Academic references...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Definitely, I have no problems with faculty kicking out students if they aren't up to snuff, so to speak. I saw it done several times while in grad school. Sure some dropped but some basically were told they wouldn't be allowed to continue on after they got there MA. Accepting them into the MFA program was just a small step. They had to constantly prove they were worthy of staying in the program and were constantly being evaluated by faculty review committees.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

No problem. I think we all know what a terminal degree is. :D

You'll probably run in to others like me who have a "little man complex" from having a terminal degree - but it's only a MFA not a PhD ;) We tend to go a little crazy clarifying the "terminal degree" thing!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, that's true. We just started the Ph D program where I teach this year so we still have to work out those kind kinks going forward. Put in some mechanism where they don't have to reapply to the Ph D program, but have to have their Master's record at least meet the Ph D standards etc.

There are standards MA students have to keep to be eligible for funding etc., but those wouldn't work as they're below the Ph D admission standards.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection