When do Best Buy reward zone points expire?

blindinglights

CAGiversary!
I'm getting ready to buy some box sets from BestBuy.com because I have some gift cards from Christmas that I would like to use. I know that the gift cards don't count towards RZ points but I will end up having to pay $50 since the gift cards don't cover all that I want and I wanted to make sure I was going to get that on my account for this year.

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm getting ready to buy some box sets from BestBuy.com because I have some gift cards from Christmas that I would like to use. I know that the gift cards don't count towards RZ points but I will end up having to pay $50 since the gift cards don't cover all that I want and I wanted to make sure I was going to get that on my account for this year.[/QUOTE]

What?

I think you need to clarify a little bit what gift cards have anything to do with RZ points expiration.

Your op is also quite misleading and confusing.

When you buy something at Best Buy with a gift card or certificate, that amount of money does not count towards RZ points. However, I am still spending $50 on the purchase which will be counted towards my points, which I want to make sure I actually get, i.e. not make this purchase right before they reset the points to zero. I think I just kind of rambled on with too much information, sorry.

Basically: is it safe to buy stuff now and not lose my points in the annual reset or do I have to wait a little longer.

The tally which determines if you qualify for Silver next year has already been reset as of January 1st. The points have not been reset which is consistent with what Best Buy did last year. I believe they zeroed them the third week in January. I recall getting screwed as I lost my Christmas purchases which had just posted literally 48 hours before the reset.

[quote name='bojay1997']The tally which determines if you qualify for Silver next year has already been reset as of January 1st. The points have not been reset which is consistent with what Best Buy did last year. I believe they zeroed them the third week in January. I recall getting screwed as I lost my Christmas purchases which had just posted literally 48 hours before the reset.[/QUOTE]

So seeing as the points take a bit of time to actually post to the account, would I be safe buying something now or should I wait until they actually zero them?

bread's done
Back