Photo
- - - - -

YMMV Best Buy still has Metroid Prime Trilogy $24.50!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Optical

Optical

Go Big Red

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

I think if they have less than 3 copies it shows unavailable. The best bet would be to go to Best Buy with the SKU and have the employee look it up in their internal stock checker.

#32 Maniac Mansion

Maniac Mansion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:17 AM

I think my fav of the 3 games is Echoes...anyone else have a fav?

#33 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

i got a copy ages ago but can never justify opening it to play it.

regarding the controller debate, pretty much every review i've read says the wii controls are far superior and that these are the definitive editions of the games. i haven't played them, but based on re4 i'd say it's likely i'd agree. now i'm scared to play my wii because i'm so used to move.

#34 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:25 AM

I think my fav of the 3 games is Echoes...anyone else have a fav?

Echoes was my favorite also although it was a tad on the easy side, well depending on the amount of power-ups you collected.

--------------------------------

I wish I would've picked up the Trilogy Collection when it was moderately priced and easily available, now I'm kicking myself :bomb:

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#35 alarmed

alarmed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Someone got all 3 copies they had either yesterday, or very early today.

I did check again early today aroung 10:30, out of curiousity.

I should've either bought them on Credit (the wife would've killed me), or just posted that I knew where some were for $24.99 (not $24.50 as I posted yesterday). .49 cents is .49 cents, right? lol.

This site is much more powerful than I thought, because I really expected to find 1 or 2 of them, when I went back today!

Even if I had found them still there today, I was planning on putting them on my debit card to avoid my wife yelling at me, and selling them for their original price $49.99.

I really dislike the whole ebay/craigslist/paypal etc..., situation these days.

If you sell on ebay, you pay listing/selling fees etc...

If you sell on craigslist, you don't know what the hell you're getting into!

And if you sell on the internet, you probably have to deal with Paypal.

Shaq-FU Paypal!

Anyway, here is a copy of the message I sent to the 2 people that PM'd me.---

"I went there today around 10:30 to do just that. I didn't want to mess with ebay, but I figured if I could help you guys out, I'd go there and buy them up if they were still there. They were all gone when I got there. I'm sorry, seriously I am.

I also found out that the price was $24.99, not $24.50, as I thought I read yesterday. I hope some Branson CAG's got them, but being that all 3 of them were gone, I'm guessing that I did you & everyone else interested in them an injustice by listing them for on CAG (where NON-Cager's go for deals).

I once again apologise, I wasn't interested in them, since I own a copy already, but this will make me re-think the way I put deals on CAG in the future.

I should've just bought them, and gone to the Trade section to insure that I could sell them to you guys. I just don't really want to get involved in Trades, since money is involved, and I don't have a Paypal account, and don't really have the motivation to get one.

I used to sell heavy on ebay, years ago. I paid ebay for my account by check, and never messed with Paypal, then got out of it for whatever reason, as quickly as I got into it.

But I figure most CAG trading probably involves Paypal for good reason, just never had the motivation.

Anyway in the future I will post those kind of deals differently, so CAG's can benefit.

You will be the first person I contact, btw, if I find another one of these in my work/delivery/travels, if that means anything."

In hindsight, I apologise to anyone that really wanted this game, and their hopes were lifted and then crushed by the fact that I posted it on CAG for EVERYONE to see.

At the time, I thought I was doing the civil "NICE" thing, by not buying them up, since I already owned one.

But in the future, I will do this kind of post differently. Haven't figured that out yet, but I will learn.

Once again, I'm sorry to those of you that went out of your way to hopefully get this game for $24.99. I've been a member of this site for a long time now, you'd think I'd know how powerful the internet is, and how many people that aren't members of this site, frequent it...

...sorry.

#36 arenee

arenee

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:49 AM

I was there yesterday around 12:30pm and snagged all 3 of them. I am in Branson every week and have been in that store several times looking for MPT or any other good deals. So I'm not sure if they found them in the backroom while looking for something else.

I did not see your post on here before going there, but saw this thread when I got home last night.

#37 Kezay

Kezay

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

I thought the Wii controls made the games MUCH better.

They do. As great as the first two games were on the GCN when they came out the game relied a lot on lock on as the second analog handled your visor settings. The Wii Remote keeps the game's controls intact while addressing that particular issue making the games that much more enjoyable. No way can I go back to a standard controller to play those games after having used the Wii Remote.