50% Off and Free Shipping at the EA Store - Today Only

• Please log in to reply
646 replies to this topic

#511 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:43 AM

Placed one order that didn't go through (yet?).

Went back after not getting a confirmation email. Got Dante's Inferno (PS3) and ME2 (Xbox).
I would have preferred ME2 on PS3, but full price vs $10? I am a CAG, after all! ;)

I received my order confirmation not too long after I made the order

#512 JamesMc

JamesMc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:44 AM

Reluctantly bought Dragon Age Origins, Ultimate Edition.

Don't know if I'll like it.

Like:
- Mass Effect 2
- Fallout 3

Did not really like
- Star Wars KOTOR
- Jade Empire
- Mass Effect 1
- Oblivion
- Morrowind

#513 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

What kind of stupid ass decision is it to run a sale like this on an off day before people get home from work? Seriously, it's like they did it on purpose to make sure that most people couldn't take advantage of it. A real dick move.

This thread is 26 pages long. Pretty sure you're in the minority there bud.

#514 mossman43

mossman43

Castlevania Freak

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

I got Madden 11 and NFS: Shift. I hope Shift isn't in a Platinum Hits case!
Proud owner of a PC Engine Duo-R with Castlevania Dracula X!!

#515 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

This thread is 26 pages long. Pretty sure you're in the minority there bud.

stupid work firewall blocks EA's website for me.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#516 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

I ended up picking up Dragon Age: Ultimate for PS3. I had a problem with my computer and placed 2 orders, but only paid for one. I wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get charged a second one. So I chatted with the Rep and he canceled the second order. While i was at it, I asked him about the birthday coupon. He gave me a 20% off code so I can use it on my next order. I tried it out to see if it was 20% or $20, and it's invalid...lol. I guess I will have to contact them before I place my next order...

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#517 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

Reluctantly bought Dragon Age Origins, Ultimate Edition.

Don't know if I'll like it.

Like:
- Mass Effect 2
- Fallout 3

Did not really like
- Star Wars KOTOR
- Jade Empire
- Mass Effect 1
- Oblivion
- Morrowind

Jade Empire is still my favorite Bioware game. Everyday I wish for a second part. Loved that freaking game!

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#518 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

What kind of stupid ass decision is it to run a sale like this on an off day before people get home from work? Seriously, it's like they did it on purpose to make sure that most people couldn't take advantage of it. A real dick move.

It was going on well before I went into work. o.o

#519 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

It was going on well before I went into work. o.o

yep, I mean this thread was started at 4AM EST, and it ended at 7PM EST. plenty of time to get in, unless you're working 18 hour shifts or something. I just laugh at the fact that someone thinks this was an intentional move to screw people over. Yes, because they hate money that badly...

#520 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:07 AM

Was going back and forth about picking up couple 10 dollar games and decided not to. Still have huge back log of games from all the sales at the end of the year.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#521 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

Picked up NBA JAM (XB360). I'm hoping it's just as fun as the original!

Thanks OP and all of those who contributed!

EDIT: Just checking my e-mail only to find my order was canceled. I had a bit of a disagreement with one of the CSRs.. which leads me to believe he may have had something to do with it. The order was promotion code-free so there shouldn't be any issues. Hmm..

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#522 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

EDIT: Just checking my e-mail only to find my order was canceled. I had a bit of a disagreement with one of the CSRs.. which leads me to believe he may have had something to do with it. The order was promotion code-free so there shouldn't be any issues. Hmm..

Tyrone got his revenge?

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#523 mozby

mozby

Cheap Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

ArGh! My order processed seconds after the deadline and I was billed the FULL amount for the 50% off games I bought! I just spent the last 30+ minutes chatting with a fucking rep who was no fucking help and then she fucking disconnected the chat!

Anyone have a phone number to call?
Posted Image

#524 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:21 AM

Tyrone got his revenge?

Suddenly, all of those people who used their $20 birthday discounts get their orders canceled.

#525 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

ArGh! My order processed seconds after the deadline and I was billed the FULL amount for the 50% off games I bought! I just spent the last 30+ minutes chatting with a fucking rep who was no fucking help and then she fucking disconnected the chat!

Support number is somewhere early in the thread, search for it! I think to speak with a rep you press 9

#526 coopx

coopx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:24 AM

They cant do that, call their customer service. 1-650-628-1001

#527 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

Tyrone got his revenge?

He's probably a large muscular black man who hates skinny white boy nerds such as myself.

Discrimination.

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#528 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

I got the order confirmation e-mail, but I cant find where my order would be on the site. I know some people were mentioning their orders not showing up...If I got the order email, I should be in the clear, yeah?

#529 Trance Addix

Trance Addix

AMG and M

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

He's probably a large muscular black man who hates skinny white boy nerds such as myself.

Discrimination.

You should call up customer service and complain. :bomb:

I got the order confirmation e-mail, but I cant find where my order would be on the site. I know some people were mentioning their orders not showing up...If I got the order email, I should be in the clear, yeah?

I had a rep confirm my order. I got an e-mail, but it's not showing up under my account.

YZtI2yo.jpg

signoflash.jpg
  I love Pork.

#530 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

Their customer support is incredibly useless. Phone support is supposedly down. This is crap.
PEW PEW PEW.

#531 Lparsons7641

Lparsons7641

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

Just missed the sale, didn't think to check the site till now.

Oh well, I really DIDN'T NEED to spend the money anyway of DAO. I already bit the regular version anyways.........

#532 Schizophriend

Schizophriend

Panda P.I.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:47 AM

I don't check the internet before I head to work and I get home at 5:30 pm. :(
I hate missing these couple hour only deals.

#533 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

My order has already been charged and I've received my email confirmation. There is another account page that shows the process status, but it seems down right now.

#534 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

Well, I didn't need any of the games but I bought 4 copies of FIFA 11. One of my friends decided against buying it since her PS3 stays at her home, not at college, but at least now I can try to sway her with the cheaper copy!

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#535 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

They cant do that, call their customer service. 1-650-628-1001

Use the 800 number instead it's a free call..

1-800-959-7331

Also If you speak to a customer service rep 9 times out of 10 they will help you. Every once in a while you'll come across that guy that hates his job but just hangup and call back and get another one.

About seeing your orders on your account. I have never been able to see my orders on EA's site. Don't know why but a CSR can see and tell you or verify if everything went through

#536 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

MOzby look at my last post

#537 mozby

mozby

Cheap Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:07 AM

MOzby look at my last post

Thank you! I wish I hadn't wasted so much time chatting with the fuckers... hopefully this will be rectified amicably tomorrow after 8am PST (noon my time). I will post my results.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with EA customer service, the guy I spoke with was awesome and friendly. Took about 10-15 minutes, but he gave me a partial refund to match what the total cost would have been with the sale prices and free shipping.

Edited by mozby, 21 January 2011 - 09:28 PM.
UPDATE

Posted Image

#538 sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

Should have bought 25 copies of Dragon Age while I had the chance. It's going 47 new on Amazon.

sneakysnake128.png 76561197962245625.pngfss_overall.png

#539 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

Talked to Online Support, they gave me a birthday code via chat but code says invalid when I went to use it
Posted Image

#540 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:24 AM

Thank you! I wish I hadn't wasted so much time chatting with the fuckers... hopefully this will be rectified amicably tomorrow after 8am PST (noon my time). I will post my results.

We'll be waiting in anticipation.