn23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:06 AM

The only accessories that were marked at my closest store were some controller wipes and a PSP something case

#136 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:13 AM

Godammit, I need a PSPGo Case... I actually have a PSPGo. Too late now I guess... fucking RFD :( they'll buy anything as long as it's a deal!
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#137 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

i went to walmart in dartmouth crossing to look for accessories, upon asking about the whereabouts of the dollar accessories they accused me of being a hoarder from that "Red Flag Gang" and ordered me to leave the store. I di9d manage to get a copy of Shaun White for PC for $0.98 however.

that's offensive and sounds borderline illegal. wow tht sucks.

I do need to check out that list. I didn't see anything at my Wal-Mart. No section and I grabbed a few random stuff of the shelf and all rang up normally.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#138 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

also, shaun white is crud,e ven at a dollar :<

#139 Alexisonfire

Alexisonfire

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

that's offensive and sounds borderline illegal. wow tht sucks.

Offensive yes, but I believe any store has the right to sell to whoever they want. If they do not want to do business with you, they don't want to do business with you and have every right to remove you. At least that's what I've heard.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that someone at Wal-Mart has the balls to do it.

Sucks to be in your position and i'm sorry to hear it, but I only hope that some actual hoarders were turned away in a similar fashion.

#140 gmoney1234567890

gmoney1234567890

Captain Canuck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Nothing at Kenaston winnipeg location, except some hello kitty mousepads and bakugan (?) Ds cases
Boosh!

#141 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:39 PM

Offensive yes, but I believe any store has the right to sell to whoever they want. If they do not want to do business with you, they don't want to do business with you and have every right to remove you. At least that's what I've heard.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that someone at Wal-Mart has the balls to do it.

Sucks to be in your position and i'm sorry to hear it, but I only hope that some actual hoarders were turned away in a similar fashion.

all i really wanted was a set of psp 2000 headphones, but they didn't seem to have any anyway.

#142 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

I scanned a pspgo official earbuds, they are not on clearance. Did snag tekken 6 for 1.